Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 6, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #10,292 of 10,312
Has anybody tried any of the Toxic cables with the Sennheiser HD800S?

And if so, which Toxic cable do you think is the best match for the HD800S ?
So they apparently accept new orders again.
I have crossed toxic from my list since they have been overbooked for over a year now.

On the Frontpage it states

Wait time on cable orders already placed and new will be roughly 14 weeks.

I'm confident that they are good in quality though

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #10,294 of 10,312
It's been a long time coming: I've finally replaced my old (2011-2013, can't remember) original single-wire venom cable. I bought the original cable second-hand and one of the wires snapped -- it was known for being fragile and I had moved around a lot thru the years.

I placed an order with Matt around March 6 and the cable arrived last week!

Man, it's beautiful. I listen to a lot of rock music and the forward mids and detail makes my music shine. Great for pop, too.

Specs:
  • Silver Widow 22 V2 OCC Silver Headphone Cable
  • Toxic mini XLR (Black) for LCD-3
  • 8 feet
  • Black Soft Nylon Sleeve & Shielding
  • AECO balanced connector

Attachments

• AE4844F7-0975-47D7-9A25-9EA9F0EB7F9A.jpeg
    AE4844F7-0975-47D7-9A25-9EA9F0EB7F9A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 4M5A1330.jpg
    4M5A1330.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 1, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #10,295 of 10,312
Quick review of TC Black Widow 22 V2 OCC Copper on Grado PS1000e (that have been modded to take a detachable cable).

The best description is that the sound is more open and very 'clean', also adding some pace and definition over the stock cable but never brittle, technical or bright. Soundstage is improved. In essence it is a very complimentary pairing with these headphones; to my ears emphasising precisely the special character that made me buy the Grado's. Switching back to the stock cable drops a veil over things and loses a level of engagement. These changes are especially noticeable at lower volumes where the TC helps the sound come alive at surprisingly low levels.

Add to that quality construction, a nice flexible and non-microphonic cable to use and sensible pricing (that shames some HiFi companies selling cabes) and I am very impressed. Worth the wait.

Bruce

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #10,296 of 10,312
Hey All,

(I have heard many cables…all ok, average, dull, bright- you name it.)

—But these Toxic Cables Silver Widow with the extra 1/4’’ custom for my headphone conditioner are superb.

I emailed Matt, and explained how my Susvr’s were not impressing me, and tried several cables, he immediately responded, and a warm and friendly discussion began between us!

I finally decided to get a custom 1/4’ end to end from my Quiescientnheadphone conditioner, and another for the Susvaras …😬
Matt is a dedicated Master, and knows his trade and audio, s well s how to exactly match cbles! ..and modestly thanks his many listeners as which ones they prefer, so he has a good data base.

once my Silver Widows arrived I was impressed!

—have been warming in/ on playing Roon music for ~ 8hours or so…warming in…..(and as I mentioned before listening tonight; personally I thought the Susvaras were overrated …

But with these Toxic Silver Widow cables …..they are over the top and beyond my wildest dreams.

Every nuance….and detail…all in a natural pure soundscape.

I will never listen to my Susvara's without these Silver Widows! And I am sure they will be better over the next few days as well!

Just had to send you this…because I am smiling from ear to ear! 😊

5 Stars and beyond! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pink Faun 2.16x Ultra Music palyer
dsc Rossini DAC
jeff Rowland Capri2 preamp
Keces S300 Amp
w/custom Arhat light speed jumpers are special work from Joe Cohen for PHPAUDIO
Zynsonics adapter box
and alternate:
Ferrum OOR/HYPSOS amp
hifiman Susvara/s and he1000se
All Toxic Cables!

Attachments

• 3C4359F5-59CB-4118-910C-CE8A49814F3E.jpeg
    3C4359F5-59CB-4118-910C-CE8A49814F3E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #10,297 of 10,312
Hey All,

(I have heard many cables…all ok, average, dull, bright- you name it.)

—But these Toxic Silver Widow with the extra 1/4’’ custom for my headphone conditioner are superb.

I emailed Matt, and explained how my Susvr’s were not impressing me, and tried several cables, he immediately responded nd a warm and friendly discussion began between us!

I finally decided to get a custom 1/4’ end to end from my Quiescientnheadphone conditioner, and another for the Susvaras …😬
Matt is a dedicated Master, and knows his trade and audio, s well s how to exactly match cbles! ..and modestly thanks his many listeners as which ones they prefer, so he has a good data base.

once my Silver Widows arrived I was impressed!

—have been warming in/ on playing Roon music for ~ 8hours or so…warming in…..(and as I mentioned before listening tonight; personally I thought the Susvaras were overrated …

But with these Toxic Silver Widow cables …..they are over the top and beyond my wildest dreams.

Every nuance….and detail…all in a natural pure soundscape.

I will never listen to my Susvara's without these Silver Widows! And I am sure they will be better over the next few days as well!

Just had to send you this…because I am smiling from ear to ear! 😊
Is toxic back in business?

Not too long ago, there were lead times of 16 weeks and more advertised on the website.

Jul 27, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #10,298 of 10,312
Is toxic back in business?

Not too long ago, there were lead times of 16 weeks and more advertised on the website.
Yes! back up and running 100%!

(Matt had a rough patch taking care of his infant daughter.)

But now, he is back in full force with masterpiece work, as I just received my order last week and every detail is superb.

I am taking care of my elderly Mum, and I can’t imaging running a business as well, when a family member needs you….Matt is one tough guy!

Again, I think these Silver Widows for the HiFiMan series are just the very best.

kindly,

Betsy

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #10,299 of 10,312
My Silver Widow 22 has just arrived today. It’s such a beautiful cable with great workmanship.

First impression, it adds warmth, improves bass punch as well as lifts veils compared to prev cable.

Thanks Matt @Toxic Cables !

Attachments

• 5900D53F-31B7-4E31-B976-D07C2F2031AF.jpeg
    5900D53F-31B7-4E31-B976-D07C2F2031AF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #10,300 of 10,312
Is the black widow 22awg v3 a good cable for harman neutral tuned multi ba iems, namely, the moondrop s8? I was worried that the mid bass/lower vocals would be even recessed, or in contrast, being too warm and congested. Please tell me I’m just hallucinating.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #10,302 of 10,312
Not many people have BW22 V3, as it just launched.

BW V3 is type 6 Litz structure and UPOCC copper, it will not be too warm, instead to be similar to Silver cable sound signature , slightly brighter and good treble extension.

FYI
Thanks for replying, but did you mean the bw22v3 is bright(?) like is it brighter than sw22 or any other silver cables? or under what conditions should I consider the bw22? I prefer vocal oriented cables with a big stage and pinpoint imaging. Thanks.

Dec 22, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #10,304 of 10,312
BW22V3
Sound impressions

Memories - Conan Gray

Center image is very precise and clear, where Conan’s voice is natural and slightly leaning too bright. I feel like the soundstage is ‘round’, which is uncommon for the moondrop S8 I’m using. It’s never a bad thing tho, I tend to enjoy the soundstage this way. soundstage depth is very good if you love air more than intimacy. The crashes and sibilant tones is slightly smoothened but keeps the brilliance of treble in the s8.

Favorite Crime - Olivia Rodrigo

Stunning guitar detail, I could hear the sliding of the finger on the strings and plucking is crystal clear. Olivia’s voice is mellow, never too bright. No sibilance is detected. The recording originally is meant to be intimate but I still feel a decent amount of depth, maybe 3-4 rows apart

Hotel California - Eagles

Very distinct centre image, crashes of the drumset on right side is crisp and very quick. One minor issue I felt is that I don’t feel the presence of the vocals. I think it’s too far away in this song. I don’t get involved or touched by the vocals. The guitar harmonics are extended, but not intrusive, tho I seek for slightly more brilliance as it somehow sounds ‘warm’ or ‘purposely dimmed’ still that I find with most of the gear I tried. Maybe it’s how the sound signature works to avoid sibilance or sharpness. I don’t know.

時光倒流一句話 - Terrence Lam

Piano intro made me get goosebumps. Very detailed vocals. No sibilance is found. The vocals never felt congested, which is apparent with other warmer gear. The whole song is very mellow and inoffensive.

Eruption (2015)- Van Halen

Center image is brilliant. Slightly on the thin sounding side but very engaging. Every note and pluck is clear and separate. The drums sound punchy and well-extended for the crashes.

Heaven Takes You Home - SHM

The high hats are crisp, not sibilant. There’s not too much punch, which is not common for a copper cable to sound this way. I wanted slightly more bass or punch to be honest.

Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No.1 3rd mov’t (Daniil Trifonov)

The conversation strings and winds and the piano just blends in perfectly. The scales from the piano solo is just like tickling your ears, very satisfying.

Conclusion:

If you want extra detail, improved soundstage with a special spatial surroundness experience, inoffensive treble with certain amount of boost, and doesn’t mind a lack of punch in the bass, this is perfect. Stunning cable overall.

Dec 30, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #10,305 of 10,312
Hi everyone,
I had been reading on this thread for awhile and is looking to try a Toxic cable after hearing so much good thing.

Looking for cable with a slight warm signature, for either Focal Utopia or Hifiman Ananda or 64 Audio U12t and looking at Mamba, Hydra and Virus at the moment, Silver Widow will be really stretching the budget. Any good one to start? (Or anyone willing to sell me theirs?)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back