Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #5,386 of 10,317
  As promised here is a quick initial bit of feedback on the Silver Widow I just received...

In a word, WOW. I must admit to the possibility of being a bit close-minded? In regards to whether or not a cable can actually make a difference and I [was] just adamant that it could not be so. Well how about a metaphorical slap in the face? I find myself somewhat humbled.

With the LCD3 driven by Mjolnir/Gungnir and FLAC from JRiver Media via USB transfer I now have the means to fully escape this world minus the debilitating influence of substance abuse!  ;0)   Really just an understated beautiful work of art it is. I am well and fully blown away.

Really astounding increase in resolution and airiness of the soundstage. Micro-precision instrumental placement. Detail rendering and clarity to die for. I can honestly say that if an enthusiast has the LCD3 and the Schiit stack that YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO PICK UP ONE OF THESE SILVER WIDOWS! Just do it.

Regards

Keith

Why is the wait worth it?...This is why....

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #5,387 of 10,317
Thank you Frank, Just received my Silver Widows IC from Toxic cable for my RWAK120-B TRRS to RS-71B Balance. I understood that the Right angle TRRS only available with plastic but Frank are reluctant to make his cable with plastic quality thus he mod one for me, i don't know how but he did it. My RWAK120-B will ship out today thus no full config picture, the cable length is 131mm, the length was set by me , would like it be slightly shorter maybe by 10mmm, gotta measure a accurate length when my RWAK120-B reach me next few day. Maybe order another one with Picolino :p.  Can't wait to get my Roxanne cable to balance, hope you can get the connector as soon as possible.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #5,389 of 10,317
I haven't followed this thread for a while, what's the current wait time?

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #5,390 of 10,317
I haven't followed this thread for a while, what's the current wait time?

ordered Silver Widow for my CIEM like two weeks ago, and was told the waiting time is 5-6 weeks, hope it wont exceed that :p 

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #5,396 of 10,317
I got my Silver Poison cables for my HE-500s and I'm breaking it in now. Also received the virus mini-to-mini 1/8th interconnect too (gold plated). Looks like Christmas came early!

Will be posting pics and discussing later.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #5,399 of 10,317
Can anyone advise what headphone cables made by Toxic would be the equivalent of Moon Audio's Silver Dragon V3?  I just got a pair of Shure SRH1540, and would like a 4' - 5' silver cable using the Shure MMCX connectors (singel-ended termination, 3.5mm).  Unfortunately, Drew advises the specs I want won't be available until February at the earliest, so I'm looking for an alternative & thought of Toxic Cables.

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #5,400 of 10,317
After about 6 months waiting my Black Widow (BW) has eventually arrived
ksc75smile.gif
atsmile.gif
 .  Thank you Frank.

I have posted a few photos of this new BW for readers reference.  You may have noticed that Frank has used black heatshrinks on the jack and the connectors.  I think mine is the first batch of BW having its new look.  TBH I like this new look very much as the black heatshrink matches very nicely with the cable's name 
wink_face.gif

In one of the photos I have also shown my Silver Widow (SW) that I am presently using for my HD800.  As I have bought a pair of LCD3 I will send this SW back to Frank for re-termination later. 

The workmanship of the BW is second to none and Frank has consistently maintained his product quality.  I have been using my SW for a year and there is no tear and wear at all and still looks like new.

As to the sound quality I have not yet compared it with my SW and Scorpion but I will post my review after 100 hrs of burning in.

My last comment to those who are still waiting for their cables, please don't complaint and please wait patiently as Frank will not let you down. I can only say the waiting is worthwhile when you have received your cables.  Thank you again Frank for the wonderful work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back