Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #932 of 10,312
Quote:
Frank,

Do you know how the Silver Poison compared Piccolino Headphone Cable? Price difference?

Thanks,

There will be some comparison reviews posted soon, for both cables. For prices it's best to email me with details of what you want.

6ft Piccolino headphones cables, start at £365, while the SP starts at £140.

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #933 of 10,312
I'm still unsure which cable, the Silver Poison or the Black Widow, will be a better match with my HD800. While I would like the cable to be as transparent, resolving and revealing of the source as possible, I'm not sure if the silver poison would increase the sibilance of the HD800.

Would appreciate some advice as to how the Silver Poison pairs with the HD800, especially if it will make the HD800 sound overly bright as I've read some conflicting views in the thread.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #934 of 10,312
Quote:
I'm still unsure which cable, the Silver Poison or the Black Widow, will be a better match with my HD800. While I would like the cable to be as transparent, resolving and revealing of the source as possible, I'm not sure if the silver poison would increase the sibilance of the HD800.
Would appreciate some advice as to how the Silver Poison pairs with the HD800, especially if it will make the HD800 sound overly bright as I've read some conflicting views in the thread.

The SP will not increase the sibilance of the HD800, i do not find it to anyway, but i would say anything to get a sale. 
biggrin.gif
 jj

Hopefully someone with the SP and the HD800, can give us their own opinion.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #935 of 10,312
Received a few samples of the new Y splitters today, and they are perfect.

I will now confirm the order and also have the correct sized screws made for them, to hold the two pieces together.

I have decided to have them chrome plated, i think that will look nice, i should have pictures of a plated sample soon.

Pictures taken with a penny next to it, to give you an idea of the size, i am thinking of getting an even smaller version made also.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #936 of 10,312
Quote:
Received a few samples of the new Y splitters today, and they are perfect.

I will now confirm the order and also have the correct sized screws made for them, to hold the two pieces together.

I have decided to have them chrome plated, i think that will look nice, i should have pictures of a plated sample soon.

Pictures taken with a penny next to it, to give you an idea of the size, i am thinking of getting an even smaller version made also.

Damn, they are perfect! Those look great Frank.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #938 of 10,312
There will be some comparison reviews posted soon, for both cables. For prices it's best to email me with details of what you want.

6ft Piccolino headphones cables, start at £365, while the SP starts at £140.

I think i will wait a bit to buy the venom..as Those piccolino cables sound a very good choice..so i am going to try them first...are these standard with the beautiful silvercolored oyaide connector as u used to offer with this cable? And does this price also comply to the version for he500? If i order 26th november..how long will it take to finish product? Yeah i know..so many questions..but u frank are to be blamed for this :D as ur cables sound so attractive..funny..first i wanted to go for the standard silver/gold cable..but now i want better..hope u wont talk a lot about even better cables u can offer.. :p because then. Have to sell my car to buy it..:D. So pls pls pls..no better cables ok? :wink:

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #939 of 10,312
My silver poison ciem cable finally arrived!
The cable feels really nice, very soft and flexible. It's also an eye candy.
I am pairing it with the earsonics em4 and the result is beyond my expectations.
To me, the tonal balance of em4 with the stock cable is exceptionally good, one of the very best I have ever heard, it was warm, creamy and  musical yet bright, dynamic and detailed at the same time, it's magical when playing jazz tracks.

Although the pairing with stock cable was good, I still hoped for a better performance on the extensions of both ends and more details. That's why I bought the silver poison.
With the silver poison, the tonal balance of the em4 haven't changed much except for a small decrease in the mid bass. With my previous experiences with silver cables, I was expecting a sharper treble, a leaner tone and decreased bass, however to my joy, these things did not happen on the silver poison, I guess that flick of gold did the magic here. The silver poison improved the articulation, the extensions and the soundstage on my em4 by quite a large margin.

I have to note that I have previously owned the silver ray cable and that cable was disastrous pairing with the em4. The tone was too lean and shrill, while the bass lacks extension and punch. Although details are improved on the silver ray, I still prefer the stock over it, need not say how the silver poison crushes it completely.

If you want the pros of a silver cable but doesn't want the tonal qualities of it, look no further than the silver poison.

Sorry if my English is hard to understand, it's not my mother tongue.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #940 of 10,312
Quote:
I am pairing it with the earsonics em4 and the result is beyond my expectations.
To me, the tonal balance of em4 with the stock cable is exceptionally good, one of the very best I have ever heard, it was warm, creamy and  musical yet bright, dynamic and detailed at the same time, it's magical when playing jazz tracks.
Although the pairing with stock cable was good, I still hoped for a better performance on the extensions of both ends and more details. That's why I bought the silver poison.
With the silver poison, the tonal balance of the em4 haven't changed much except for a small decrease in the mid bass. With my previous experiences with silver cables, I was expecting a sharper treble, a leaner tone and decreased bass, however to my joy, these things did not happen on the silver poison, I guess that flick of gold did the magic here. The silver poison improved the articulation, the extensions and the soundstage on my em4 by quite a large margin.
I have to note that I have previously owned the silver ray cable and that cable was disastrous pairing with the em4. The tone was too lean and shrill, while the bass lacks extension and punch. Although details are improved on the silver ray, I still prefer the stock over it, need not say how the silver poison crushes it completely.
If you want the pros of a silver cable but doesn't want the tonal qualities of it, look no further than the silver poison.

Nice impressions. Your English is superb,

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #942 of 10,312
Hey Frank, how long do you recon its going to be till we see an aluminium Y splitter from another cable manufacturer? You know its on the books! Just look at how the silver / gold has taken off...

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #943 of 10,312
Quote:
I think i will wait a bit to buy the venom..as Those piccolino cables sound a very good choice..so i am going to try them first...are these standard with the beautiful silvercolored oyaide connector as u used to offer with this cable? And does this price also comply to the version for he500? If i order 26th november..how long will it take to finish product? Yeah i know..so many questions..but u frank are to be blamed for this
biggrin.gif
as ur cables sound so attractive..funny..first i wanted to go for the standard silver/gold cable..but now i want better..hope u wont talk a lot about even better cables u can offer..
tongue.gif
because then. Have to sell my car to buy it..
biggrin.gif
. So pls pls pls..no better cables ok?
wink.gif

It is better to ask me for a wait time, nearer the time, it will depend on how many orders i receive from now till then, but don't expect to get it in a week or two.
Yes, that price applied to the HE Headphones also, only the HD800's are slightly more expensive.

Quote:
Nice impressions. Your English is superb,

x3

Quote:
nice!
will they going on all the new cables or just headphones?
edit: eg. iem cables too?

My original plan was to offer it for headphone cables only, i don't think many would like this on an IEM cable.
I will get some smaller ones made, and will offer it as an extra, for IEM cables.
Quote:
Hey Frank, how long do you recon its going to be till we see an aluminium Y splitter from another cable manufacturer? You know its on the books! Just look at how the silver / gold has taken off...

I always knew the silver/gold would take off, it sounds so damn good.

Quote:
 Damn, they are perfect! Those look great Frank.

They do look really nice, much better then i had ever hoped.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #944 of 10,312
Quote:

Great write up, thank you for taking the time to do it, very much appreciated.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #945 of 10,312
Quote:
It is better to ask me for a wait time, nearer the time, it will depend on how many orders i receive from now till then, but don't expect to get it in a week or two.
Yes, that price applied to the HE Headphones also, only the HD800's are slightly more expensive.

ok i will do that and i will be patient about getting them..i prefer u take ur time to make them well then a rush job.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back