Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #151 of 468
I just bought one and all my headphones are under 80 ohm. BA CIEM, TH0XX, EL8, iSine 20. What is the issue?
I would buy a UE Impedance jack.
It will help you out with all of those headphones and costs around $10.

You might not notice a difference with some of them, but you might with others.
It really depends on the headphones.

Usually I use my DX7 attached to an o2Amp since I have really low impedance headphones (myspeakers Aeon and Oppo PM-2 and Denon D7200 and Denon AH-MM400).

If I use the DX7 output I use it with an adapter and the 3.5mm UE Buffer jack.

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #152 of 468
I would buy a UE Impedance jack.
It will help you out with all of those headphones and costs around $10.

You might not notice a difference with some of them, but you might with others.
It really depends on the headphones.

Usually I use my DX7 attached to an o2Amp since I have really low impedance headphones (myspeakers Aeon and Oppo PM-2 and Denon D7200 and Denon AH-MM400).

If I use the DX7 output I use it with an adapter and the 3.5mm UE Buffer jack.
That is unfortunate. Part of the reason I bought DX7 was to simplify things for my home setup with monitors. I'm kind of tired of having to switch amps every time I want to change headphone and taking the o2 and mojo back in forth from work to home. I might turn around and sell DX7 if it doesn't work well with all my headphones, because then no point of keeping it.

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #159 of 468
I been using DX7 for few days now. So far its little warmer than I expected. It consumes 7 watts using DAC and SE port for headphones at any volume level. It uses 3 watts of power when off in standby mode. The remote is solid.

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #160 of 468
I been using DX7 for few days now. So far its little warmer than I expected. It consumes 7 watts using DAC and SE port for headphones at any volume level. It uses 3 watts of power when off in standby mode. The remote is solid.

The warmth is solely the output impedance mixed with your headphones.
This unit is basically the definition of objective reference, use it with an o2 or some other ~0ohm output impedance amp and you will see what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back