Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Nov 26, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #421 of 468
Need advice on the use of FIR settings on the DX7s. Received this a couple of days back and the settings of the FIR from 1-7. Can someone enlighten me on the settings. The manual don't really gives much info especially for non-audiophile like me.

Dec 6, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #423 of 468
Has anyone else had issues with USB cable compatibility? I can only get my unit to work with the stock cable provided but not any of the higher quality alternatives I have tried (at least 4 other known good cables). I've also tried using with both Windows 10 Desktop, Laptop and Mac mini and Macbook Pro. Only the cheap stock cable seems to work properly with all sources tried. I've actually had the unit for about 9 months and have just lived with it but it's starting to nag at me again. I did reach out to Topping but got little assistance. I can't even locate a firmware file to try updating to. Any thoughts out there?

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #433 of 468
I mean if I can directly connect the Dx7s to a poweramp and use the Dx7s as pre-amp (i.e, volume control).

Of course you can.

Though it will depend on three things:

1) Sensitivity of the power amp input.

2) Volume output range, particularly if it can be attenuated down to zero

3) Having or not having a remote control. I'm not sure if the Dx7 has one.

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #435 of 468
Okay, so after four (probably unnecessary) computer restarts and taking the whole thing apart, it started working again? When I plugged it back in after having it disassembled, I noticed that the sample rate on the display read "---kHz". The whole time it was not working it was stuck at "44.1kHz" even though it shouldn't show a sample rate when it's not connected to a PC. Sure enough, once I reconnected the USB cable the sample rate display updated as you'd expect and it once again was being recognized by the PC. Very peculiar; I'm guessing it fully losing power caused it to reset whatever was going on to make it frozen in the way it was. I don't know what version of the firmware this shipped with, but I'm going to update it now.
I'm experiencing the same issue. It will stop working out of sudden and sample rate will fix/freeze. Only way to make it work is to power off and reconnect usb. Did you find a solution to it? Optical is fine. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back