Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,301 of 10,312
This combination really rocks. Tried many modern music players but always return to my trusted MD player and the toxic cables are just the icing on the cake.
as we all know you will be hard pressed to find a cable with better craftsmanship. Sound is personal so will let everybody judge for them self's

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #3,302 of 10,312
A few progress shots of my balanced White Widow Frank is making for my HD25 1 II's.
Thanks Frank :)
Note - This is/was the first White Widow conceived after I won the naming contest for the WW.
So looking forward to pairing this with my PB2/DB2/CLAS/iPod stack....

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #3,303 of 10,312
Quote:
A few progress shots of my balanced White Widow Frank is making for my HD25 1 II's.
Thanks Frank :)

Overkill ?
biggrin.gif
It surely does look nice.

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #3,304 of 10,312
Frank is your black copper 24awg wire for sale? I don't see any on ebay

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #3,306 of 10,312
Quote:

Woke up to a pleasant suprise today. The long wait was certainly worth it. Overall the build quality is very good, doesn't feel flimsy like the stock silvers and yet still light except for the neutrik plugs and 1/4 inch termination(they feel so solid). For now I am just going to enjoy them. Might post impressions later, when I stop getting intoxicated.

Awesome, looking forward to your impressions and sorry for the extremely long wait, i know you waited much longer then many.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #3,309 of 10,312
Hey guys I've not been lurking in this thread so I'm sorry if this was asked recently!

I have a pair of sennheiser HD600s (with stock cables) which I pair up with the schiit Magni + Modi stack. As I heard that Toxic Cables is coming to the London Head-Fi meet I'm pretty interested in getting a set for myself, but I'm not sure which cable would be best. 

I like the warmish sound signature that I get on my Magni + Modi stack and I'm not concerned with durability since I'll be using them only at home. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what might be the best set to buy? I suppose the question boils down to how the three different cables, the viper, silver poison and the scorpion, compare to each other in their sound signature(and other qualities). Thanks for the help guys!

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #3,310 of 10,312
Hey guys I've not been lurking in this thread so I'm sorry if this was asked recently!

I have a pair of sennheiser HD600s (with stock cables) which I pair up with the schiit Magni + Modi stack. As I heard that Toxic Cables is coming to the London Head-Fi meet I'm pretty interested in getting a set for myself, but I'm not sure which cable would be best. 

I like the warmish sound signature that I get on my Magni + Modi stack and I'm not concerned with durability since I'll be using them only at home. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what might be the best set to buy? I suppose the question boils down to how the three different cables, the viper, silver poison and the scorpion, compare to each other in their sound signature(and other qualities). Thanks for the help guys!

You do realise that a cable will cost more than your amp or dac? I don't think you should order a cable that matches this setup... You might get an upgrade soon, and then have to look for a different cable. Unless that's exactly what you want?

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #3,311 of 10,312
Quote:
You do realise that a cable will cost more than your amp or dac? I don't think you should order a cable that matches this setup... You might get an upgrade soon, and then have to look for a different cable. Unless that's exactly what you want?

Do aftermarket cables have a diminished improvement on low end dac/amps?

If it helps I probably won't be upgrading my cans or amp for a while. If I do upgrade I'll probably go for an amp upgrade in the far future as I'm too hooked on the HD600 sound right now.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #3,312 of 10,312
Quote:
Do aftermarket cables have a diminished improvement on low end dac/amps?

If it helps I probably won't be upgrading my cans or amp for a while. If I do upgrade I'll probably go for an amp upgrade in the far future as I'm too hooked on the HD600 sound right now.

I hear the HD800 needs a really good amp so I think what he's trying to say is that you should probably prioritize upgrading the amp first if you're looking for sonic improvements, unless you want the cable because the stock one bothers you for whatever reason.

By the way, sorry for being MIA these past few weeks guys, I've been working on the review and will have it done this weekend!

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #3,313 of 10,312
Quote:

I will be sending down some cables that you could try at the meet and see for yourself. Unfortunately i will not be selling any cables at the meet, as i have a long waiting list.

If you get a chance, have a listen to the Poison with your cans, i feel it's a good match with the HD600/650.

As said already, only consider a cable upgrade, if you are happy with the rest of your set up. Then again, these are Toxic Cables so will make your headphones sound better then the worlds best Amp/DAC, straight out of your iPod, 
biggrin.gif
  who needs to waste money on an Amp or a DAC.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #3,314 of 10,312
Quote:
I hear the HD800 needs a really good amp so I think what he's trying to say is that you should probably prioritize upgrading the amp first if you're looking for sonic improvements, unless you want the cable because the stock one bothers you for whatever reason.

By the way, sorry for being MIA these past few weeks guys, I've been working on the review and will have it done this weekend!

Is the same true for the HD600?

'Apparently' the stock cable on the HD600 is pretty trash but now I'm not sure about upgrading.

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #3,315 of 10,312
Quote:

Most here buy these cables for their build quality and their good looks......not many comparisons of the different cables because of the high cost of each cable!  You would do best to put the money into a higher end DAC/Amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back