Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder

Even these made the list?!
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Apple Ipod Ear Phones
Price: $39.00

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #47 of 110
It seems these Triports are quite popular in the states. Almost every day there is a new thread on head fi about how much they suck. So much hate
blink.gif

Interestingly I have never seen anyone wear these here in Australia.

Are Triports really that bad? Or are they just overpriced? They sure look ugly compared to K81DJ.

$249 is more than I would pay for portable solution though http://www.streetwise.com.au/index.php?cPath=43_148_219

Thats only $50 less than what I paid for Audio Technica A900.

But I dunno I have a feeling you guys are exeggerating slightly. I mean surely for AU$250 they can't sound THAT bad. Right? Would love to hear them just to see what the fuss is all about
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #48 of 110
terrible waste of web space
tongue.gif

I like the following comment that was probably drafted by headfier..

October 3rd, 2006 at 10:29 pm |
So where do you get your opinions on which headphones are good? If you go to any audiophile website you will get a completely different list from this. In fact they will probably ban you from their site if you put those bose headphones up there.

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #49 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler
It seems these Triports are quite popular in the states. Almost every day there is a new thread on head fi about how much they suck. So much hate
blink.gif

Interestingly I have never seen anyone wear these here in Australia.

Are Triports really that bad? Or are they just overpriced? They sure look ugly compared to K81DJ.

$249 is more than I would pay for portable solution though http://www.streetwise.com.au/index.php?cPath=43_148_219

Thats only $50 less than what I paid for Audio Technica A900.

But I dunno I have a feeling you guys are exeggerating slightly. I mean surely for AU$250 they can't sound THAT bad. Right? Would love to hear them just to see what the fuss is all about
wink.gif

I would give you my pair for free but they broke (they were a gift), then when Bose replaced them, there was a distinct channel imbalance in the cans and I gave them to a bum in NY on the street...along with my CD player and and Led Z cd...

Man I wish I still had that CD
cool.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #50 of 110
So he mistitled the piece. So what? You guys act like it's the end of the world. I seriously wonder sometimes if some of you have nothing better to do than go around flaming people who disagree with your taste (perhaps due to never having been exposed to "good" or to be more neutral, "less popular" headphones).
rolleyes.gif

Besides there is nothing to be gained, and everything to be lost, by insulting things that people have bought with their hard-earned money by trotting out snobbish, elitist opinions, no matter how well-informed or justified. I wouldn't choose any Bose products over my A-T stuff, but that doesn't mean I have to rip into someone who likes his Bose stuff. Sheesh.

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #51 of 110
Hi all,

As I was composing a new list of headphones, I used the constructive comments from my digg post and from my blog (webpodge), I came across this forum. I know that music and sound is something that people hold close to home, though I may not know sound I do know music, and I'm sorry if I've offended any of you.

That said, I thank everyone that posted on my blog or dugg it because in the end I really did learn a lot about headphones and so did a lot of other people by reading your comments. Plus it brought me to head-fi.org which is an awesome source of info, so that's all gravy. Here is a list of headphones that is composed entirely of comment recommendations:

http://webpodge.com/2006/10/04/top-1...es-remastered/

Cheers,
PK

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #52 of 110
Welcome to head-fi, PK!

A land where bose and b&o are as good as blasphemy...

Dont take it too harshly. If I started reviewing different apps for web design it would go something nooby like this:

Top 10 Web Publishing Software:
indesign
dw
notepad
iweb lol
publisher
imageready export to html rofl..
quark =P

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #53 of 110
Its alright webpodge.

Nice to see you signed up over here.

For one, there's no need for apologies and whatnot, you were uninformed to say the least.
I for one, would like to apologize on behalf of the head-fi community members who acted like nothing more than arrogant screwers over there.

Hmm, as a side note however, you might want to re-categorize the headphone thingy, as few people can actually afford the big boys (e.g Orpheus at US$14000-20000 circling around the globe, 300+ units only). Not many in the uninformed publc are willing to spend so much on headphones, so to keep the list down, I would suggest keeping things in check with things under US$200 first, but if possible, get yourself orientated with those headphones as well, there's no point behind a review that a reviewer does without knowledge of a reviewed headphone (reference reviews help though, but it is advisable for it to come from a similar source/person/reviewer for accuracy related reasons).

When those things are in place and the time's ripe, time to shoot beyond the US$200 limit and go wild I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

In the meantime, welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet, and happy listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #54 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by webpodge
Hi all,

As I was composing a new list of headphones, I used the constructive comments from my digg post and from my blog (webpodge), I came across this forum. I know that music and sound is something that people hold close to home, though I may not know sound I do know music, and I'm sorry if I've offended any of you.

That said, I thank everyone that posted on my blog or dugg it because in the end I really did learn a lot about headphones and so did a lot of other people by reading your comments. Plus it brought me to head-fi.org which is an awesome source of info, so that's all gravy. Here is a list of headphones that is composed entirely of comment recommendations:

Cheers,
PK

Awesome..I hope you stay a while..

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #55 of 110
Welcome to head-fi! Sorry you ran into such a rough reception, but we head-fiers think all roads to headphones eventually lead here, hehe, so when an "outside" voice brings up cans that we don't think are up to snuff, tempers rise without taking it with a grain of salt. From what you wrote in your initial blog, it looks like you've had the desire to continue to search for the right cans, but unfortunately have only run into the most easily available ones or the ones that have been marketed the best. Hey, that's reflective of 99% of the consumer market, so we don't blame you for being exposed as the majority of folks have been exposed. aftermarket cans are definitely still a niche thing, and sometimes you have to really hunt down a can, even if it's still in production (Alessandro headphones, for instance, are made by Grado but are only available at www.alessandro-products.com and a few random stores worldwide). And woe to thee if you try to find a Sennheiser Orpheus, which is way out of production and extremely pricey!

So have fun checking out the site, and come to a few meets too - folks in person are far more friendly, and as a whole the board is a civil community. Sorry about your wallet!

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #57 of 110
Quote:

Hi all,

Cheers,
PK

Welcome to the forum and sorry... VERY sorry about your wallet. Anyone who has bought/owned a V700, triprot and an EX71 deserves deepest sympathy. That ~$350 could have been spent on an MS1 and Millet tube amp.

PM me if you wanted to hook up and listen to some of my cans if youre ever in the San Jose area, there are a lot of friendly Fi-ers in this area. Hope to see you at the nat'l meet
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #58 of 110
Hi, welcome to Head-Fi.

At least now you know what we think of Bose and its quite accurate. There'll be someone who has got or had a every headphone...

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #59 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Welcome to head-fi, PK!

A land where bose and b&o are as good as blasphemy...

Bose perhaps, B&O, absolutely not. imho.

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #60 of 110
Again, sorry for the rough reception, it's just that you worded your article in such a way that confused headphone shoppers may have read your review and then proceeded to made some highly uninformed decisions about headphone purchases, which kinda caused us to blow a collective gasket. No hard feelings.

Quote:

Hi all,

Cheers,
PK

If you give us a list of things you look for in a headphone, we might be able to help you track down The One for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back