Toucan and Boomslang (IBasso Audio) Balanced Review Thread
Jul 13, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #17 of 330
and it have balanced input which RSA Protector dont have.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #20 of 330
is this a good amp for something like a D7000? or grado 225i?

I have been  thinking about getting a AMP( desktop/ portable for  above two headphones)

for using it at home..
how will it compare to my LD MKV ???? when using headphones like HD600 or DT-880 600ohm>>??

( I may get a MK3 from someone, if i am not getting this)

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #21 of 330
Hmm as i just ordered  a RE-ZERO this amp could be a very nice compliment. Decisions, decisions...

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #22 of 330
I listened to HiFlight's Toucan amp via a pair of balance OK2 and it sounded very nice. Can't say much else because it was at the Fort Myers Meet last Saturday, 7/24 and I did not spend a lot of time with it. However I am looking forward to the arrival of mine to spend more time with it and the matching DAC.

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #23 of 330
So I'm happy to say that I have my PB1 now and from the start I can say that this amp has a lot of power behind it. I haven't done any critical listening at all (mainly electronic to test the bass) but they do give the cans some power. I love it already.

Later on in the evening I'll do some listening with classical/acoustic/vocal music and see how it holds up. I will do a slight comparison from my old ALO Rx but keep in mind, it's going to be from memory. 

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #28 of 330
Here is a reply that I received from iBasso a few days ago:

........"We are waiting the PCM2906B supply from TI. Once we receive it, we can release the DB1".......

Quote:
Does anybody know when the ibasso DAC is actually coming out?

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #29 of 330

Quote:
Could not use the portable DAC with any practical DAPs. what is the point of the balanced DAC.

The iBasso balanced DAC and amp have the performance capabilities to serve as a very small but high quality desktop or bedside rig using the digital outputs of your favorite CDP or SACD player, as the DAC will accept optical, coax and USB.   What separates the Toucan from other portable amplifiers, regardless of price, is that it has the capability to drive nearly all full-sized cans with authority. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back