Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 16, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #7,807 of 10,317

can you tell m why this one ?

The price versus technical specs looked very interesting compared to those of some competitors (some have even higher specs, but cost much more for me when you include import taxes and such), and when I saw the reviews in this topic it was clear that we're dealing here with a VERY good cable! :)

I really can't wait to try it out: my Decware Taboo will arrive in a few days and I want to try the combination of these 2 out as soon as possible! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #7,808 of 10,317
  The price versus technical specs looked very interesting compared to those of some competitors (some have even higher specs, but cost much more for me when you include import taxes and such), and when I saw the reviews in this topic it was clear that we're dealing here with a VERY good cable! :)

I really can't wait to try it out: my Decware Taboo will arrive in a few days and I want to try the combination of these 2 out as soon as possible! 
biggrin.gif

thanks
btw
you can audition the lcd,3F at hphns.com in Amsterdam

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #7,810 of 10,317

I really can't wait to try it out: my Decware Taboo will arrive in a few days and I want to try the combination of these 2 out as soon as possible! :D  
for the decware taboo the SW (22 or 24 version) could maybe also be a very very very good pairing :wink: as they pair very well with tube amps.

Am in amsterdam and have a SW22 on loan...so u could try him out on ur decware... I have a single ended version..and a very special headphone ... :wink:

Kun je hem uitproberen :D

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #7,811 of 10,317

I find it to be the best of both worlds. Clarity of silver with the tonal presence of copper. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #7,812 of 10,317
for the decware taboo the SW (22 or 24 version) could maybe also be a very very very good pairing
wink.gif
as they pair very well with tube amps.

Am in amsterdam and have a SW22 on loan...so u could try him out on ur decware... I have a single ended version..and a very special headphone ...
wink.gif

Kun je hem uitproberen
biggrin.gif

I'm in the Netherlands ....
Is it possible for me to get this on a loan?

kan ik m ook uitproberen?
wink_face.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #7,813 of 10,317

biggrin.gif

I very much doubt you will have to pay anything :wink:

hi Frank ,
glad you r feeling well again.
any recomandations for the lcd.X?

Thanks mate, i am getting there, should be as good as rain in couple days.

Best people to ask are the actual users on here, many of whom own many models for the same headphones, the SW is always a good bet unless looking for something specific.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #7,814 of 10,317

My partner used to play a bit of music and has better ears than I do. However she does not know much about audiophile terms, etc. 
The setup I created for her is as follows: 

Foobar WASAPI ->
LH Labs Lightspeed 2G Split USB Cable ->
Audio GD NFB 1.32 (internally wired with Toxic Viper SPC) -> 
Black Cat Lectraline Xe Silver XLR Cables->
Schiit Mjolnir ->
Toxic Cable Virus balanced 4 pin XLR ->
MrSpeakers Alpha Prime

When the Alpha Prime cable was changed from stock to the Virus, this is what she said. 

i think it sounds more raw
like even clearer and even more real
like its too real like i can hear the singers voice imperfections etc
and i heard extra instruments
like projected even clearer

Just in case you wanted some impressions from someone who doesn't participate in this hobby. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back