Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #2,778 of 10,312
Frank,

I've been away from this thread for awhile - just finished reading 186 posts.  

You're getting beat up pretty badly, but man, for my tastes, DarknightDK's HD800 custom cables are surely the best looking and, no doubt, superbly performing, headphone cables I think I've ever seen:

Seriously nice work, Frank!   And congratulations DarknightDK!  

Quote:
Frank...it seems that you could use an extra hand, or two based on the volume of business you're currently taking in. It's a good problem to have, believe me I know.

Best of luck and continued to success!!

In my opinion, MattTCG's advice is golden.   It would be next to impossible for you to hire someone who can make cables as well as you can, but relatively easy to hire someone to manage the e-mails and PMs.  That person could come to you for quotes and to get answers to questions about specifications, but handle all the rest - and maybe clean up the web site, too.

You're doing a fabulous job Frank - it's time to expand your business to meet the demand. 

I apologize if all of this seems obvious, but I felt compelled to second Matt's suggestion.  We want you to succeed Frank.  

Mike

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #2,779 of 10,312
I do actually already have couple of people helping me with orders, they mostly do the braiding and packing of orders and some other odd jobs. I do all the soldering and heatshrink myself, but have them do the sleeving. I believe i have mentioned this before. I also have another person, who occasionally helps with IEM and Piccolino cables.

Unfortunately, emails do take a lot of time to answer also, but i need to take care of these myself. Having someone else, who would not know much can complicate things even further, so i prefer to deal with all the emails myself.

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,780 of 10,312
Quote:
I do actually already have couple of people helping me with orders, they mostly do the braiding and packing of orders and some other odd jobs. I do all the soldering and heatshrink myself, but have them do the sleeving. I believe i have mentioned this before. I also have another person, who occasionally helps with IEM and Piccolino cables.

Unfortunately, emails do take a lot of time to answer also, but i need to take care of these myself. Having someone else, who would not know much can complicate things even further, so i prefer to deal with all the emails myself.

I agree totallywith u with ur last lines..but..ru serious? Someone else braiding ur cables? Isnt that a very difficult specific job also? 
When does ur next batch ship?
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #2,783 of 10,312
Just made a HD6XX to HD800 adapter for a customer. Thought i would share some pictures, as i have had a few other people ask about these.

Other one piece mini adapters available,

HD800 to Audez'e
HD800 to Hifiman
Hifiman to HD800
HD650 to Audez'e
CIEM to HD800/Audez'e/HD6XX/Hifiman

HD800 to Audez'e,

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,784 of 10,312
Quote:
A week sooner then what i said a week ago. 
biggrin.gif

Being a smarty pants huh? Oh well..at least it will be next batch..better then second batch..any thoughts which cables u will be having for the london meet? Ru going to be there personally? Or are u going to sent a representative?
biggrin.gif

By the way..te he500 thread is exploding at the moment with new posters who wanna buy one...dont u worry..i sometimes mention toxic cables..worst cables in town..mmmm when did i get my cables again?
very_evil_smiley.gif

seriously i do mention ur cables on threads because i belive in ur product!

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #2,785 of 10,312
Quote:
Just made a HD6XX to HD800 adapter for a customer. Thought i would share some pictures, as i have had a few other people ask about these.

HD800 to Audez'e
HD800 to Hifiman
Hifiman to HD800
HD650 to Audez'e

HD800 to Audez'e,

Now this, I LIKE!
It brings about so many possibilities :)

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #2,786 of 10,312
Yep, this is what i call thinking WITH ur customer..keeping costs for ur beloved customer low..i wish more companies would act the same.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2,787 of 10,312
Quote:

HD800 to Audez'e
HD800 to Hifiman
Hifiman to HD800
HD650 to Audez'e

What a brilliant idea.....Kudos Frank for being an inovator in this area.  This gives a value added rating to custom cables....and a very good way to A/B cables from headphone to headphone to IEM.  I had been looking into an adapter to fit in headphones to make them compatiable with HPSC cables.  Is that somthing that may be on the horizon of posibility?

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2,788 of 10,312
Quote:

What a brilliant idea.....Kudos Frank for being an inovator in this area.  This gives a value added rating to custom cables....and a very good way to A/B cables from headphone to headphone to IEM.  I had been looking into an adapter to fit in headphones to make them compatiable with HPSC cables.  Is that somthing that may be on the horizon of posibility?

Thank you.

So what you need are sockets for the HPSC connector, i currently only have a couple of sets left, but will have more in stock in 3-4 weeks if you need any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back