Topping DX7 - DAC and balanced headphone amplifier
Mar 17, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 468
Wow looks great. Could a a promising competitor to the current Jotunheimm/NFB-11 go to for entry level DAC/AMP combo.

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 468
The brochure says that it was expected to be launched in December 2016, but probably the launch was postponed.
For sure "on the paper" it looks interesting, but then we need to consider the SQ.
For sure the higher level is very crowded of good competitors, so the battle is going to be fierce.

So far from what I have read Topping has delivered in the SQ department with some very well built products with high quality component.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #8 of 468
I emailed Topping for more info, and this is their reply:

Thank you for contacting TOPPING support. We are happy to assist.

Here's some info of DX7.
1, USB, Coax, OPT, AES/EBU input, Line out, balance out, 6.35mm headphone out and balance headphone out.
2, ES9018K2M X 2, TPA6120A2 X 2
3, USB to Coax output
4, USB support DSD64/128 and PCM24bit/384k
5, Coax, OPT, AES/EBU support PCM24bit/192k
6, Remote control
7, Linear power supply

If you have any questions, please tell us.

Best Regards!
----------------------------------
TOPPING service
26th Jiaomen Road, Huangge Town, Nansha, Guangzhou, China
Zip code: 511455

Like the specs, but no new info.  I am guessing that there's going to be a pair of opamps feeding each TPA6120A2's.  Seeing what Topping has done recently, I'm speculating that they're going to be OPA2134's.  I wonder if they will be socketed for easy swap out.  I guess if not, I can always take a soldering iron to the PCB.

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #11 of 468
Ah I see,
They are probably still working on it, or they aren't ready for production yet. Especially if they are in need of quality facilities or they are trying to gather cash for a volume order of chips.

Jun 17, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #12 of 468
I realise this is an old thread I'm resurrecting but any word on this thing yet? It's piqued my interest. I just asked Google-Sensei and he/she came up with Yamaha! LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back