Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #1,563 of 10,317
Anyone get word from Frank about his current cable shipment? 

Wondering if I'll be able to get mine in time for Christmas =D

Those new Y split ties look fantastic! Very classy.

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,564 of 10,317
Quote:
Where are you ordering the custom made Toxic cables from Frank for the Hifiman HE 400? Please send me a link. Thanks.

Very easy, Frank keeps it simple. You can email him or just shoot him a PM here on Head-Fi and I'm sure he'll take care of you. He tailors everything he sells to each customer, one of the reasons why I love Toxic Cables so much.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #1,566 of 10,317
Quote:
Silver Poison review is up 
biggrin.gif

Excellent review Darkbeat! Welcome to the SP club too...
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,567 of 10,317
Quote:

Very nice review! It came just in time :)) as you can see my question above your post :D.

So you say it keeps the sound warm and it doesn't loose bass ?

Does it change the dark signature of lcd2? 

You may have convinced me to go for the silver poison cable, though I thought i am a copper cable guy.

I like dark warming sound in general. I love the sound of lcd2 and its highs, but i feel it can be more detailed and the highs can have a little more sparkle.

I have listened to lcd3 recently. I've seen you said in the review that lcd3 are recessed. I read that the first batch had a problem but they fixed that. Actually they are brighter than the lcd2s .

The secret is the gold added into the silver....It takes care of the bass issues with pure silver.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,568 of 10,317
Excellent review Darkbeat! Welcome to the SP club too...:D

Yeah well done..am also waiting for my BW 22awg for my he500.as frank adviced that that would be best pair..as soon ihave it i will put a review on also. I hope to get it before new year :xf_eek: Once again..well done.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #1,570 of 10,317
Quote:

The secret is the gold added into the silver....It takes care of the bass issues with pure silver.

Good quality pure silver cables don't have any bass issues IMO

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,571 of 10,317
Quote:
Anyone get word from Frank about his current cable shipment? 

Wondering if I'll be able to get mine in time for Christmas =D

Those new Y split ties look fantastic! Very classy.

Unless your cable has shipped already, there are no more orders other then a few in the UK and EU that will be sent to arrive before Christmas. I am upgrading some of the EU orders that are ready to next day shipping, so that they arrive on time.

You can email me and i can check on your order status for you, i am currently running a little behind.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #1,573 of 10,317
Quote:
I have listened to lcd3 recently. I've seen you said in the review that lcd3 are recessed. I read that the first batch had a problem but they fixed that. Actually they are brighter than the lcd2s .

Is that the general consensus now!

I was put of by the reports that the early LCD3's were darker than the LCD2.2.
Is it now a fact that the newish unveiled LCD3's are brighter than the LCD2.2's?

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #1,574 of 10,317
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I really appreciate it
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Very nice review! It came just in time :)) as you can see my question above your post :D.

So you say it keeps the sound warm and it doesn't loose bass ?

Does it change the dark signature of lcd2? 

You may have convinced me to go for the silver poison cable, though I thought i am a copper cable guy.

I like dark warming sound in general. I love the sound of lcd2 and its highs, but i feel it can be more detailed and the highs can have a little more sparkle.

Didn't even see your post, talk about timing.
beerchug.gif

The SP provides a more forward experience to the Audeze stock, it's louder, clearer, better defined and generally more coherant. The bass is tighter and much more forceful, slamming with considerably amped impact at the initial sacrifice of a marginal amount of rumble. The SPs don't lose any warmth, but in some ways it's not as easy to percieve due to the widened soundstage and cleaner, faster midrange.

If you enjoy a warm, lush or laid back sound and are looking for just a little more resolution and excitement then I'd contact Frank and ask about his new Black Widow (copper) cable.

Quote:
Thanks for posting the review, Stephen, will have a read now.

Thank you for the cable and all your hard work, Frank. Was fun doing the review, even got in a photo of the shameless advertisement armbands on my manly arms
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #1,575 of 10,317
Edited..was double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back