Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 20, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #1,576 of 10,317
If anyone in EU requires any Audio GD Amps, Hifiman headphones, amps or players and iBasso amps or the DX100 or even a headphone stand, it's best to get your order in by 5pm UK time today, for Monday delivery, just in time for Christmas.

Free custom cables with headphones, will follow at a later date.

Sorry for the late responses to emails the last few days, really busy trying to get a many orders as i can, delivered before Christmas.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #1,577 of 10,317
Frank when are you going to update your website to show your other non-cable products?

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #1,578 of 10,317
Quote:

Is that the general consensus now!

I was put of by the reports that the early LCD3's were darker than the LCD2.2.
Is it now a fact that the newish unveiled LCD3's are brighter than the LCD2.2's?

Well I , personally, found them brighter and so did Darku (the friend that gave me the opportunity to test them). And we listened to both lcd2 and lcd3 and 2 different amps/dacs : Burson Conductor and M2Tech Vaughan. 
The differences I found were
on lcd3:
-wider soundstage
-more details
-better defined treble 
-a liiiitle more defined bass

on lcd2:
-the sound is more intimate
-more present lower midrange (though I am not completely sure, because it might be a result from the wider soundstage)

Didn't even see your post, talk about timing. 
beerchug.gif

The SP provides a more forward experience to the Audeze stock, it's louder, clearer, better defined and generally more coherant. The bass is tighter and much more forceful, slamming with considerably amped impact at the initial sacrifice of a marginal amount of rumble. The SPs don't lose any warmth, but in some ways it's not as easy to percieve due to the widened soundstage and cleaner, faster midrange.

If you enjoy a warm, lush or laid back sound and are looking for just a little more resolution and excitement then I'd contact Frank and ask about his new Black Widow (copper) cable.

Thank you for the cable and all your hard work, Frank. Was fun doing the review, even got in a photo of the shameless advertisement armbands on my manly arms 
biggrin.gif

Thanks Darkbeat. 

Damn it! It is a hard decision :)) I generally like warm lush laid back sound, but I also like the improvements you said the silver cable brings. This reminds me of a funny expression "Why not both?"

I have been looking on the http://toxic-cables.co.uk but i did not see the black widow, and the names do not match the ones you guys talk about here.
Is there an updated list with the products?

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #1,579 of 10,317
Quote:
Thanks Darkbeat. 

Damn it! It is a hard decision :)) I generally like warm lush laid back sound, but I also like the improvements you said the silver cable brings. This reminds me of a funny expression "Why not both?"

I have been looking on the http://toxic-cables.co.uk but i did not see the black widow, and the names do not match the ones you guys talk about here.
Is there an updated list with the products?

Try here.

I think either the Silver Poison or the Black Widow (or even option 3 the Silver Widow) would vastly improve your listening experience without compromising on the unique sonic signature that makes Audez'e shine, so you really can't go wrong no matter what you choose.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #1,581 of 10,317
Dec 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,582 of 10,317
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,583 of 10,317
Dec 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,584 of 10,317
Dec 21, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #1,585 of 10,317
Quote:
I have not looked in to those yet, i believe they accept the same cables as the HD-25, which i currently don't offer cables for. I need to pick up a set, so that i can get the correct cable measurements. I don't like to sell cables that i don't have at least one set of headphones they work on, for me to test them with. I will order a pair in January and should have cables available for them later that month.

Apologies guys, had to necro this post. From what I've been checking/reading on the interwebz apparently the HD25 shares the connectors of the HD650/600/580 and I'll be having a pair of Amperior coming in very soon. Hoping to be able to combo another cable for my 4.A when the time comes xD.

By the way Frank I'll need slightly thicker pins on the iem cable- the 4.A ones are slightly larger and the stock cable + a westone ES cable that I tried couldn't cut it. I had to crimp the pins in order for it to stay in although any accidental tugs would result in the cable dislodging from the iem. Thanks!

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #1,586 of 10,317
Quote:

Apologies guys, had to necro this post. From what I've been checking/reading on the interwebz apparently the HD25 shares the connectors of the HD650/600/580 and I'll be having a pair of Amperior coming in very soon. Hoping to be able to combo another cable for my 4.A when the time comes xD.

By the way Frank I'll need slightly thicker pins on the iem cable- the 4.A ones are slightly larger and the stock cable + a westone ES cable that I tried couldn't cut it. I had to crimp the pins in order for it to stay in although any accidental tugs would result in the cable dislodging from the iem. Thanks!

All CIEM cable pins have always been 0.78mm, this is the same case with JH Audio, Westone, Unique Melody and the rest, unless you specifically request a TF10 socket which is 0.75mm, which a couple of those manufacturers will do. 

This is the First i am hearing of any CIEM/Cable having larger pins then the standard 0.78mm size, and unfortunately i do not stock these.

I would contact the manufacturer is i were you, and check this with them, find out if they are using larger sockets.

30% of my IEM cables are sold to Heir owners, not had this reported before.

The only othe

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,588 of 10,317
The Magnus1 cable I had for it fits rather snugly, but the original stock cable and Westone's ES cable couldn't 
redface.gif

Weird I know, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back