Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Apr 9, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #436 of 468
I'm experiencing the same issue. It will stop working out of sudden and sample rate will fix/freeze. Only way to make it work is to power off and reconnect usb. Did you find a solution to it? Optical is fine. Thanks

Just to let you guys know, I have experienced the EXACT same thing on my Topping D70. Was listening to some 96Khz Master track quality files in Tidal. All of a sudden, the sound cut out, but the song appeared to be playing in the application. I switched from USB to optical, and it worked perfectly. Went back to USB, no sound. Tried rebooting the application, no success. As soon as I shut the power off on the back of the unit and turned it back on, it worked perfectly. I wish I had just rebooted my Windows before to see if that would have done the trick. It appears that something caused either the D70 to lock onto the 96Khz sample rate and believe that something was being played thus not allowing any other input to reset/interrupt the datastream. I am wondering if shutting down the source (PC) would have reset the issue, or perhaps turning it off and on is the only solution. I wonder if you guys used Tidal at the time - trying to see what trips it up. I am on the latest XMOS drivers (4.82). I have had the unit for about a month, and this is the first time it happened.

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #437 of 468
Just to let you guys know, I have experienced the EXACT same thing on my Topping D70. Was listening to some 96Khz Master track quality files in Tidal. All of a sudden, the sound cut out, but the song appeared to be playing in the application. I switched from USB to optical, and it worked perfectly. Went back to USB, no sound. Tried rebooting the application, no success. As soon as I shut the power off on the back of the unit and turned it back on, it worked perfectly. I wish I had just rebooted my Windows before to see if that would have done the trick. It appears that something caused either the D70 to lock onto the 96Khz sample rate and believe that something was being played thus not allowing any other input to reset/interrupt the datastream. I am wondering if shutting down the source (PC) would have reset the issue, or perhaps turning it off and on is the only solution. I wonder if you guys used Tidal at the time - trying to see what trips it up. I am on the latest XMOS drivers (4.82). I have had the unit for about a month, and this is the first time it happened.
I tested it with Spotify and same issue. It's so ramdom. It will work fine for couple days and out of sudden no sound again. I'm so disappointed about Topping's product. I even contacted their support over Taobao store. I was told to try it with a different PC....I contacted Massdrop and they offered free return which is nice but I don't want to send it to postoffice and no access to printer to print out the return lable. Seems like lots of user are experience this issue. Again, I can't find a solution after trying all the boxes. I'm on 4.82 as well but I used previous version same issue.

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #438 of 468
I tested it with Spotify and same issue. It's so ramdom. It will work fine for couple days and out of sudden no sound again. I'm so disappointed about Topping's product. I even contacted their support over Taobao store. I was told to try it with a different PC....I contacted Massdrop and they offered free return which is nice but I don't want to send it to postoffice and no access to printer to print out the return lable. Seems like lots of user are experience this issue. Again, I can't find a solution after trying all the boxes. I'm on 4.82 as well but I used previous version same issue.
@TOPPING

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #439 of 468
I would not return it personally since it seems to be a simple glitch that may be fixable via firmware/driver update and is affecting more than one user on multiple XMOS-based products. For me, it is really a non-issue since it happened only 1 time in over a month. However, I do hope that Topping get down to the bottom of it and address it nevertheless.

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #440 of 468
I would not return it personally since it seems to be a simple glitch that may be fixable via firmware/driver update and is affecting more than one user on multiple XMOS-based products. For me, it is really a non-issue since it happened only 1 time in over a month. However, I do hope that Topping get down to the bottom of it and address it nevertheless.
My plan is to keep it and try to fix somehow or wait for next driver update. I turn my unit off and on 5 times already today ... I'm switching to optical for now.

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #441 of 468
My plan is to keep it and try to fix somehow or wait for next driver update. I turn my unit off and on 5 times already today ... I'm switching to optical for now.
Yes, that is not acceptable...5 times a day. Something must be triggering it for some reason. Have you tried a different USB cable or a different port on your PC?

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #442 of 468
Yes, that is not acceptable...5 times a day. Something must be triggering it for some reason. Have you tried a different USB cable or a different port on your PC?
I tried 3 cables but only the topping cable can be recognized by my PC. I switched usb port before same issue. I even reinstalled Windows last weekend. Factory reset of the unit. Reinstall driver. Use previous driver. Reinstalled Tidal and Spotify. Set Tidal exclusive off and on. Disable all other device in sound setting. Use default usb Windows driver. Power setting set to perfomance.I did lots of reserch on Internet and tried everyhing ppl suggest...It stopped again as I type this comment ....

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #443 of 468
I tried 3 cables but only the topping cable can be recognized by my PC. I switched usb port before same issue. I even reinstalled Windows last weekend. Factory reset of the unit. Reinstall driver. Use previous driver. Reinstalled Tidal and Spotify. Set Tidal exclusive off and on. Disable all other device in sound setting. Use default usb Windows driver. Power setting set to perfomance.I did lots of reserch on Internet and tried everyhing ppl suggest...It stopped again as I type this comment ....
The fact that it only works with one of the 3 USB cables is extremely unusual. I would still try it with another PC or laptop if possible just to rule out your PC for some kind of incompatibility (maybe BIOS setting). Ultimately, it could be that there is something wrong with your unit if it does it with another computer.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #444 of 468
is this thread just for DX7 or 7s and Pro included?
if so seems pretty quiet.

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #445 of 468
DX7/S but.. I'm sure it's whatever.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #447 of 468
yeah, but mine is Dx7s so it's a bit too different to go and post there.

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #448 of 468
The biggest change going up to DX7Pro is obviously the Bluetooth module, but I just realized that connecting my DAP and controlling its playback using Hiby Link basically able me to play what I have in it straight into the DX7S, and simple change in M3s to Bluetooth receiver mode also make me able to stream into it. Nice nice~

I'm no longer feeling like the lack of analog input to be that detrimental to its usage :L3000: who needs android when i can keep all my songs in one device and control it remotely eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back