Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Jul 6, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #466 of 468
After five long years of service, my DX7 is starting to show some issues. To be more specific, it randomly powers off right after powering on and, when I turn it on again, it appears to reset the settings, so the screen brightness and the "auto" setting are changed. Has anyone encountered this issue? Any idea where it might stem from?

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #467 of 468
After five long years of service, my DX7 is starting to show some issues. To be more specific, it randomly powers off right after powering on and, when I turn it on again, it appears to reset the settings, so the screen brightness and the "auto" setting are changed. Has anyone encountered this issue? Any idea where it might stem from?
Have you checked the heatsink situation?
Mine failed too, i may need to find some time to get a thermal pad and place it, if it doesnt work i will need to get a replacement, but i can't decide what to get... topping doesnt seems to be good anymore after stupid failures...

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #468 of 468
Have you checked the heatsink situation?
Mine failed too, i may need to find some time to get a thermal pad and place it, if it doesnt work i will need to get a replacement, but i can't decide what to get... topping doesnt seems to be good anymore after stupid failures...
Sorry for my very late reply. I've literally just finished reassembling the unit: I had put thermal paste on the chips, but I put on some new paste. I am quite sure this won't change things too much, though, but I will try and see if this works anyway. Luckily I have other DACs I can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back