Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 27, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #7,756 of 10,317
lol...you already gave it away in your posts #7727 & 7735

I bet you can't hardly wait to give that unique cable it's first testdrive :D  

Damn u guys are to smart... :D
But because ur so smart..almost inspector gadget-tish..i will show what sleeve he will use, and yeah cant wait to feel it between my fingers and how it looks on my black PaG and my black Code-X :D

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #7,758 of 10,317
I'd like to pick this forum's brains about the best Toxic cable option for Denon AH-D7100s.

I realise that these aren't very popular 'phones on Head Fi, but I'm burning a pair in now and I actually quite like them.

The bass can be a bit thunderous, though, and I wondered whether any of the Toxic cables may be able to rein in the bottom end and tighten it up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #7,759 of 10,317
  I'd like to pick this forum's brains about the best Toxic cable option for Denon AH-D7100s.

I realise that these aren't very popular 'phones on Head Fi, but I'm burning a pair in now and I actually quite like them.

The bass can be a bit thunderous, though, and I wondered whether any of the Toxic cables may be able to rein in the bottom end and tighten it up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

The Silver Poison, Silver Widow and SW22AWG should be able to make the bass a little tighter and quicker. 

I found with the Denon D7000--admittedly a very different HP--that the most effective way to deal with the fat bottom end is to 1) improve the damping of the ear-cups and 2) to a lesser extend, modify the ear-pad--trial an error is necessary here as I cannot recommend something specifically for the 7100.  Changing cable is more of a fine-tuning. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #7,761 of 10,317
Frank's Venom Silver 18awg is on sale at ebay store   lol 
normal_smile .gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #7,763 of 10,317
Frank's Venom Silver 18awg is on sale at ebay store   lol 
normal_smile .gif

From Russia with only 11 feedbacks...Hmmm!!!

Just checked it..doesnt look as if the cables comes from frank..202usd for a new silver venom???? And funny is that they use same copied text of the site of frank...

Frank...this is the shortcut...doesnt look as if its the real thing....
Maybe u can have a looksie?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toxic-Venom-Audeze-LCD-8ft-8-wire-18AWG-Rectangular-Pure-OCC-Silver-Adapter-/221672541095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339cb68ba7

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #7,764 of 10,317
Just checked it..doesnt look as if the cables comes from frank..202usd for a new silver venom???? And funny is that they use same copied text of the site of frank...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toxic-Venom-Audeze-LCD-8ft-8-wire-18AWG-Rectangular-Pure-OCC-Silver-Adapter-/221672541095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339cb68ba7

I think it is Frank's cable alright because it is also Frank's stock photo, not the photo of the actual cable for sale!

BTW, the $202 is just the current early bid not the actual winning bid. I have seen prices go up 5-10 folds, not that I recommend bidding (or not bidding) on this item.

I am not saying that this is not a legitimate auction,but I suggest caution.

If you are interested, you could do a liitle homework:

1) Check the feedbacks and see if the seller have bought or sold anything of any significance to get the 11 feedbacks--scam artists will buy or sell knick knacks for a few dollars to build their feedbacks--and

2) Ask for the pictures of the actual cable for sale (stock photo is no good)

$200 is a steal for Frank's Toxic Venom, but a very high price to pay if you get fake or no merchandize at all.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #7,765 of 10,317

I think it is Frank's cable alright because it is also Frank's stock photo, not the photo of the actual cable for sale!

BTW, the $202 is just the current early bid not the actual winning bid. I have seen prices go up 5-10 folds, not that I recommend bidding (or not bidding) on this item.

I am not saying that this is not a legitimate auction,but I suggest caution.

If you are interested, you could do a liitle homework:

1) Check the feedbacks and see if the seller have bought or sold anything of any significance to get the 11 feedbacks--scam artists will buy or sell knick knacks for a few dollars to build their feedbacks--and

2) Ask for the pictures of the actual cable for sale (stock photo is no good)

$200 is a steal for Frank's Toxic Venom, but a very high price to pay if you get fake or no merchandize at all.

I did check it out...he has only feedback of being a buyer...thats made me cautious..he has zero feedback as seller as far i can see, and also because he uses the pics AND text of the site of frank that made me cautious and not the actual cable he owns that makes me asking u guys to be careful...am not saying its a fake...i am just saying be careful..only frank can answer if this cable is indeed sold by him..or in his name, as they state its a new, unused and unopened product....

.still..before bidding i would advice to contact frank first to check if this sale is genuine....as we all all know on ebay u can hit ur head pretty hard if ur not careful..and ur right...bidding just started...i will follow it...just out of curiosity. :D

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #7,766 of 10,317
Those are stock pictures from the site, only 1 cable was ever made like that with clear heatshrink over the XLR and that was the first one, they all come with black now. It is easier for people to just use stock pictures and description, but always better to see pictures of the actual product.

I have sold several Venom's to customers in Russia.

If you bid and win, just ask the seller his name and i can then confirm if they did indeed purchase the cable from me, before you pay.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #7,767 of 10,317
Those are stock pictures from the site, only 1 cable was ever made like that with clear heatshrink over the XLR and that was the first one, they all come with black now. It is easier for people to just use stock pictures and description, but always better to see pictures of the actual product.

If you bid and win, just ask the seller his name and i can then confirm if they did indeed purchase the cable from me, before you pay.

Good of you to step in, Frank! :)

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #7,768 of 10,317
Frank you have a PM

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #7,769 of 10,317

Yep, thats what i also said..to contact u to confirm and to make sure its genuine if ur interested :rolleyes:

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #7,770 of 10,317

Users who are viewing this thread

Back