Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #2,971 of 6,404
The sound of the uber is truly intoxicating. 
biggrin.gif
The sound of your credit card slowly agonizing :)

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,973 of 6,404
Can u describe the improvement of uber cable in more detail please? If possible ?:)

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #2,974 of 6,404
Can u describe the improvement of uber cable in more detail please? If possible ?:)
I wrote a review of the Uber cable a few months back :-

http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-uber-cable/reviews/8933

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2,975 of 6,404
Quote:
I wrote a review of the Uber cable a few months back :-

http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-uber-cable/reviews/8933

thanks as always:wink:

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #2,976 of 6,404
In one word. uBer is much better, when previous tralucent cables. Very clean and sound, even straight out of my RWAK100. I didn't even try to amp it yet. Also, I tried to walk out and about with it and it is very comfy and sturdy. If you have spare $1100, don't hesitate to buy it. You won't regret.
Guys, I have a question. I am using double flange silicon tips.They came with my Yamaha EPH-100 IEMs and fit perfectly on 1plus2s.
I want to buy more of them but don't know where. Does somebody else using double flange tips with their tralucents.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #2,978 of 6,404
I had the same problem. This pipe tape helped (black color). Just put a little piece on every side of the shell  where connector go and your problem will be solved.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #2,979 of 6,404
Quote:
I had the same problem. This pipe tape helped (black color). Just put a little piece on every side of the shell  where connector go and your problem will be solved.

Thank you very much! Don't they call that PTFE tape or something? Luckily I am on a ship, so I shall just go and see the electrician or Chief Engineer! THANKS!

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #2,980 of 6,404
Quote:
Can u describe the improvement of uber cable in more detail please? If possible ?
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with mostly everything Sean put in his review. The biggest difference I've heard thus far is the treble energy. If you are like me, that can't stand strident or harsh treble than the uber cable just might do it for you. The difference between the gold/silver (version 1) vs. uber cable is actually more significant than I thought it would be. Typically, I don't hear huge or even moderate differences or changes in the sound with other swapping of cables, but with the 1plus2 the cable really does make a difference. The presentation is quite a bit more refined. It just takes what the 1plus2 does good and makes it great. There are only two things that should keep people away from the uber... that is price and durability/fragility.

Hope that helps. I wish I could do a proper comparison, but right now I only have my uber cable. I might be able to demo the silver/gold (original version) again, or get a hold of a new silver or silver/gold cable soon, so I can do a more in-depth comparison/review.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2,981 of 6,404
I agree with mostly everything Sean put in his review. The biggest difference I've heard thus far is the treble energy. If you are like me, that can't stand strident or harsh treble than the uber cable just might do it for you. The difference between the gold/silver (version 1) vs. uber cable is actually more significant than I thought it would be. Typically, I don't hear huge or even moderate differences or changes in the sound with other swapping of cables, but with the 1plus2 the cable really does make a difference. The presentation is quite a bit more refined. It just takes what the 1plus2 does good and makes it great. There are only two things that should keep people away from the uber... that is price and durability/fragility.

Thanks! Refinement of treble is exactly what I wished for my 1+2 :) I will try it out soon ~

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #2,982 of 6,404
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]Just want to report that 1p2 pair very well with tube amp like the ZDSE. The treble refinement is so good, I cannot describe properly in words. The sound stage open up real wide. Bass gets tighten even more, becomes very tuneful, every bass note is very well "separated".

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #2,983 of 6,404
$1,100 for a fragile Uber Cable.  Looking forward to the $2,000 not so fragile Uber2 cable.  You all know it is coming...

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2,984 of 6,404
Quote:
Thank you very much! Don't they call that PTFE tape or something? Luckily I am on a ship, so I shall just go and see the electrician or Chief Engineer! THANKS!

That looks like Teflon tape - see the plumber, not the electrician.... (but I don't think it comes in black - so the picture might not represent the item required)

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #2,985 of 6,404
I used an electrician tape in black color. Works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back