Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 15, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #10,096 of 10,312
I have put up a post in an asian forum as i believe some may not know how to proceed with this "funny" stories.
Please kindly inform any of your friend whom might pay, either adding up the post up there with detail or PM me.
#toxiccablescam
#matabbirali

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #10,097 of 10,312
and there are cables for maintenance un-returned too

May 20, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #10,099 of 10,312
Does anyone locate in Uk?
I did have the Toxic warehouse address, maybe can get some clue from there, as Max did mention all the raw
material stock in there, think could also find Frank's family to understand more detail, including the contact information of Max.

May 23, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #10,100 of 10,312
I tried emailing but it was not successfully sent. Trying to inquire about some custom cable...
Unfortunately Frank, the owner of Toxic Cables, died in June 2018. Toxic Cables are not currently trading although the eBay page is still up, in addition questions have been raised in relation to payments made to Frank's assistant, Max, who originally stated that he would be dealing with outstanding orders when he returned in April 2019. Unless or until the situation is sorted out I would suggest that you have no dealings with Toxic Cables. This is all a shame as I was following this thread and about to order my first Toxic Cable last summer.

May 24, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #10,101 of 10,312
if he really is,..................
If not, he is cursed by people saying rip

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #10,104 of 10,312
other than these 2 suggestion, what can we do beside to log at actionfraud? please kindly advise!

May 24, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #10,105 of 10,312
I'm guessing that Frank had no succession plan in place (his own sudden tragic death being premature and entirely unexpected) so that when he died the guy who worked for him did not automatically inherit the business, the stock and the cash from the outstanding orders. There may have been creditors who supplied raw materials wanting paid. Speak to your bank to see if there's any way of getting your money back. If you're in the UK, I would contact Citizens Advice in the first instance and maybe do a Companies House search to find out what the state of play is regarding Toxic Cables. The lack of any communication from the fella who worked with Frank or any family members (if there are any) is really poor and has tarnished the brand that Frank built up with his own sweat and tears. If the company's been wound-up then lawyers or liquidators should have been involved and creditors contacted. The whole affair makes me really sad.

May 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #10,106 of 10,312
Unfortunately, speaking with my bank at least (Wells Fargo), they are unwilling to reverse any payment or take any action since the payment was approved by me.
The fact that delivery of the purchased product was not expected for 6-18 months and was never received makes no difference to them.

The only case they mentioned that they may be able to do something would be in the event the purchase/payment was not approved by the account holder.

Speaking to my bank and PayPal both, the only recourse they have offered is to report it to my government (USA), but that is a long, complex, painful process with no real assurance it would even result in getting my money back.

Anyone who paid via bank transfer or debit and waited > 6 months (which is/was normal for these cables) is thoroughly screwed with little to no recourse :frowning2:

May 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #10,107 of 10,312
and nobody's managed to get any answers from this 'Max' chap?

May 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #10,109 of 10,312
His name, as far as I know, is Mattabir Ali. https://www.facebook.com/matabbir

He was banned from here under the name "Parrots" for various reasons.

I'm not going into the why or how (and don't PM me, I cannot help you) but you should really go to the police now. The people I spoke who still hadn't received cables paid him, not Frank.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back