Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 23, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #6,934 of 10,312
Hi Guys,

Do you think the Black Widow cable will be a food match with the Hifiman HE-560?
yup..but get the 8 wire version..and if possible balanced. That will be yummy... :p

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #6,935 of 10,312
yup..but get the 8 wire version..and if possible balanced. That will be yummy...
tongue.gif

hifimanrookie and his 8 wire BW lol. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #6,941 of 10,312
I will be getting the balanced version for use with the Pulse fxi when it arrives. Just a question. Is the 22AWG better than the 24AWG?

I have owned the 4wire and now have the 8wire version of the 22awg BW..and the 8wire sounds more powerful, fuller, blacker and the soundstage is bigger...for the rest it is very hard to hear differences..

My personal opinion. I always would go for the biggest AWG possible if from the same brand and cable model...the bigger the AWG (until a certain point ofcourse) the better the 'flow' .

thats why his most expensive cables, the Venoms, are 18awg... Never heard the 24AWG though..its less expensive.... But to the sound it wont make a Huge difference if u choose the 24AWG version over the 22AWG..sound will be comparable..u wont regret it if u go either way..but the most sold version is the 22AWG version as far i understand.

And u say u go balanced? Is that dual 3pin XLR or one 4pin XLR? As if u go for the dual 3pin XLR u could go the way i went..a dual mono configuration..it will cost ya a bit..but sound improves considerably, as both cables transfer the two signals without any interference of each other channels.

Have fun choosing!

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6,942 of 10,312
I have owned the 4wire and now have the 8wire version of the 22awg BW..and the 8wire sounds more powerful, fuller, blacker and the soundstage is bigger...for the rest it is very hard to hear differences..

My personal opinion. I always would go for the biggest AWG possible if from the same brand and cable model...the bigger the AWG (until a certain point ofcourse) the better the 'flow' .

thats why his most expensive cables, the Venoms, are 18awg... Never heard the 24AWG though..its less expensive.... But to the sound it wont make a Huge difference if u choose the 24AWG version over the 22AWG..sound will be comparable..u wont regret it if u go either way..but the most sold version is the 22AWG version as far i understand.

And u say u go balanced? Is that dual 3pin XLR or one 4pin XLR? As if u go for the dual 3pin XLR u could go the way i went..a dual mono configuration..it will cost ya a bit..but sound improves considerably, as both cables transfer the two signals without any interference of each other channels.

Have fun choosing!

Cool. 22AWG it is next month. I am going for the 4pin XLR, as that's the only Pulse fxi's only balanced headphone output option.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6,944 of 10,312
SW, BW and Virus IEM cables available to order with OM cables at no extra cost, even though they cost 20 times as much for the OM connectors.

BW also available for Fitear with OM.

Gold Poison also with OM for 2 pin IEM.

Very limited stock and Fitear SW OM already sold out.

New, non Toxic off the shelf 24AWG 40 strand Silver Litz with 2 pin OM available. This is an off the shelf wire available to any manufacturer, so was not designed by me and available elsewhere, some have it as a flagship.

Limited stock and only £160 till Monday. What the heck, i will even throw in free shipping.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #6,945 of 10,312
SW, BW and Virus IEM cables available to order with OM cables at no extra cost, even though they cost 20 times as much for the OM connectors.

BW also available for Fitear with OM.

Gold Poison also with OM for 2 pin IEM.

Very limited stock and Fitear SW OM already sold out.

New, non Toxic off the shelf 24AWG 40 strand Silver Litz with 2 pin OM available. This is an off the shelf wire available to any manufacturer, so was not designed by me and available elsewhere, some have it as a flagship.

Limited stock and only £160 till Monday. What the heck, i will even throw in free shipping.

Noted with thanks, Frank! I have a couple of chaps who are interested and I'll pass the message on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back