Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #1,561 of 6,404
I also have the cronus and would be most interested by your comparison. I will quote project 86 on the composition:

"Stephen advised that he had a bit of a hard time translating the info from Beat Audio regarding construction. The literal translation from Chinese is “light-speed conducting technology”. It is comprised of what they call 4 “threads”, which I assume means a starquad type configuration. Each strand uses compressed pure silver onto the surface of 8N OFC"

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #1,563 of 6,404
Quote:
And by the way, when you silver and gold cable from tralucent, do you mean the 600 bucks cable ?

I've had prices floated to me on e-mail & PM's. But I've not seen the official price on any webpage yet. I do know that the price difference between the silver/gold and silver is $100.

Edit: Sorry, no Beat Audio Cronus tests yet. I've been listening to my Stax instead.

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,564 of 6,404
I am too impatient with CIEM, as it involves sending your ear impression, making them, trying them and if the final product is not what you want selling them at a huge loss. I doubt I will ever do CIEM. The only CIEM I will ever take a risk of buying would be the ACS T1, that is about it. 

That's too bad because I think they're worth the wait :) FitEar was able to make mine in a week and they were incredibly amazing about it, though the wait was SOOO TERRIBLE but I think I can survive the next CIEM wait now :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,566 of 6,404
Quote:
Received the 1Plus2 and Triad L3+LLP today,  burning them in as I speak.

I'm curious GG on your earlier comment on the high quality Copper cable? You said you tried it on the 1Plus2? Was this the older model or newer one? Mainly curious because I can tell you now the newer model is most definitely more of a chameleon with cables (although the older one was also revealing as well).

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,567 of 6,404
Can anyone compare this with tg334 or k3003i in terms of bass, treble and sounstage. Also do I need to make an ear impression as I see it looks like it does not need... Sorry if any of these has already mention.. and thanks in advance.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,568 of 6,404
Quote:
Can anyone compare this with tg334 or k3003i in terms of bass, treble and sounstage. Also do I need to make an ear impression as I see it looks like it does not need... Sorry if any of these has already mention.. and thanks in advance.

IMO the sound stage is a lot bigger than Stock 334 (cables). I'm not so sure about the 000 cable as I've heard that helps the 334 not sound so "in your head". I'd say the sound stage is also bigger than AKG3003. Bass is of higher quality than both those IEMs IMO. The bass reminds me of Sony EX1000 bass but better quality and quantity. There is barely any decay in the bass. It's quite shocking for a dynamic driver. Plus you add the pure speed of these IEMs it's insanely fast. I haven't heard a faster IEM yet. To be quite frank the EX1000 still takes second place in terms of bass quality out of all the IEMs I've heard thus far. You don't need to take impressions. It's a universal fit IEM so no worries.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #1,570 of 6,404
AKG3003i sounded... fake. Fake and overexerting itself to present the sound in a constricted way. I think it trebles were grainy and had a bit of sibilance. Packaging was nice, but that really doesn't matter in the end.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,571 of 6,404
IMO the sound stage is a lot bigger than Stock 334 (cables). I'm not so sure about the 000 cable as I've heard that helps the 334 not sound so "in your head". I'd say the sound stage is also bigger than AKG3003. Bass is of higher quality than both those IEMs IMO. The bass reminds me of Sony EX1000 bass but better quality and quantity. There is barely any decay in the bass. It's quite shocking for a dynamic driver. Plus you add the pure speed of these IEMs it's insanely fast. I haven't heard a faster IEM yet. To be quite frank the EX1000 still takes second place in terms of bass quality out of all the IEMs I've heard thus far. You don't need to take impressions. It's a universal fit IEM so no worries.

+1

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #1,572 of 6,404
Quote:
AKG3003i sounded... fake. Fake and overexerting itself to present the sound in a constricted way. I think it trebles were grainy and had a bit of sibilance. Packaging was nice, but that really doesn't matter in the end.

I agree partially on GGs comments. The treble did have a bit of grain to it and the IEM could be sibilant but it wasn't a major issue for me. But the coherency issues between the bass drivers to the treble and mids left me feeling disconnected from the sound quite a lot. Just doesn't flow together. So at times I'd be quite happy then others, meh! What makes the 1Plus2 so unique is that it presents even more detail IMO than both these IEMs yet it isn't straining to do so. It just presents it in such an effortless way. Like its saying "look here bitches, I'm taking over, surrender now or be destroyed!" lol.
devil_face.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #1,573 of 6,404
Feb 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #1,575 of 6,404
Quote:

thanks! but that will be sooner to calm down the hype and to be fair on both.. :)

That's kinda one of the reasons why I don't write so much on this thread but happy to let others (like you :wink:) lead and me to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back