Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #6,121 of 6,404
I've tried to explain previously 1Plus2 and 2.2 play pop music brilliantly, but the others won't have any of it..

Hahah! Agree with you, H20. I listen to loads of mandarin and Cantopop with the 2.2. No issue with that at all. :)

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #6,122 of 6,404
Hahah! Agree with you, H20. I listen to loads of mandarin and Cantopop with the 2.2. No issue with that at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

+2

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #6,123 of 6,404
Jun 2, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #6,124 of 6,404
I wasn't aware there are so many pop music admirers in this thread.

Give this one a spin, one my favourites. :wink_face:

I haven't a chance to listen to it on the 2.2 yet but I'm listening to it on my desktop rig, off the Abyss :speak_no_evil:

Though I must confess to being more partial to I Really Like You. :yum:

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #6,125 of 6,404
I haven't a chance to listen to it on the 2.2 yet but I'm listening to it on my desktop rig, off the Abyss :speak_no_evil:

Though I must confess to being more partial to I Really Like You. :yum:

Rocking out Carly on the Abyss, you took it to extremes!

The original 1Plus2 is a great choice for that song imo, it gets that airy high octane clarity going, starts melting your ears.

Also surprising how well 1Plus2 performs playing cheesy pop music. Obviously Gavin had this designed into the earphone intentionally.

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #6,127 of 6,404
When you said Carly, I thought you guys were referring to the one and only true Carly, Carly Simon. I was wrong obviously. Lol

With 2.2 in your inventory anything will sound good. Even Alvin and the Chipmunks - The Road Chip.

More people need to hear/buy this thing, its my #1 top shelf pedigree atm.

The show pony of show ponies.

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #6,129 of 6,404
So, now I'm debating completing the Holy trinity of audio... Lol. I'm probably going to order the new 1p2.

Can someone help me a little. How is bass compared to the Ref 1? Or too? Maybe some other comparisons between the 3. How are they alike? Different? TIA.

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #6,130 of 6,404
So, now I'm debating completing the Holy trinity of audio... Lol. I'm probably going to order the new 1p2.

Can someone help me a little. How is bass compared to the Ref 1? Or too? Maybe some other comparisons between the 3. How are they alike? Different? TIA.

I don't know what the others think though my 2.2 throws out quite a bit more detail and energy than my (original) Ref.1, particularly around the mid-range its a full rich experience, thick yet vibrant. When I listen to Ref.1 before/after it sounds restricted like the detail has been reduced or capped until I adjust and find myself creeping the volume up to replicate the mid-range of 2.2.

Ref.1 bass is more impactful and extended, 2.2 low end is more akin to the original 1Plus2. But it cannot quite keep up with the 2.2 mid-range experience either if you're going for a full wow factor. I still think the original 1Plus2 is quite unique in the way it can draw emotion from vocals and almost cause a frog in your throat with its precision and timbre.

If you have the money spare do it, guarantee you won't go wrong. Anakchan loves it as do I.

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #6,131 of 6,404

[snip!]

If you have the money spare do it, guarantee you won't go wrong. Anakchan loves it as do I.

Oooo....you've drawn me out of the woodworks here :wink:. Now I've not heard the 1Plus2 nor Ref 1 for a very long time so I'd actually have to dig out my past notes and past reviews to refresh my thoughts on them and even then, I probably had learnt a lot more and gained more experience in listening to the various other offerings that have popped up in the personal audio market in the past 2-3 years.

So you'll have to take this with a grain of salt.

To me the 1Plus2.2 retains the basic 1Plus2 sound from what I remember. The bass is impactful and tight with a nice reverberating render. The mids to my ears, similar to the original 1Plus2 a slight U shape but not offensively recessed. Texture to vocals in the mids remain beautifully textured, smooth and clear which extends up to the treble region. Now personally for me, and again based on memory, the treble on the new 1Plus2.2s feel smoother and etheareal-ish than the original 1Plus2's. It's almost like the original 1Plus2 took notes from the likes of electrostats and incorporated into the 1Plus2.2's. And from this aspect is where I feel the 1Plus2.2's shine.

One other factor I noticed with the 1Plus2.2 is that it's highly sensitive picking up hiss on setups I didn't notice hiss before. It's made a good tool to sus out setups what a hissy.

Now I'm going to be frank and state that KSE1500's transparency still wins me over the 1Plus2.2 however from the perspective of musicality and ease transportation/on-the-go listening (ever seen the AK380CU+amp+KSE1500 stack!?!?!), the 1Plus2.2 and AK380Cu+amp is an easier daily on-the-go. If I listen to music on my way to and from work, it's the 1Plus2.2+AK380Cu+amp that I use. If I do sit down in a coffee shop for more than 1-2 hrs (which is rare these days with family and kids), then I may whip out the AK380Cu/KSE1500 stack.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #6,132 of 6,404

Oooo....you've drawn me out of the woodworks here :wink:. Now I've not heard the 1Plus2 nor Ref 1 for a very long time so I'd actually have to dig out my past notes and past reviews to refresh my thoughts on them and even then, I probably had learnt a lot more and gained more experience in listening to the various other offerings that have popped up in the personal audio market in the past 2-3 years.

So you'll have to take this with a grain of salt.

To me the 1Plus2.2 retains the basic 1Plus2 sound from what I remember. The bass is impactful and tight with a nice reverberating render. The mids to my ears, similar to the original 1Plus2 a slight U shape but not offensively recessed. Texture to vocals in the mids remain beautifully textured, smooth and clear which extends up to the treble region. Now personally for me, and again based on memory, the treble on the new 1Plus2.2s feel smoother and etheareal-ish than the original 1Plus2's. It's almost like the original 1Plus2 took notes from the likes of electrostats and incorporated into the 1Plus2.2's. And from this aspect is where I feel the 1Plus2.2's shine.

One other factor I noticed with the 1Plus2.2 is that it's highly sensitive picking up hiss on setups I didn't notice hiss before. It's made a good tool to sus out setups what a hissy.

Now I'm going to be frank and state that KSE1500's transparency still wins me over the 1Plus2.2 however from the perspective of musicality and ease transportation/on-the-go listening (ever seen the AK380CU+amp+KSE1500 stack!?!?!), the 1Plus2.2 and AK380Cu+amp is an easier daily on-the-go. If I listen to music on my way to and from work, it's the 1Plus2.2+AK380Cu+amp that I use. If I do sit down in a coffee shop for more than 1-2 hrs (which is rare these days with family and kids), then I may whip out the AK380Cu/KSE1500 stack.

I guess for me having owned and enjoyed the original 1Plus2 for so long 2.2 offers an extension of that.

The same meaning and signature in a nutshell but it comes across thicker and more detailed especially around the mid-range, sibilance has been reduced at higher volumes as well. I also agree on the treble being slightly smoother or less forward than the original which makes 2.2 hold up better at higher volumes and sound quite fleshed out or higher in energy or potency, and that's what it sounds like to me, a stronger level of immersion. For a fan of vocals which is all I really concentrate on these days, I don't know what more I could ask from 2.2's mid-range because it really displays itself as a 'next level' earphone in that regard.

The original will always be to me what the heart of Tralucent was, 2.2 has been to the workshop and taken on some valuable performance upgrades. 

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #6,133 of 6,404
Agreed, H20 and Anakchan. For owners of the Tera player, the 2.2 pushes out by introducing a nice lush musical presentation with a great sense of space and solid bass. The timbre is also breathtaking... :)

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #6,134 of 6,404
Agreed, H20 and Anakchan. For owners of the Tera player, the 2.2 pushes out by introducing a nice lush musical presentation with a great sense of space and solid bass. The timbre is also breathtaking... :)

Kiats,

I think you have the Michel Jonasz - Au Zenith concert? See if you have the track called 'Arthur', try that on 2.2. Its amaze balls.

If you're interested Anakchan we can show you where to buy it via PM. :)

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #6,135 of 6,404
I'll look it up. Thx for the tip!

Edit: just looked it up, wonder if it's my taste :wink:? Interesting though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back