Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #7,157 of 10,312
Is it wrong that I now have a picture of a bunny with large cans and a arnold schwarzenegger neck blissed out on tunes in my head?     Still lurking 
popcorn.gif
beyersmile.png

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #7,158 of 10,312
Is it wrong that I now have a picture of a bunny with large cans and a arnold schwarzenegger neck blissed out on tunes in my head?     Still lurking :popcorn: :beyersmile:

On this thread u will find out nothing is weird enough for us...

By the way..do u know the status of the repair of my beyer mmx300 i sent to u guys? It has a broken connector..and i only trust frank with my beloved beyer so i sent it to u guys for repair. :wink:

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #7,160 of 10,312
Is it wrong that I now have a picture of a bunny with large cans and a arnold schwarzenegger neck blissed out on tunes in my head?     Still lurking :popcorn: :beyersmile:

Hmmmmmm....Must be Audeze cans.......:D

Aug 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #7,161 of 10,312
Aug 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #7,162 of 10,312
Aug 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #7,163 of 10,312
Aug 21, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #7,164 of 10,312
Aug 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #7,166 of 10,312
Hello All!!!

Several Ears that I Trust, have sold me on Toxic Cables, just traded an opening email with Max, thank you Sir. I didn't read the entire Thread, so my apologies upfront if this has been covered in great detail.

First, I a looking for the best fit with my HE560's, but perhaps one for which I can use an adapter at a later date for my Alpha Dogs. Though priority one is the best cable for the 560's. Is the silver clad copper to "hot"? I would love to hear/read about others experience with various Toxic Cables and the 560's. Thank you in advance for your advice, cheers :beers:!

Aug 29, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #7,167 of 10,312
Hello All!!!

Several Ears that I Trust, have sold me on Toxic Cables, just traded an opening email with Max, thank you Sir. I didn't read the entire Thread, so my apologies upfront if this has been covered in great detail.

First, I a looking for the best fit with my HE560's, but perhaps one for which I can use an adapter at a later date for my Alpha Dogs. Though priority one is the best cable for the 560's. Is the silver clad copper to "hot"? I would love to hear/read about others experience with various Toxic Cables and the 560's. Thank you in advance for your advice, cheers :beers:!

Wilcatsare1,

Don't be disappointed. It's just me. But I will check it out for you.

I am on a trip and will be back home on Saturday. I have little adaptors that allows me to switch cables between different cans.

I will try silver-clad copper and silver wires on the HE-560 and let you know.

What amp will you be using with the HE-560?

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #7,168 of 10,312
Wilcatsare1,

Don't be disappointed. It's just me. But I will check it out for you.

I am on a trip and will be back home on Saturday. I have little adaptors that allows me to switch cables between different cans.

I will try silver-clad copper and silver wires on the HE-560 and let you know.

What amp will you be using with the HE-560?

Thank you!!! I am using the Lyr 2, with Silver Shields, and an Über Bifröst.

Cheers,

Kevin

Aug 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #7,169 of 10,312
Hello All!!!

Wildcatsare1,

These are only my initial impressions as I have had only two days to listen to these cables:

You are quite safe with the HE-560.  Unlike the HE-500 and the HE-6, the HE-560 does not seem to be too fussy when it comes to cables.

I covered the full range of the spectrum, from the Copper Venom (OCC Copper) to the Silver Poison (OCC Silver) and Silver Widow (OCC litz silver) and there are much smaller differences between these wires on the HE-560 than on the HE-6.

The main differences are:  the OCC copper is a little warmer with more depth and bigger (slightly ripe) bass impact; the OCC silver is slightly lighter with more details, with wider sound-stage and tighter bass with slightly less impact. The Voicing of the HE-560 does not change much.  No problems with sibilance in all cases.  One issue:  I was not able to completely remove a slight hardness or stridency (especially in the top range of female voice) with all cables, though I have tried only three amps so far (Vioelectric V181, Bakoon HPA-21 and HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 with Oppo 105 SACD/DAC) none of them tubes. I think this is the family sound-issue that the HE-560 share with the HR-500 and HE-6.  But it is a small issue that will not bother most people--I just happen to be super sensitive to that frequency range (overtones for female voices and violins)

For this quick listening session, I would say that you are quite safe to try most of Frank's cables from OCC copper to silver-clad copper to OCC standed silver and OCC litz silver.  And the sound would be between the Copper Venom (warmer with more depth, slight bass bloom with more impact) on one end and the Silver Widow (more details, with wider SS and tigther bass with reduced impact) on the other. Now, these differences are small in the case of the HE-560 so I think, once again, your are quite safe no matter what you decide.

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #7,170 of 10,312
Justin_Time, thank you for your review and analysis!!! Sounds like the Black Widow is the way to go, at least for me, considering my taste.

Now, about comparing the HE560 to the HE6, lol....wrong thread, but I would love to read that review!!! :musical_score::violin::trumpet::saxophone::guitar:, cheers :beers:, and thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back