Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 22, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #9,227 of 10,312
Oct 22, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #9,229 of 10,312

No. The Widow is not simply a silver cable.

Kindly explain...

Frank uses a small percentage of gold with the silver. That small addition tames the normally shrill silver properties and the resulting bend mates exceptionally well with the HD800's

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #9,230 of 10,312

Frank uses a small percentage of gold with the silver. That small addition tames the normally shrill silver properties and the resulting bend mates exceptionally well with the HD800's

Thanks for explaining...my choice is currently down to either Silver Widow or Hydra but their specs looks pretty similar. Anyone with experience with both of these? How are their sound characters? I want it specifically for my Utopia and need to be careful to choose a cable that won't be too bright when matched together

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #9,231 of 10,312
Thanks for explaining...my choice is currently down to either Silver Widow or Hydra but their specs looks pretty similar. Anyone with experience with both of these? How are their sound characters? I want it specifically for my Utopia and need to be careful to choose a cable that won't be too bright when matched together

If you don't want it too bright I would definitely go for Silver Widow over the Hydra.

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #9,232 of 10,312
Nice!!! Enjoy your new toy, Kiats :)

Thanks, Sabre2.

Frank, the Hydra is a Monster with the LCD4! You should give it a try when you have time. :)

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #9,233 of 10,312

I need a replacement cable for Beyer T1 gen 2, as I need 4 metres, and stock is 3 metres. I like the look of Toxic cables, which would suit the T1's best? I don't find the high frequencies "hot" at all, just right. Incidentally, I suppose using a QED Performace extension is not a sensible option? thanks in advance.

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #9,235 of 10,312
Thanks, Sabre2.

Frank, the Hydra is a Monster with the LCD4! You should give it a try when you have time.
smily_headphones1.gif

I will my friend, i tried your cable with mine before sending it :) was pretty impressed. Little low on the Hydra 18 currently, so will have to make myself one when the new batch is delivered if i can fine some spare time.

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #9,236 of 10,312
Kindly explain...

For material point of view, gold is the element that can release the stress and dislocation in silver material lattice,
It will help to reduce SRH recombination when the electronic pass through.

Althought silver material with gold will reduce the conductivity, but it will also help to reduce recombination.
For listening point of view, SW22 help to have a warmer sound compare to Hydea 22,won't too bright.
My personal prefer SW22 :) 

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9,238 of 10,312
I will my friend, i tried your cable with mine before sending it :) was pretty impressed. Little low on the Hydra 18 currently, so will have to make myself one when the new batch is delivered if i can fine some spare time.

Heheh! You won't regret giving it a listen, Frank! Awesome combo!

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #9,239 of 10,312
Well, it's taken me a while to get there due to my 'listening habits' but the SW24 has passed the 100 hour mark. I love it, really do. TRRS and ZX2 is stunning and with the adapter cable, Mojo and SW24 is also stunning via my iPhone and Qobuz or hi-res files using Onkyo HF player. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back