Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #1,606 of 6,404
I am your friend too... Please send it to me
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,609 of 6,404
Quote:
Oh wow DF you live in Winnipeg? Ironic, I'm in Winnipeg right now for work, away from Vancouver. Hmm... guess I don't need to ship the Tralucent gear to you anymore eh? :p PM sent.

PM replied, maybe we can work out a meet but I'm working the buses the days you said you were in town.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #1,610 of 6,404
Any 1Plus2 owners having problems with their IEMs falling out of the cable connectors easily? My right IEM is not very secure and has detached itself at least twice in the past week. I don't wanna start using any kinda acrylic to tighten the connection or anything so wondering if you've had other solutions.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #1,611 of 6,404
Quote:
Any 1Plus2 owners having problems with their IEMs falling out of the cable connectors easily? My right IEM is not very secure and has detached itself at least twice in the past week. I don't wanna start using any kinda acrylic to tighten the connection or anything so wondering if you've had other solutions.

That's an inherent drawback of the two-pin system, unfortunately; the more we use it, the looser it gets, since it works on pure friction to stay on, and once those pins and sockets deform, it's hard to get them back into shape again, especially when we're talking about microns of tolerance. Luckily, the tour unit with me is still tight enough. It's going off to shotgunshane soon.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #1,612 of 6,404
Quote:

I had issues with my left IEM coming out easily. I fixed it by putting a small piece of folded scotch tape inside the recessed socket of the IEM and then I pushed the silver cable connecter into the recessed socket and it's very tight now. It doesn't come out at all and will take effort to dislodge it.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,613 of 6,404
That's an inherent drawback of the two-pin system, unfortunately; the more we use it, the looser it gets, since it works on pure friction to stay on, and once those pins and sockets deform, it's hard to get them back into shape again, especially when we're talking about microns of tolerance. Luckily, the tour unit with me is still tight enough. It's going off to shotgunshane soon.

Yes the same thing happened to my UM's. It's a pity the FitEar is somewhat proprietary or non-conventional at the very least but that clips in quite well despite my regular switching back 'n forth between the regular & 000's.

BTW, still looking at your thoughts about this product. Will PM you later.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #1,614 of 6,404
Quote:

I'm also curious to hear your thoughts on this IEM tomscy :).

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #1,616 of 6,404
Quote:

Have you done cable swaps? Sometimes another cables pins are slightly wider and loosens the jacks for others.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #1,617 of 6,404
Have you done cable swaps? Sometimes another cables pins are slightly wider and loosens the jacks for others.

I do switch back 'n forth between the silver & silver/gold (which is probably the cause). On my Beat Audio Cronus at least I could "bend" a little to improve the grip (which may or may not affect amount of surface area for connection) but don't want to do the that to the Tralucent cables cos one is mine, & the other isn't.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #1,618 of 6,404
Quote:

From the looks of how this recessed design is based I think what really holds it in place is actually the recessed housing more so than the 2 pins. At least from what I've experienced putting that piece of tape inside the recessed hole makes them fit really tight as it should. Personally it's a minor issue and it's not visible to the eye. I have the option of sending my pair back later to have it fixed but I'm not really sure I'll do that since the tape fixes it and it really doesn't cause me any issues. While in comparison to the older model and my Custom TF10s the pins would come out on a regular basis since nothing is really holding it in place besides the two pins. With usage this was more of a common thing. But not enough of an issue to upset me. But initially on my older silver cable I did have issues as it would come out really easily (like without even trying to take it off). While on the newer cable it would still come out at times when pulling the IEMs out of my pocket. With the new ones I don't have that happen at all.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #1,620 of 6,404
I had trouble with my 1p2's eartip holder, when I jerk them out too quickly the ortofon tip gets left behind in my ear xD
That happened to me when I was trying the Sony tips on the 1+2. Those I think are ok. I've seen pix of the triple flanges stuck in the ear & needing an audiologist to yank it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back