Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #4,471 of 10,312
I think when ordering from Frank, you have to expect the lead time and be willing to wait.  Don't order something that you need right away or within a month for example (unless Frank changes around his production line and lead times).  I waited 9-10 months for my cables and it was worth every second....granted it was a pretty big batch but I never hurried him along since I had cables to listen to already....but man oh man when everything came....the interconnects/headphone/iem cables......works of art.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #4,472 of 10,312
Quote:
I think when ordering from Frank, you have to expect the lead time and be willing to wait.  Don't order something that you need right away or within a month for example (unless Frank changes around his production line and lead times).  I waited 9-10 months for my cables and it was worth every second....granted it was a pretty big batch but I never hurried him along since I had cables to listen to already....but man oh man when everything came....the interconnects/headphone/iem cables......works of art.

Yea I get it. Its worth the wait.

All Im asking is if its worth the wait compared to other cable companies. Even if toxic cables are marginally better (if being the key word here), is the 10 month wait justifiable? Especially if a person only hs stock cables to listen to?

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #4,473 of 10,312
Quote:

I am in no doubt that Frank produce fantastic cables. After all, I am on this thread for a reason.

HPL Audio for example also a produce excellent cables (pure silver $200, Pure Silver with Gold $250) and have a turnaround time of 2 weeks. 

But in saying that, I am sure that Frank is backed up on orders for good reason. I am still yet to make my mind though. I've read that some people have been waiting in excess of 6 months. Kinda long dont you think?

yes 6 months is long..thats about 24 weeks or so (but i understand those are unique examples?)...

but did u know i am waiting for my new amp since june already also (and no am not nuts..lolz) ..and its only going to be ready at the end of november and then it takes around 2 weeks to get to my doorstep as the builder resides in canada...so i probably will get it just before christmas... and yep i paid...BUT I ALREADY KNOW THAT IT WILL BE SO WORTH IT..i even like the wait...it makes u want it more (and in meantime u can change how u want it...i changed a lot of things since i ordered back on 2 june.(even the color of the wooden knob for volume for the third time..oops.)...

but waiting makes u desire it more (or it will drive u nuts!)..and when u have it u appreciate it more... but still i ordered my last cable in january...got it in june or something... so for my lastest updates in my rig i have been waiting for a whole year (give or take)..

and yes i could go the simple way..get myself a HPL cable or another fast delivering brand (less orders?less hand/custom work?) and buy myself an off the shelf premium (also excellent!) amp and dac for probably less money then what i spend on my new amp...but why do it simple, easy and standard..if u can do it difficult and hard and get urself EXACTLY what u want (even the inside cabling, THE EXACT AMOUNT OF WATTS or even what kind of volume control u want inside as some can be extremely exotic i found out!)..and have something unique and superb sounding...well i made my choice...

but if i didnt by accident read a review of a well respected headfi'er here on headfi about their 'standard' headphone amp i never had jumped on the custommade wagon of that particular brand... my wallet hates him now..
deadhorse.gif

oops...

and frank does same thing..if u have special needs...i am sure frank can do it for u...no matter what..if its technically possible and in his eyes soundwise acceptable to his high standards..he will do it for u..my cable is one of a kind..until now i am still the only one who has it..thats why u have to wait...he accept the orders and makes the cables accordingly..no one gets put in front..no matter how much money u spent..and yeah..if ur just behind a crazy man who ordered a HUGE amount of cables (sensui? lolz) then u are a bit in bad luck....

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #4,474 of 10,312
Quote:
yes 6 months is long..thats about 24 weeks or so (but i understand those are unique examples?)...

but did u know i am waiting for my new amp since june already also (and no am not nuts..lolz) ..and its only going to be ready at the end of november and then it takes around 2 weeks to get to my doorstep as the builder resides in canada...so i probably will get it just before christmas... and yep i paid...BUT I ALREADY KNOW THAT IT WILL BE SO WORTH IT..i even like the wait...it makes u want it more (and in meantime u can change how u want it...i changed a lot of things since i ordered back on 2 june.(even the color of the wooden knob for volume for the third time..oops.)...

but waiting makes u desire it more (or it will drive u nuts!)..and when u have it u appreciate it more... but still i ordered my last cable in january...got it in june or something... so for my lastest updates in my rig i have been waiting for a whole year (give or take)..

and yes i could go the simple way..get myself a HPL cable or another fast delivering brand (less orders?less hand/custom work?) and buy myself an off the shelf premium (also excellent!) amp and dac for probably less money then what i spend on my new amp...but why do it simple, easy and standard..if u can do it difficult and hard and get urself EXACTLY what u want (even the inside cabling, THE EXACT AMOUNT OF WATTS or even what kind of volume control u want inside as some can be extremely exotic i found out!)..and have something unique and superb sounding...well i made my choice...

but if i didnt by accident read a review of a well respected headfi'er here on headfi about their 'standard' headphone amp i never had jumped on the custommade wagon of that particular brand... my wallet hates him now..
deadhorse.gif

oops...

and frank does same thing..if u have special needs...i am sure frank can do it for u...no matter what..if its technically possible and in his eyes soundwise acceptable to his high standards..he will do it for u..my cable is one of a kind..until now i am still the only one who has it..thats why u have to wait...he accept the orders and makes the cables accordingly..no one gets put in front..no matter how much money u spent..and yeah..if ur just behind a crazy man who ordered a HUGE amount of cables (sansui? lolz) then u are a bit in bad luck....

Ha. I love how you are so enthusiastic about the wait. I on the other hand am impatient. What if i get hit by a bus within the time it takes to make the flipping cable 
tongue.gif

Its great how Frank will cater to the needs of the customer. It really is. But so do HPL and the other companies.

I guess I got some thinking to do huh?

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #4,475 of 10,312
Quote:

Ha. I love how you are so enthusiastic about the wait. I on the other hand am impatient. What if i get hit by a bus within the time it takes to make the flipping cable 
tongue.gif

Its great how Frank will cater to the needs of the customer. It really is. But so do HPL and the other companies.

I guess I got some thinking to do huh?

i just love the cable! and i had a couple of other brands already and listened to many...my friend..its worth it..and if u have something to look for..u will be more carefull on the streets also..as u REALLY want to hear the new cable...U SEE..we have a win-win situation...because of the cables of frank..us peeps are more careful on the streets and so create less accidents... FRANK FOR PRESIDENT!!! OMG..i just lost it. lolz..

seriiously... i am not trying to sell franks products to u..if i didnt find them that good i wouldnt be so enthousiastic...for example..i deeply hated the he400 i had... so u wont hear me saying almost ANYTHING about that can... i just say...give it a few days to think about... we all respect it if u still decide to buy something else...and we wont cut ur tyres..PROMISE!!!..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4,476 of 10,312
Quote:

Yea I get it. Its worth the wait.

All Im asking is if its worth the wait compared to other cable companies. Even if toxic cables are marginally better (if being the key word here), is the 10 month wait justifiable? Especially if a person only hs stock cables to listen to?

That is really a personal call.  For me it really worked out since I'm constantly busy with work, family, and lately months with a big move to a new house.  So I guess the wait didn't seem as long....did give me a good break on head fi though......curse me for coming back....it started with just pm'in Frank to check status and to catch up with old friends and then I made the mistake of browsing.....wallet hates head fi.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,477 of 10,312
quote name="edyeded" url="/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread/4455#post_9722448"]
I am in no doubt that Frank produce fantastic cables. After all, I am on this thread for a reason.

HPL Audio for example also a produce excellent cables (pure silver $200, Pure Silver with Gold $250) and have a turnaround time of 2 weeks. 

But in saying that, I am sure that Frank is backed up on orders for good reason. I am still yet to make my mind though. I've read that some people have been waiting in excess of 6 months. Kinda long dont you think?
[/quote]

I have owned hpl cables namely the pure silver. They use neotech cables for pure silver. The neotech are only I believe 4n 5n copper.

Imo comparing the 2 the silver poison and neotech the silver poison rains imo. The bass extension and impact is second to none with pure silver

Normally you get pure silver and it takes away from the bass and mid bass frequency. Nit the silver poison silver poison give excellebt bass freq slam.extension ans mid bass.

Imo there is no comparispn between the neotech abd the silver poison

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #4,479 of 10,312
I hope it's ok to post this here:

I am selling my LCD-2.2 + a Toxic Cables "Arsenic" 8 wire cable. The Arsenic is a hybrid of White Widow and Silver Widow and is whitout doubt an excellent cable!

Be aware that I am NOT selling this because I am unsatisfied with the cable! It was worth every cent - it's an example of great craftmanship and takes the LCD 2.2 up a notch or two
I have to sell this stuff because I am in some financial trouble. Audio can be a pretty expensive "hobby" (more like an addiction
wink.gif
) and I have to shift my priorities to other things for now.

Shoot me a pm in case you're interested!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676683/audeze-lcd-2-2-bamboo-leather-toxic-cables-arsenic-8-wire-cable

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #4,480 of 10,312
Quote:

I am selling my LCD-2.2 + a Toxic Cables "Arsenic" 8 wire cable. The Arsenic is a hybrid of White Widow and Silver Widow and is whitout doubt an excellent cable!

Be aware that I am NOT selling this because I am unsatisfied with the cable! It was worth every cent - it's an example of great craftmanship and takes the LCD 2.2 up a notch or two
I have to sell this stuff because I am in some financial trouble. Audio can be a pretty expensive "hobby" (more like an addiction
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676683/audeze-lcd-2-2-bamboo-leather-toxic-cables-arsenic-8-wire-cable

I just shot you a PM :) 

It's either this arsenic or a silver widow for me!

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #4,481 of 10,312
Quote:

wink.gif

if i didnt bought the new amp i would for sure buy ur headphone with cable... u ask an excellent price! am sorry to hear about ur problems..good luck with it.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #4,483 of 10,312
Quote:

wink.gif

Sorry to hear about your troubles, good luck with the sale.
Hartmann is one of the good guys and you can buy with confidence.

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #4,484 of 10,312
Sorry to hear about your troubles, good luck with the sale.
Hartmann is one of the good guys and you can buy with confidence.

+1 i agree on the last point! This is a very good deal!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back