1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by faber65, Mar 16, 2017.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
  1. gto88
    Mine also turned off automatically with windows laptop.
    You may want to check system options on Dx7s, could be off on yours.

2. Toshu
    I have auto set to ON....do it does turn On when I turn the Android TV box on but it doesn't turn off... even after a wait

3. gto88
    The other possible reason is the usb port on tv box is never off.

4. gto88
    Recheck my unit, it turned off within 1min after I turn off my laptop.

Toshu likes this.
  5. chaotic_angel
    I kinda agree with Josh Varlour with regards to the less power of the SE jack, my Elemental Watson is way stronger than this. But DX7s shines when used as DAC via RCA, my Stax SRM 2525 is singing.
    While BAL is adequate but not excellent overall.

6. Voxata
    Are you saying the BAL DAC out is not that good? I had no issues either way. The headamp balanced or SE out I felt was fairly inferior.

Baten likes this.
  7. chaotic_angel
    what I meant is headphone out SE & BAL, while DAC via stereo RCA is good, I havent got chance to try BAL XLR out

8. gto88
    I recently download a DSD512 sample music, and tried topping DX7s with foobar, and
    it fail with error:
    Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 1411200 Hz not supported by this device

Is there anyone can play dsd512 on topping DX7s successfully?

9. Baten
    I think it's trying DoP DSD512. You need native playback.
    http://help.nativedsd.com/en/articles/94982-foobar-2000-and-playing-dsf-audio-files

10. gto88
    My setting is correct, for dsd256 it shows 11.28MHz, change to dsd512, the error comes out.
    I guess that Toppings' driver on Windows 10 is the issue? unless someone plays dsd512 successfully on Windows.
    By the way, if I connect to DAP which play dsd512 and use DX7s as DAC, I can see 22.56MHz showing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  11. Zyoomy
    Sorry to revive a dead forum, but does anyone have a solution for not being able to be recognized to the pc? My topping was working fine with usb when I first got it, but the next day my computer would not notice that its even plugged into the usb port. I tried restarting and plugging with no success.

12. lagadu
    Have you tried a different usb cable? The cable that came with mine was complete garbage, wouldn't connect a lot of time and the slightest of movements would introduce noise. A new cable completely fixed that for me.

13. Zyoomy
    Yes I tried that to no avail.

14. greenarrow
    Can try the JRiver Music Center v25.0.114

15. greenarrow
    Just received my DX7s. Is there any different in using the 6.35mm or the balanced output? All my headphones are using the 6.35mm plug. What's the FIR button on the remote do?

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27