Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #4,456 of 10,312
Yes, we have communicated about 3 times now.  The last communication was on July 3 and read: "Sorry, i have moved it to the priority list now, it will ship next week without fail."  That was 6 weeks ago.  And don't forget, I am 6 months out from when I placed the order and paid for the order. And no indication was given at the time of purchase that the cable didn't exist.  It appeared to be "in stock".  Perhaps people who buy copper cables are automatically dropped in favor of people who buy silver cables.

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #4,457 of 10,312
Yes, we have communicated about 3 times now.  The last communication was on July 3 and read: "Sorry, i have moved it to the priority list now, it will ship next week without fail."  That was 6 weeks ago.  And don't forget, I am 6 months out from when I placed the order and paid for the order. And no indication was given at the time of purchase that the cable didn't exist.  It appeared to be "in stock".  Perhaps people who buy copper cables are automatically dropped in favor of people who buy silver cables.

Am sorry..but thats nonsense what u say in ur last line...i have my second BW (custommade) copper cable and everyone knows i am treated same way as others...(.a few even called me a toxic lover! :D).. I didnt wait any longer then a SW (silver) patient (as i call the buyers of silver cables..lolz)..

. If i was u i still would keep on stalking him with pm's bout ur cable... I think most of us did that...remember him of ur cable...lolz.

Concerning that 'in stock' thingie on ebay... If i understand it correctly on ebay it always says in stock..only in ur confirmation u get the correct delivery date..but 6 months is a bit on the long side i agree...FRANK? :rolleyes:

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #4,460 of 10,312
Beautiful! Let us know how they burn in....

popcorn.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #4,461 of 10,312
Got my Silver Widow balanced IEM cable and a mini to mini Silver Widow as well. Look great, sound great. Honestly, I expected high. Received higher. Great job Frank! Time wise no complaints - received in the exact promised timeframe - 9 weeks. Will post pictures later.

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #4,463 of 10,312
First post here! 

Just bought a Silver Widow off a fellow Singaporean who sold his ciems while waiting for the cables to arrive. Only listened to it for about 5 minutes but i'm liking what i'm hearing so far. Using it with a JH11, upgrading from a TWag V1. 

The most apparent difference to me would be the wider and deeper soundstage, combined with the punchier bass, while retaining absolutely pristine clarity. I did have a quick listen to the seller's TWag V3 as well, just for comparisons sake and I prefer the Silver Widows in every aspect sonically. Switching from the SW to the TWag V3, the latter just sounds a lot thinner with a slightly narrower soundstage.

Burning them in over the next few days and I must say i'm extremely pleased and excited with my purchase. Thanks Frank!

p.s. this is my first time i've ever posted any sort of review (albeit very brief) anywhere so please be forgiving!

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #4,468 of 10,312
10 weeks huh? And you seem like one of the lucky ones.

I may have to go for another option. I liked the fact that he is in the UK and so am I, but 10 weeks is just too long a wait!

Question: u prefer waiting less and actually pay more most of the times for same quality u get from frank.?.and am not even speaking about the upgrade in sound compared to other certain premium brands for same kind of cables...i know as before i got myself a toxic cable i listened/owned probably most of the premium brands until now..and until now..toxic is still on top of my list after he made me my last superlative cable... Piece of art and the sound..well..u can guess...
But as many say..its all about priorities...want the best?..then u have to wait for it..as lots of others want the same..and after first cable they keep on coming for more..like me..and most of us.. Once ur intoxicated u never turn back... :D

But its always ur choice..but trust me..its worth the wait..ask anyone who got their cable...
But we all understand for some the 10+ weeks wait is just to much..well then good luck with finding the same quality in sound and built for same price.. :wink:

Update: as far iunderstand the iem cables are delivered faster then the regular headphone cables...

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #4,470 of 10,312
Quote:
Question: u prefer waiting less and actually pay more most of the times for same quality u get from frank..and am not even speaking about the upgrade in sound compared to other certain premium brands for same kind of cables...i know as before i got myself a toxic cable i listened/owned probably most of the premium brands until now..and until now..toxic is still on top of my list after he made me my last superlative cable... Piece of art and the sound..well..u can guess...
But as many say..its all about priorities...want the best?..then u have to wait for it..as lots of others want the same..and after first cable they keep on coming for more..like me..and most of us.. Once ur intoxicated u never turn back...
biggrin.gif

But its always ur choice..but trust me..its worth the wait..ask anyone who got their cable...
But we all understand for some the 10+ weeks wait is just to much..well then good luck with finding the same quality in sound and built for same price..
wink.gif

Update: as far iunderstand the iem cables are delivered faster then the regular headphone cables...

I am in no doubt that Frank produce fantastic cables. After all, I am on this thread for a reason.

HPL Audio for example also a produce excellent cables (pure silver $200, Pure Silver with Gold $250) and have a turnaround time of 2 weeks. 

But in saying that, I am sure that Frank is backed up on orders for good reason. I am still yet to make my mind though. I've read that some people have been waiting in excess of 6 months. Kinda long dont you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back