Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #5,416 of 10,317
I got my LCD2 cable today.   I'm very happy with it.   Audible improvement over stock cable.
I wonder if I should get another cable for my IEM.   Which cable would be best for shure se846 ?

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #5,419 of 10,317
Well, finally received my first cable from a Frank on Friday 6th December 2013. Ordered 9th May 2013. I ordered a sheathed Viper (8ft) for my Senn HD650s, but Frank offered a free upgrade to the same length White Widow, due to the delay in the order. Great customer service.

Well, initial impressions were very good. Cable looked beautifully made, as expected. However, looks are only part of the equation, but one can tell immediately on sight the craftsmanship and care that went into producing this product. So, hooked it up to my Senns, Burson Soloist SL and Cyrus setup, and left it to run in for a day or so.

How does it sound? Stunning. Simply stunning. It has opened up the sound of my Senns, without adding brightness or artificial sheen, and maintaining a strong bass presence (and the characteristic 650 warmth in the upper mids). Really did not expect this much of an improvement in the sound. Money well spent and well worth the wait. You deserve to be so busy, Frank. Chalk this down to another satisfied customer. Next upgrade, there's only one cable name I'll be considering. Simply superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #5,420 of 10,317
Well, finally received my first cable from a Frank on Friday 6th December 2013. Ordered 9th May 2013. I ordered a sheathed Viper (8ft) for my Senn HD650s, but Frank offered a free upgrade to the same length White Widow, due to the delay in the order. Great customer service.

Well, initial impressions were very good. Cable looked beautifully made, as expected. However, looks are only part of the equation, but one can tell immediately on sight the craftsmanship and care that went into producing this product. So, hooked it up to my Senns, Burson Soloist SL and Cyrus setup, and left it to run in for a day or so.

How does it sound? Stunning. Simply stunning. It has opened up the sound of my Senns, without adding brightness or artificial sheen, and maintaining a strong bass presence (and the characteristic 650 warmth in the upper mids). Really did not expect this much of an improvement in the sound. Money well spent and well worth the wait. You deserve to be so busy, Frank. Chalk this down to another satisfied customer. Next upgrade, there's only one cable name I'll be considering. Simply superb.

Yep yep..thats all frank...helping u out..he knows its hard for us to wait..and we all know he cant help it..its US who makes the delivery times soooo long...as we are with so many..and he is with so little..lolz
But upgrading ur cable to one of his better cables is something only he does....NOT ONE OTHER CABLEMAKER will do that..no matter how long u wait... This is something we all have to remember... He does his best to help us... And if he thinks iphe cant make up to our high expectiins (and his proud!) he upgrades ur cable or does something else that u wont expect..on HIS cost..yes..thats frank..and its only honest to make a point of it... NO OTHER cable making will do that..as it will cost them...just as it costs frank..but he finds us important..his customers..and it hurts him that we are not happy when we have to wait months and not able to help us...so he does it this way..well done frank! But i didnt expected otherwise from u..i just saw ur german customers also got their cables and they are extatic!! They all say it was worth the wait..just as barzo just mentioned... And i agree..my next (probably endgame cable) will be made by frank again..no matter how long i have to wait for it..as i know what i am waiting for..as u guys also know who has one of his snakes in ur system:) just wanted to express this...

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #5,421 of 10,317
Before the rectangular aluminium splitters, and after the big round ones, Frank was using the carbon fibre tubes for a short time as Y splitters.

That's the one I have. I actually prefer the look of it as it's very small, light and blends in with the cable. I was just wondering why the switch to the larger metal ones but maybe they're not as big as they appear.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #5,422 of 10,317
When I look at the size of the wire that runs to the Sennheiser capsule/driver it is very difficult to comprehend why any good copper/silver/silver&gold cable with little to no resistance would sound much different than a cable with more wires. I do believe and have heard for myself the differences between cables made with different materials/quality of construction. Once the signal is passed cleanly and completely to the hair sized driver wire, why would four more wires of the same material in the cable leading up to it make a SQ difference?

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #5,423 of 10,317

That's the one I have. I actually prefer the look of it as it's very small, light and blends in with the cable. I was just wondering why the switch to the larger metal ones but maybe they're not as big as they appear.

There not so large, and very light. Not sure why Frank changed. A bit more bespoke and refined perhaps? Something custom made rather than 'off the shelf' is a bit more special I suppose. The new ones are lovely looking and feeling splitters.

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5,425 of 10,317
Wrong Frank link. :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #5,426 of 10,317
  @Frank

You think you will be able to provide a hardwire service with you cables in the near future? 

I think he already does hardwiring. When I ordered the 8 wire Black Widow he had an order to hardwire a Grado headphone with that cable. And that was months ago!

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #5,428 of 10,317
  So does he hardwire HD800s as well?

Ask him, how would I know?
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #5,429 of 10,317
I got my Silver Widow on Saturday, and have to concur with the views about built quality. 

I'm not very good with all these terms, but from what other people have said about them, I most agree on the heightened treble presence and the details. I had initially thought the bass was lacking, but after swapping back to the stock cable I dismissed this.  

The overall package impressed enough that I am going get an IEM version. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #5,430 of 10,317
2-3 weeks and i will get my toxic cable silver widow for IEM @_@ hard to wait :p 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back