Top-Tier Universal IEM Comparison Chart, Frequency Response Charts, & Discussion
Jul 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #753 of 785
@average_joe

I think it would be helpful for everyone if you changed the street price of the Earsonics SM3 from $390 to $300.

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #755 of 785

Quote:
In my opinion  think Klipsch custom 3 should be on the top tier list or at the very least the boarderline top tier list, its a very capable earphone 

i also really like the custom 3 but in no way is it top teir.  it just doesnt have the resolution for it.

not that its not very pleasent and a pleasure to listen too. 

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #756 of 785
As a certified Fischer DBA-02 lover, I'm looking forward to seeing how they rank on this chart when "more information" on them appears. Since they're my only entry on this list, I don't feel qualified to contribute comparisons, but they get high praise and generally consistent comments from many that have experience with other top-tier IEMs.

As a "more data" guy, I'd also love to see the frequency response curve for the DBA-02. That section of your opening page has some seriously good stuff.

I would think the Westone W2 should be somewhere on this list. (It showed up in earlier versions.)

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #758 of 785
That quality of sound reproduction which enables the listener to distinguish between, and follow the melodic lines of, the individual voices or instruments comprising a large performing group.

Basically, how detailed and clear the sound reproduction is.

This page lists every audio adjective I've ever heard of (with their definition).
http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/bbs/stereophile_audio-glossary.html

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #759 of 785

Quote:
That quality of sound reproduction which enables the listener to distinguish between, and follow the melodic lines of, the individual voices or instruments comprising a large performing group.

Basically, how detailed and clear the sound reproduction is.

This page lists every audio adjective I've ever heard of (with their definition).
http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/bbs/stereophile_audio-glossary.html

Thanks for that definition 

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #761 of 785
Yes, I also am a DBA fan, and I would like to get them on the top tier list, the main problem is not enough people have heard them. I plan on sending my backup pair out to a few HF friends, for an audition, and see if that helps. Might not, but worth a try. My guess is LFF, who wrote the initial review of the DBAs, also would vouch for the DBAs as top tier sound, despite their low-to-middle tier price.

Quote:
As a certified Fischer DBA-02 lover, I'm looking forward to seeing how they rank on this chart when "more information" on them appears. Since they're my only entry on this list, I don't feel qualified to contribute comparisons, but they get high praise and generally consistent comments from many that have experience with other top-tier IEMs.

As a "more data" guy, I'd also love to see the frequency response curve for the DBA-02. That section of your opening page has some seriously good stuff.

I would think the Westone W2 should be somewhere on this list. (It showed up in earlier versions.)

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #763 of 785
Chart updated.  I have not heard the DBA, but there are reviews out there and I am not sure my thoughts of the DDM agree with the majority, so I only put limited information on both.  There may be a hand-off of the chart soon...

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #764 of 785
It's a shame I couldn't send mine to you when they were on the West Coast but they are almost back to NY by now :) Also I'm not sure if the DBA-02 has better bass than the CK10. Quantity wise they have a bit more to my ears but I think CK10 has them beat. When I was writing up a review on them a while back I had the two of them on hand for a couple days before I had to give my CK10 to the next owner. I remember the CK10 having better extension in the bass but I didn't do much A/B. That was just my thoughts of it as the CK10 sound was still very clear in memory compared to now. Of course I haven't heard the DBA-02 in over a month now. Not saying the bass is bad but imo CK10 does it better when I heard them both.

Also if you don't hear it and would like to after a month or so I could lend it to you..just not now as I haven't heard them in a while now and would like to again since my memory of them isn't that great now esp after hearing a bunch of new earphones since I last heard them. I do hope eventually you will heard them however.

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #765 of 785

Quote:
It's a shame I couldn't send mine to you when they were on the West Coast but they are almost back to NY by now :) Also I'm not sure if the DBA-02 has better bass than the CK10. Quantity wise they have a bit more to my ears but I think CK10 has them beat. When I was writing up a review on them a while back I had the two of them on hand for a couple days before I had to give my CK10 to the next owner. I remember the CK10 having better extension in the bass but I didn't do much A/B. That was just my thoughts of it as the CK10 sound was still very clear in memory compared to now. Of course I haven't heard the DBA-02 in over a month now. Not saying the bass is bad but imo CK10 does it better when I heard them both.

Also if you don't hear it and would like to after a month or so I could lend it to you..just not now as I haven't heard them in a while now and would like to again since my memory of them isn't that great now esp after hearing a bunch of new earphones since I last heard them. I do hope eventually you will heard them however.

If you dont mind, put me on your list if that happens rawrster.  I'm not too far from Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back