Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 30, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #9,273 of 10,312
Max has mine right now Frank. He's re-terminating it.

Thanks Richard,

I have had Max look at it and send me some pictures, i was a little worried there for a moment.

It's the actual insulation that has gone yellow/golden, and a slight tinge of green to the heat shrink coming out of the IEM connectors where it's on contact with the pins. 

This tends to happen mostly where it's in contact with the body/sweat and to date on the older SW with the extruded insulation, that has now been discontinued. The cable you have is actually the SW25.5 the original SW, not the SW24.

Sorry, i have been pretty unwell the last week, can't even eat without me throat feeling like it's burning. I will get back to everyone. This could not have happened at a worse time.

If there is anything urgent, please PM, me and i will try to go through them tomorrow, followed by emails.

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #9,274 of 10,312

Thanks Richard,

I have had Max look at it and send me some pictures, i was a little worried there for a moment.

It's the actual insulation that has gone yellow/golden, and a slight tinge of green to the heat shrink coming out of the IEM connectors where it's on contact with the pins. 

This tends to happen mostly where it's in contact with the body/sweat and to date on the older SW with the extruded insulation, that has now been discontinued. The cable you have is actually the SW25.5 the original SW, not the SW24.

Sorry, i have been pretty unwell the last week, can't even eat without me throat feeling like it's burning. I will get back to everyone. This could not have happened at a worse time.

If there is anything urgent, please PM, me and i will try to go through them tomorrow, followed by emails.

Ah I see, that explains it then. Is it possible to have it cleaned do you think? Or would I need to have the insulation replaced?

I didn't actually realise it was the original Silver Widow. I've clearly had it longer than I realised :D

Really sorry to hear you're feeling poorly mate. It's that time of year. Hope you get better soon.

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #9,275 of 10,312

Ah I see, that explains it then. Is it possible to have it cleaned do you think? Or would I need to have the insulation replaced?

I didn't actually realise it was the original Silver Widow. I've clearly had it longer than I realised :D

Really sorry to hear you're feeling poorly mate. It's that time of year. Hope you get better soon.

Hi Rich,

From the picture's i have seen, the insulation itself has discoloured, unfortunately not something we can clean off, we will try to freshen it up the best we can, unfortunately the insulation cannot be replaced either :frowning2:

Thanks mate.

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #9,276 of 10,312
Hi Frank,

I sent you an email a few days back asking if you have the black widow or silver poison iem cables in stock as i am ready to order now, but as my current cable is now broken i need one urgently. So if it takes 10-12 weeks i probably will have to order from somewhere else. 

1964 ears pins, with an angles 3.5mm termination, standard length is fine.

A rough tie estimate for both would be great?

thanks in advance.

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #9,277 of 10,312
Thanks, Frank.
Hope you get well soon.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #9,278 of 10,312
Thank You Toxic Cables....... A truly Amazing Prize

Some eye candy for ya's... I  had the pleasure of winning first prize in the recently held event from Toxic Cables.
I chose to go the Audeze Sine Headphones as I only have 1 IEM that currently only takes an aftermarket cable & that's my 1 plus2.
I am still very happy with SW22 & so I chose the Sine & seeing I didn't have a full size can of sorts only Iem's it was an easier decision for me to make.
Liking the sound of these so far....Hmmm or maybe you think they can use a new cable?...........Hey umm Frank.....

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #9,279 of 10,312
Hope you feel better soon, Frank! :)

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #9,281 of 10,312
Thanks Guys, really appreciate it.

Have just taken care of all PM's and many emails, will go through rest later, time to get some sleep 
blink.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #9,282 of 10,312
  Thank You Toxic Cables....... A truly Amazing Prize

Some eye candy for ya's... I  had the pleasure of winning first prize in the recently held event from Toxic Cables.
I chose to go the Audeze Sine Headphones as I only have 1 IEM that currently only takes an aftermarket cable & that's my 1 plus2.
I am still very happy with SW22 & so I chose the Sine & seeing I didn't have a full size can of sorts only Iem's it was an easier decision for me to make.
Liking the sound of these so far....Hmmm or maybe you think they can use a new cable?...........Hey umm Frank.....

Glad you received them safely Stan, sorry took so long to get them out to you mate.

Let me know once you decide on a cable and i'm sure we can work something out for you, i did break one of yours with the headphones :frowning2:

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #9,284 of 10,312
I came across frank's reply to one of the comment on facebook that import duties and stuff will be taken care by them, is that true?

That seems somewhat unlikely but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back