Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #10,111 of 10,312
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1402513339889754&id=171820399625727

From Toxic Cables facebook

Hi All

Sorry I've been off the radar most of the year but unfortunately to be honest this will be the case till I'm now back early September 100% as I had some personal issues which are now mostly sorted and I have booking made now to be back September and guarantee orders to start shipping again end of September.

There's not much else I can say other then this. I've not been online till now so not sure what's been said and won't be again so won't be checking.

Apologies and thank you for your patience

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #10,112 of 10,312
I’m sure people are beyond lost all hope, and if the unfulfilled orders are somehow completed the business is dead afterwards...

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #10,114 of 10,312
The only thing anyone who paid should be doing is collectively going to the UK police.

Jul 26, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #10,115 of 10,312
I am deeply saddened after reading this news coming back to head-fi. I was one of Frank's biggest customers because I absolutely believed in his products and have always been spoiled rotten with all the fine cables he's personally made for me. The news devastated me because him and I have shared many things on a personal level and have become friends over the years...it took me days before I can even write about this. I'm having a hard drink now not only wishing Frank's surviving family members my best...but also toasting to the loss of a friend and a great guy with a real vision in this industry. Max...I don't know how to contact you but if you read this, feel free to reach out and I look forward to you possibly continuing Frank's legacy. Live your life head-fi guys...enjoy every moment with the ones you love along with great music.

Late to this news so I doubt I'll receive a reply but....
If you knew him that well and had a personal history with him:
1. Did anyone actually find out what happened to Frank?
2. Is there an obituary available (as has been the case with any death of someone I knew well and for whom I wanted a memorial record)?
3. Did you (or anyone) have Frank's personal info, as most do when they have an ongoing "personal relationship".
4. Were all your orders fulfilled (sensui123) and when was your last?
3. Do/did you know Max too?

I'm simply asking a few questions as I have a Toxic cable that needed repair. My email to info.toxic.cables@gmail.com bounced back a couple of times yesterday and I followed the trail back to head-fi and found this news.

So,I just found out about the confusion and seeming fraudulent nature of the company shut down (and Franks apparent death) today.

I haven't been on head-fi much lately. IMO the fun kind of left the hobby when it started feeling like headphones became a status symbol competition; with companies trying to out-do each other re how much they could charge and have people keep hearing actual improvements.

By now, for what's often charged, it seems that a couple of these companies should be sending the band itself in person (perhaps in a custom leather form-fitted pouch for each musician and his instrument)?

Anyway, the wait for a piece of "Toxic Jewelry" always seemed insane. But I was curious about all the fuss, so bought a Silver Poison cable second hand at about 1/3 the cost. I liked it fine for the $ I paid (but I wouldn't have paid more). And as it's several years now, it's no big deal with the need for a repair.
But....at least when you pay the big bucks for a cable to a company like Cardas, you actually receive the product and a lifetime warranty. Even if they do charge wayyy too much, at least you have a cable for life.

It sounds like quite a few members were badly burnt, so I'm honestly sorry to hear that people were ripped off.
But I suppose if someone has >$500 to spend on an aftermarket headphone cable, they likely have real necessities already covered...(or I hope so). So I suppose there are far worse tragedies.

Although, the breach of trust is pretty hard to swallow; and a real shame on what used to be a very friendly forum....I really do miss the old days on this site; back when normal people could afford what was on offer at "the high end"....still love my balanced HD650s :wink:

I do sincerely wish good luck to anyone seeking legal recourse over this mess, as it sounds like luck is what will be needed.

BTW....sorry for the rambling post. I just noticed how it's all over the place. I'll probably edit it down later or the mods can always remove it if I've crossed some PC line (it's sometimes hard to know what's okay and/or "appropriate" these day).

Maybe I should have just said....

What a weird ending to this Toxic company''s story!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #10,116 of 10,312
I am deeply saddened after reading this news coming back to head-fi. I was one of Frank's biggest customers because I absolutely believed in his products and have always been spoiled rotten with all the fine cables he's personally made for me. The news devastated me because him and I have shared many things on a personal level and have become friends over the years...it took me days before I can even write about this. I'm having a hard drink now not only wishing Frank's surviving family members my best...but also toasting to the loss of a friend and a great guy with a real vision in this industry. Max...I don't know how to contact you but if you read this, feel free to reach out and I look forward to you possibly continuing Frank's legacy. Live your life head-fi guys...enjoy every moment with the ones you love along with great music.
I feel with you..just like you i had a special bond with Frank and like you also swore on the custom cables he made me over the years..hearing about his death shocked me..i didnt even sent condealnces...and as you..i was always in direct contact with him..and he was always talking about his rare snakes he bought from all over the world...hope all is well with his wife and kids...it makes me sick some people now even mentioning that he isnt death or worse that he is a fraude...unbelievable! Never spoke to max..so dont know him..hope he is as good as Frank and as honest as Frank was to me over the years...big loss! For now i am in a huge black hole concerning headphone cables as Frank created unbelievable good sounding cables for unbelievable good prices..now he is gone and dont know where to go now...

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #10,117 of 10,312
Go to cosmic-cables.co.uk, they seem to have good stock and good intentions, the Jupiter cable that I bought with Furutech connectors is outstanding and was with me
in a week. It's a sad loss for everyone but the World keeps spinning and we all need another option, my experience was good so I can only recommend them.

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #10,118 of 10,312
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #10,119 of 10,312
And replies from Frank's Facebook account. Really?

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #10,121 of 10,312
Matt has been quick/responsive through email and quoted a 2-3 week time to set up the new workshop, before beginning to process outstanding orders in the order received.

In my case he estimated 2-3 weeks for workshop setup + (estimated) 2 weeks for my particular order.

I will provide an update in a month or two.

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #10,123 of 10,312
Go to cosmic-cables.co.uk, they seem to have good stock and good intentions, the Jupiter cable that I bought with Furutech connectors is outstanding and was with me
in a week. It's a sad loss for everyone but the World keeps spinning and we all need another option, my experience was good so I can only recommend them.

I got in touch with Cosmic Cables to ask if they service IEM customers as I didn't see anything on their site, and they replied (swiftly) as follows:

"Hello Nick, thank you for your enquiry, at the moment we are waiting for stock of the 2 pin 78mm and mmcx connectors from the USA, we are hoping for their arrival at the end of the week and then it will probably be another week before they are on the website, all of the CIEM cables will be made with 6N 22 awg litz, each strand will be between 1.3mm and 1.5mm, they will be slimmer versions of the cables in our Planet collection, I will keep you updated as to when they go on sale. Best wishes Ian"

and later:

"Apparently the Eidolic 0.78mm 2 pin should be here with us in about 10 days. Best wishes Ian"

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #10,124 of 10,312
20191030_095812.jpg
Dear All,

Just to let you know that I recieved my pending order today.

Order was placed in December 2017.

Anyway, hope all pending orders are fulfilled.

All the best.

MM

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #10,125 of 10,312
Dear All,

Just to let you know that I recieved my pending order today.

Order was placed in December 2017.

Anyway, hope all pending orders are fulfilled.

All the best.

MM

Congrats! My original order was also placed around the same time as yours. The difference is I knew mine was completed around April 2018 but then I told them to hold off shipping the order because I decided to add another cable to my order.

Then the series of unfortunate events unfolded of course... Best wishes to Matt rebooting Toxic Cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back