Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by faber65, Mar 16, 2017.
  1. Faber65
    I received my Topping D30 a couple of days ago and in the box I found a brochure with this....

20170316144553.jpg
    20170316144740.jpg
    But in their website there is nothing mentioned.....

http://www.tpdz.net/en/products.htm

Anyone here has an idea about that?

2. Faber65
    img014.jpg

One more scan of the brochure...

3. Jimster480
    Looks really awesome,
    Hope the price is as awesome as some of their other stuff.

4. drteming
    Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

5. Razornova
    Wow looks great. Could a a promising competitor to the current Jotunheimm/NFB-11 go to for entry level DAC/AMP combo.

6. Faber65
    The brochure says that it was expected to be launched in December 2016, but probably the launch was postponed.
    For sure "on the paper" it looks interesting, but then we need to consider the SQ.
    For sure the higher level is very crowded of good competitors, so the battle is going to be fierce.

7. Jimster480

So far from what I have read Topping has delivered in the SQ department with some very well built products with high quality component.

8. drteming
    I emailed Topping for more info, and this is their reply:

Like the specs, but no new info.  I am guessing that there's going to be a pair of opamps feeding each TPA6120A2's.  Seeing what Topping has done recently, I'm speculating that they're going to be OPA2134's.  I wonder if they will be socketed for easy swap out.  I guess if not, I can always take a soldering iron to the PCB.

9. Jimster480
    They didn't tell you when it might come out?

10. drteming

Nope. They are holding their cards close to their chests. Just for kicks, I searched for the DX7 on Taobao and AliExpress and came up with nothing.

11. Jimster480
    Ah I see,
    They are probably still working on it, or they aren't ready for production yet. Especially if they are in need of quality facilities or they are trying to gather cash for a volume order of chips.

12. Nolbert0
    I realise this is an old thread I'm resurrecting but any word on this thing yet? It's piqued my interest. I just asked Google-Sensei and he/she came up with Yamaha! LOL

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  13. Jimster480
    Nope but my friend is about to go to china and he will find out about it when hes there.

14. Faber65
    As per what their website shows, they have a new amp for loudspeakers, but nothing about the DX7.
    I may contact the manufacturer directly and ask.

15. crabdog
    The DX7 is available on AliExpress now for $399.99. I have one on the way but no ETA yet.

LINK