Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 18, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #7,831 of 10,317
Your new cable Dressed In Chinese RED, Simply gorgeous...Congrats Kiats.
That looks like one a certain Portuguese dude living in the Netherlands used to have ....well you know who's...
ph34r.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #7,832 of 10,317
That looks like one a certain Portuguese dude living in the Netherlands used to have ....well you know who's...:ph34r:

Are u talking bout me mr.? Hehehe...damn..ur like a sherlock holmes...but ur right..it has a new home...a good home...and i now am waiting for the third version of the 'hifimanrookie special' series :D hope to get it half march...

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #7,833 of 10,317
That looks like one a certain Portuguese dude living in the Netherlands used to have ....well you know who's...:ph34r:

Hahah! Thanks, Maguire! :wink:

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #7,834 of 10,317
Feb 19, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #7,835 of 10,317
Well it wasnt difficult to work out.... Those cables remind me of a beatiful Chinese Princess Dressed in Red.

To be honest Ive been watching "If you are the one" Chinese dating show Lately..& wow those girls are really something...
So when I saw that cable again its beauty was just what hit me, plus being the Chinese new year etc....

Just goes to show how what a wonderfully skillful cable master Frank is......

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #7,837 of 10,317
Feb 19, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #7,839 of 10,317
Feb 19, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #7,840 of 10,317
Am already on my third dual 3pin xlr ended cables now...have been using those cables for a while (2years) now since my first one daily at least 4hrs a day...never had an issue..

I just read that post..wt....does he actually know how a cable is made???? Twisted? Shielded? Hello!!! Thats just a way of building a cable..i have a very expensive powercable of very high quality (two actually) from a brand NO ONE even dares to say a bad thing about..and he makes his cables UNSHIELDED...yes..unshielded...and the builder is an extremely smart audio engineer with a few phd's if i am not mistaken..and what is so different between a headphone cable and a rca cable?? Arent they both designed to let some kind of pulse through (music signal).. Both are analog signals...
oh well..u always have people thinking cables can only be made in the way THEY know of...OR.. in way the brand they love so much makes them (not toxic..lolz)...thats also possible...as there is so much hate in this business..wish it was otherwise... :xf_eek:

But u dont need to believe us.

Fact: frank made and sold many many many many cables with xlr endings.(4pin and 3pin)..and as far i know of NO ONE ever complained about the quality of those connectors on this LONG thread...u would believe at least one would do that if the cable was made so badly as he states....some did complain about the long waiting time.(solved now by the way)...soooo people do share experiences when its not to their likings... :wink:
so who do u believe?..us?.or one person who probably doesnt even owned a toxic cable in his life and is just theorizing.

But as always..its u who has to decide what to believe....as always..use ur grey cells in ur head...they will tell u :D

Update: i replied nicely on that post on that thread. :D

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #7,842 of 10,317
Agree chaps. The poster seems to be someone who likes to stick to huge mainstream manufacturers with his point that only large companies can make proper XLR ICs... :wink:

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #7,843 of 10,317
I think its because some people don't have the partnering equipment to easily tell the differences. Either that or we have great hearing and can pick it up easy. everyone has different hearing too.

There is a strong 'cables make no difference' crowd on this forum. But its nonsense. I trust my ears and there is a huge difference with a good quality cable, especially with specific amplifiers and headphones.

I agree with you 100%. The "cheapest cable is the same as any other" crowd tend to be the most vocal. They also tend to have equipment which wouldn't really benefit from better quality cables. Cables make a huge difference and if someone doesn't believe you don't worry, at least you can tell the difference!

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #7,844 of 10,317
  Anything to say about the last sentence in this thead? http://www.head-fi.org/t/755308/toxic-cable-xlr-interconnects#post_11328844

Such a bad design, that Astell & Kern use the exact same for their own Crystal Cable balanced interconnect. Crystal Cable who i am a dealer of one of their wires, also use the exact same design,

As an MOT, i am not allowed to mention other cable manufacturers, but as a Crystal Cable dealer, i can use this as a reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back