Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 31, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #7,771 of 10,317

Frank you have a PM

Dont tell me u also want a 8wire version of the Sw22 with a champagne/creme colored silk sleeve huh???
biggrin.gif

I need to see what I can do for my new Alpha Prime's and LCD-X's....
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #7,773 of 10,317
  I'd like to pick this forum's brains about the best Toxic cable option for Denon AH-D7100s.

I realise that these aren't very popular 'phones on Head Fi, but I'm burning a pair in now and I actually quite like them.

The bass can be a bit thunderous, though, and I wondered whether any of the Toxic cables may be able to rein in the bottom end and tighten it up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I love my AH-D7100s. Sooo much more comfy than my Audezes. And honestly they sound pretty damn good. I think they are underrated.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #7,774 of 10,317
Just checked it..doesnt look as if the cables comes from frank..202usd for a new silver venom???? And funny is that they use same copied text of the site of frank...

Frank...this is the shortcut...doesnt look as if its the real thing....
Maybe u can have a looksie?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toxic-Venom-Audeze-LCD-8ft-8-wire-18AWG-Rectangular-Pure-OCC-Silver-Adapter-/221672541095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339cb68ba7

Just checked ebay...cable was sold at 1100usd...thats lots of dough for a cable.. :D
hope the buyer contacted frank to check if the cable is genuine...if so...have fun!

Feb 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #7,776 of 10,317
That cable is the real deal, confirmed with the seller.

Great to see Toxic Cables selling well on the used market.
thanks frank for confirming..we are just looking after our fellow toxicanians :D
Quality always sells frank..so its no surprise to me....as ur products are among the best soundwise and qualitywise!!! Thats why they keep their price worth....anyone in the know knows ur cables are best of the best..even at those prices second hand...good thing for us is that if u wanna upgrade its easier to sell ur cable to help pay for ur new (and always more expensive) better one (as i do) :D

Any idea when my next hifimanrookie special will be ready? My special copper venom is already packed and ready to go to a very lucky and happy new owner in three weeks time:) sooo if my new baby would be ready first week of march would be perfect..

And i have to admit..i only listen to the Sw22 ever since i got him..only listened to my copper venom to compare between the two....next week i will do a final impression about the Sw22..asi think its almost burned in now....its really good..bass is also very good...not as low as the copper venom..but very controlled...sounds a bit less powerful..but am sure its all about beinh driven single ended instead of balanced...soooo..when i get the new cable i will also do a quick comparison between the 4wire SIngle ended sw22 i have now and the special 8wire balanced version i will get then...i mean..if frank dont mind ofcourse..as i am sure he probably he probably has somebody else who wants to try out this Sw22 also, as all the other SW22 cables are bought by the reviewers, damn..it sounds sooo addictive..so i can imagine them not wanting to let go...... :D

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #7,777 of 10,317
thanks frank for confirming..we are just looking after our fellow toxicanians
biggrin.gif

Quality always sells frank..so its no surprise to me....as ur products are among the best soundwise and qualitywise!!! Thats why they keep their price worth....anyone in the know knows ur cables are best of the best..even at those prices second hand...good thing for us is that if u wanna upgrade its easier to sell ur cable to help pay for ur new (and always more expensive) better one (as i do)
biggrin.gif

Any idea when my next hifimanrookie special will be ready? My special copper venom is already packed and ready to go to a very lucky and happy new owner in three weeks time:) sooo if my new baby would be ready first week of march would be perfect..

And i have to admit..i only listen to the Sw22 ever since i got him..only listened to my copper venom to compare between the two....next week i will do a final impression about the Sw22..asi think its almost burned in now....its really good..bass is also very good...not as low as the copper venom..but very controlled...sounds a bit less powerful..but am sure its all about beinh driven single ended instead of balanced...soooo..when i get the new cable i will also do a quick comparison between the 4wire SIngle ended sw22 i have now and the special 8wire balanced version i will get then...i mean..if frank dont mind ofcourse..as i am sure he probably he probably has somebody else who wants to try out this Sw22 also, as all the other SW22 cables are bought by the reviewers, damn..it sounds sooo addictive..so i can imagine them not wanting to let go......
biggrin.gif

I should mention as i have seen you say it couple times, the cream sleeve is not silk, but another high quality sleeve, the most expensive sleeve i have yet come across.

If anyone would like a special color silk sleeve for their SW22 let me know, if we can get few wanting the same color, i can get this done as i have some being done in red now, limited amount, so if you want one, let me know.

Your cable will be ready mid March, as i have some very large orders the came in first to deal with.

It's nice to see that customers can get a good price back on their own cables and don't forget, the SW cables will always be worth money even if headphones did not exist, just for the silver content.

It does worry me sometimes when i see customers selling a cable, you can't help but think if they did not like it and on many occasions i have contacted the sellers to find out why they was selling it, fortunately it's never been because they did not like the cable, but for other reasons.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #7,778 of 10,317
I should mention as i have seen you say it couple times, the cream sleeve is not silk, but another high quality sleeve, the most expensive sleeve i have yet come across.

If anyone would like a special color silk sleeve for their SW22 let me know, if we can get few wanting the same color, i can get this done as i have some being done in red now, limited amount, so if you want one, let me know.

Your cable will be ready mid March, as i have some very large orders the came in first to deal with.

It's nice to see that customers can get a good price back on their own cables and don't forget, the SW cables will always be worth money even if headphones did not exist, just for the silver content.

It does worry me sometimes when i see customers selling a cable, you can't help but think if they did not like it and on many occasions i have contacted the sellers to find out why they was selling it, fortunately it's never been because they did not like the cable, but for other reasons.

In my case, it's usually because I'm selling the headphone. But yeah, Toxic Cables have excellent resale value. You sometimes see people asking more than they actually paid.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #7,779 of 10,317

oops..sorry frank..sooooo its a very unique sleeve huh? Mmmm cool..but sorry for the mis information:)

And thanks for the expectation date when its ready :wink: i dont mind waiting as u know.

I only sell my cables because of better and therefore almost always more expensive ones... But always toxic headphone cables!! That brand is a keeper for me comcerning headphone cables :p

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #7,780 of 10,317
Frank, the Toxic Cables Black Widow retail cable is 22AWG but the DIY cable of same name is 26AWG is that correct ?
http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=122
Or are they indeed same size ?
Also, can DIY cables be ordered pre-tinned at the cut points ?

Is there a copper DIY Litz 20/18 AWG cable avail. ?

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #7,781 of 10,317
Frank, the Toxic Cables Black Widow retail cable is 22AWG but the DIY cable of same name is 26AWG is that correct ?
http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=122
Or are they indeed same size ?
Also, can DIY cables be ordered pre-tinned at the cut points ?

Is there a copper DIY Litz 20/18 AWG cable avail. ?

The numbers stand for the AWG size...the 26SW is 26awg thick and the 22SW is much thicker with 22awg.

For the last question u have to wait for franks answer :wink:

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #7,782 of 10,317
That cable is the real deal, confirmed with the seller.

Great to see Toxic Cables selling well on the used market.

Thank you Frank for stepping in and allowing us to bid with less concern about fake.

I did not get it as the bids were much too close to the original cost of the cable. I'd rather order it brand new from Frank.

BTW, talking about used market, I have a 8-ft Silver Widow for Oppo PM1, 4-pin XLR terminated with 1 ft XLR-SE adapter for sale--I am selling my Oppo PM-1.

Anyone interested can PM me or check my Oppo PM1 in the For Sale Forum.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #7,783 of 10,317
The numbers stand for the AWG size...the 26SW is 26awg thick and the 22SW is much thicker with 22awg.

I know. I'm trying to see if the DIY one is in actual fact thinner at standard 26AWG as I saw a BW on F/S thread that was listed as 22AWG but that size is not in the DIY section.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #7,784 of 10,317
  I know. I'm trying to see if the DIY one is in actual fact thinner at standard 26AWG as I saw a BW on F/S thread that was listed as 22AWG but that size is not in the DIY section.

not all wires frank offers as complete cable is actually also available as DIY product..as far i understand...but only frank can answer this question for sure, as i am not as handy as u guys ..so i never bought any diy wire myself....  
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #7,785 of 10,317

26AWG is the one used for IEM cables, 22 is not sold for DIY other then to my known customers.

I don't sell all my wires as i like to keep them for my own cables.

I have 18AWG copper wire and non Toxic litz and other wires for DIY that were R&D wire and not used in my own cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back