Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 26, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #9,256 of 10,312

Just to give you an update on how I am finding my Hydra 18 IEM. I am still loving the sound of it but I think in the long run a Hydra 22 would have been a bit better despite the slightly lower level of comfort behind the ears. I am getting a bit frustrated with the main bulk of the cable which is mostly because it is only two cables twisted together so it has lots of stored elastic energy within the cable which a normal four way weaved cable doesn't have. This stored energy leads to the cable sticking out in odd shapes unless you put it on and twist each part in a specific manner which if you are trying to do at 5am when I get up for my commute into London or on the train home packed full of people can lead to some irritation. I don't know if anyone has any advice on how to avoid this problem but I am guessing not due to the design which I should have worked out myself really. Very tempted to sell the 18 and purchase a 22 instead as like I said before it is still the best matched cable for my K10s that I have tried. Hope this helps people make their decisions on what to buy.  

the sw22 is very flexible and light
wink.gif
and sounds stunning

+1 to that!

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #9,258 of 10,312
Think I might get a Hydra 22 for my K10... You can never have too many cables right? :p

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #9,259 of 10,312
Unsubscribed :smile: this thread is simply too Toxic :skull:

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #9,261 of 10,312
will Silver widow turn yellow over times? if it will, will it affect the sound?
your advice is appreciated.

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #9,262 of 10,312
will Silver widow turn yellow over times? if it will, will it affect the sound?
your advice is appreciated.

I probably have the oldest SW22 in the wild. It has not turned any color so far. Still a beautiful silver.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #9,263 of 10,312
I must confess that my SW24 has turned a bit coppery/greeny at points. I've had it for about 3 years now. Can't see how it could possibly affect the sound though.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #9,264 of 10,312
I must confess that my SW24 has turned a bit coppery/greeny at points. I've had it for about 3 years now. Can't see how it could possibly affect the sound though.

Can ups please provide me pictures, here or PM, the SW24 is silver litz, as most would not know, silver wire should not turn green, the wire turning green would be an indication of the silver wire having a high content of copper.

I am quite confident of bringing this up on the thread rather then PM, as all my silver wires are tested, every single batch.  I would like to find out why this is happening. The SW24, every strand is also insulated, this itself should stop the wire oxidising.

Only point where i can see this happening is OM IEM connectors, but not the wire, but the IEM pins themselves.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #9,265 of 10,312
I saw pics of SW posted in the web as attached. On the top of the pic, a portion of wire kinda turned yellow. Is it on the wire or jacket? Anyone has experienced this?
Thanks

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #9,266 of 10,312

I've asked this before but didn't get much feedback... even Frank hasn't gotten back to me regarding SW22 vs Hydra22 to pair with Westone's UM-Pro50.
I currently use the Silver Poison which is great already...
The Um-Pro50 already has quite substantial bass, perhaps a bit of hump in the mid bass which I know can be tamed better upgrading to Silver Widow or Hydra...

Any thoughts anyone?

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #9,267 of 10,312
I've asked this before but didn't get much feedback... even Frank hasn't gotten back to me regarding SW22 vs Hydra22 to pair with Westone's UM-Pro50.
I currently use the Silver Poison which is great already...
The Um-Pro50 already has quite substantial bass, perhaps a bit of hump in the mid bass which I know can be tamed better upgrading to Silver Widow or Hydra...

Any thoughts anyone?

I did already reply to you before but if you want to tame the bass definitely go for the Hydra.

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #9,268 of 10,312
Can ups please provide me pictures, here or PM, the SW24 is silver litz, as most would not know, silver wire should not turn green, the wire turning green would be an indication of the silver wire having a high content of copper.

I am quite confident of bringing this up on the thread rather then PM, as all my silver wires are tested, every single batch.  I would like to find out why this is happening. The SW24, every strand is also insulated, this itself should stop the wire oxidising.

Only point where i can see this happening is OM IEM connectors, but not the wire, but the IEM pins themselves.

Max has mine right now Frank. He's re-terminating it.

Oct 29, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #9,269 of 10,312
Just received the Hydra a couple of days ago. From initial listening, I really like the Hydra, especially its midrange and treble. It is very sweet-sounding, transparent, ultra-detailed cable. The bass is great too. I don't feel that it lacks bass at all. The Hydra is a great cable and it has so far been the most favorite Toxic cable I own (I also own BW22 and SP) Thanks, Frank, for a great cable.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #9,270 of 10,312
@Toxic Cable
Hey Frank, I emailed and PM you. Do take a look when you can. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back