Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #10,261 of 10,312
No idea what the hell is going on in here and, quite honestly, I'm not interested in this kind of drama.

But I thought it was worth noting that this all kicked off as I'd just placed an order for some DIY parts and wire and was immediately concerned.
However, I needn't have been, as it arrived a week later, so from my own perspective, there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #10,262 of 10,312
Now, that's some serious collection you've got over there! I guess you also could have bought a new Lamborghini (or something else mighty expensive) instead if you weren't in this hobby. And that impressive cable tower... how many weeks did it take you to create that, without it collapsing? :smile:

Btw, I also see that you have both (Touch & 6K) new Lotoo daps. I have the Touch here on a loan now for a few weeks. Totally loving it (UI and sq / signature)!

Oh, and regarding cable sq in general. Imo it often comes down to synergy (which dap / IEM you use) in the end. For instance, my Zeus is 'married to' a PW 1960 2w and my Phantom to a 4w EA Horus. Perfect synergy for the both of them to my ears. The SW 22 awg is usually on my Solar.

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #10,263 of 10,312
I am quite shocked this matter got to such an extent. I am one of the buyers that did not get their cables in time but waited for Matt to restart manufacturing, and even contacted him for changes/tweaks concerning my updated cable needs which were followed promptly without adding extra cost even though they should.

How can anyone imply that the so called 150k were stolen, whilst he actually fulfilled every pending order there was? Which of course applies to bank transfer buyers only, as PayPal users just filed a case and got their refunds.

It actually is quite suspicious that me and others that were part of this forum were contacted by dhc and/or other people here about Frank's fake death and stuff. Ignoring the fact that they have or might have some connection to rival companies, they still do not seem to have any actual evidence of their claims and are so involved and sure about this issue nonetheless.

Too fishy for my taste, everything seems to have worked out eventually, so what is this hassle all about?

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #10,264 of 10,312
I bought 16ft of Viper cable from Matt a couple of months ago, then bought some more to make another cable. Because the cable was end of the reel, he gave me an extra 12ft free. The orders arrived quickly and without any fuss. He answered some questions for me without any delay and was always polite and considerate.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #10,266 of 10,312
i never heard scorpion..but did own the 8wire copper venom and the 8wire bw22..both excellent copper cables i swear upon if u want copper..i only since recently switched over to silver as i deeply hated how shallow and treble heavy and bass light almost all silver cables i tried out sounded like...i loved my copper venom and before the bw22...black widow...only when i tried a sw22 i believed silver would be good for me and my rig...as i once said in a review i did: the bw is unbeatable price performance wise..ANYONE who tried one will confirm that..if ur lookin for an excellent copper cable who doesnt sound to dark and is affordable ...bw22 is ur cable..i loved that cable on the modified darkvoice 337 tube amp and the modded he500 i once had... As i said..only the sw22 made me change to silver...copper venom is among the best copper cables u can ever buy in high end copper cable land..the bw22 is his little brother soundwise.
bw vs sw thoughts ?

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #10,267 of 10,312
So Is Toxic cables basically closed up now? I notice their website says they are not taking any new orders and existing orders could take 20 weeks (that's 5 months!).

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #10,268 of 10,312
So Is Toxic cables basically closed up now? I notice their website says they are not taking any new orders and existing orders could take 20 weeks (that's 5 months!).
I placed an order in July purchasing a power cord cable. The company owner replied to my email for inquiring the price of a customized length. I think they are still running their business. But previous discussions seem to make me a bit worried. However, once I receive the cable, I will post my update here. Currently, a new order takes about 12-16 weeks to process.

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #10,269 of 10,312
I placed an order for a Black Widow for my HE-6s in January of this year. After a few emails asking for an update I finally received a "Your order is complete" email a couple months ago. Since then, I have received nothing. This used to be a great company. R.I.P. I will need the community's recommendation on a new cable provider.

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #10,270 of 10,312
I placed an order for a Black Widow for my HE-6s in January of this year. After a few emails asking for an update I finally received a "Your order is complete" email a couple months ago. Since then, I have received nothing. This used to be a great company. R.I.P. I will need the community's recommendation on a new cable provider.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be staying away from this company.

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #10,271 of 10,312
I’ve been really happy with the quality, sound and prices of norne audio. But they can take a while to come out and tiu may need to follow up from time to time - my experience (and others). IMHO if you can wait they are great

but have also recently ordered some silver cables from arctic cables for the first time. They are on the way There is a thread here for them too.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #10,272 of 10,312
Toxic Cables did just reach out to me with a photo of a shipping receipt that identifies the first line of my address. I do not have what I have purchased, and that is why I am upset. I have no interest in harming any manufacturer. My Toxic Sennheiser HD800 cable still remains the best cable I have purchased to this day. Since entering into this hobby, I have gotten what I have paid for, and so this is new territory for me. If I am wrong in any way, I promise to this community that I will redress this entire situation. So far, there is no definitive proof of wrongdoing and only speculation.

Aug 29, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #10,273 of 10,312
Toxic Cables did just reach out to me with a photo of a shipping receipt that identifies the first line of my address. I do not have what I have purchased, and that is why I am upset. I have no interest in harming any manufacturer. My Toxic Sennheiser HD800 cable still remains the best cable I have purchased to this day. Since entering into this hobby, I have gotten what I have paid for, and so this is new territory for me. If I am wrong in any way, I promise to this community that I will redress this entire situation. So far, there is no definitive proof of wrongdoing and only speculation.
As the item shows delivered in June, Royal Mail will will not do anything having spoke to them yesterday as it shows it was delivered to the address it was sent to.

Please contact USPS (email) and see what they have to say and you can email me their response.

We don’t sell much if any of the old HE connector cables, so I don’t have any in stock. I do have an SW24 V1 made up that you can have.

I have no intention of questioning you saying you didn’t receive it and can offer the above as a goodwill gesture.

Please email me your address and phone and il get this out via FedEx next day.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #10,274 of 10,312
I ordered a Silver Widow 24 V2 OCC Silver Headphone Cable June 29th. It arrived today. Throughout this time Matt was very courteous and helpful to my queries. And here it is.

6973C5E3-76DA-4D33-A20C-396449CB570D.jpeg

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #10,275 of 10,312
I bought a Toxic Viper ~6ft 3.5mm to 6.35mm cable from ebay and have converted it to an IEM cable. I bought parts from Matt and he has been amazing - always quick to respond to questions and providing replacement parts when I accidentally butchered it on my first attempt (I hadn't soldered anything in a very very long time).

I'd prevoiously been using a stock OFC cable with my IEMS and changing to the Viper (SPC) has dramatically changed the sound - I'm really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more stuff from Toxic cables later down the line.

I cannot recommend Matt's service highly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back