Top 10 Headphones Revealed!
Oct 5, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #76 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
There is a particular technique to wearing the A8. Once this is achieved, the sound goes from earbud to eargasmbud.

I assumed so. The smooth pneumatic motion of the clip beckoned to be adjusted but then again I wasnt too rough on it, back then I thought It looked fairly fragile...and that little thing cost more than my senns..

Oct 5, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #77 of 110
Nah, the a8 are easily the best earbuds i've ever tried, and i tried most of the most recommended ones (senn MX 400,450 etc Sony e888)
It's pretty stylish too.. if only it was at a more reasonable price
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #78 of 110
Thanks for the warm invitation all. I've been reading through some of the reviews of the headphones here and it's pretty amazing how indepth everyone gets.

About the comments, whoee it was a load at first, but I tried to look at the bright side and figured the more info that is posted the better decisions other people can make. I pretty much approved all comments except the ones that I wouldn't want little kids to read. =).

I'm def going to check out the head-fi conference.

Lates,
PK

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #79 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by webpodge
Thanks for the warm invitation all. I've been reading through some of the reviews of the headphones here and it's pretty amazing how indepth everyone gets.

About the comments, whoee it was a load at first, but I tried to look at the bright side and figured the more info that is posted the better decisions other people can make. I pretty much approved all comments except the ones that I wouldn't want little kids to read. =).

Lates,
PK

I think its cool that you came around, especially after the comments per your review on webpodge, looking forward to your impressions in the future. Welcome to HeadFi, sorry about your wallet

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #80 of 110
Welcome Webpodge!

I too am rather new to Head-Fi and was not aware of brands like Senheiser, Grado & Bayer Dynamics until visiting and reading all about them here. I'm now into this new hobby for over a grand and love it; i've even started to get into building diy amps. Hopefully your single but if not I hope you have an understanding signifigant other
biggrin.gif

Welcome!

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #82 of 110
Why would anybody go there and try to 'educate' that guy and post some serious suggestions?

Rather, have some fun with it, applaud his picks of Bang & Olufsen, because they truly are the best....if you want to look like a GOOF who paid XXX times more than he should have just to end up looking like an ad model for Scientific American monthly.

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #83 of 110
Quote:

Why would anybody go there and try to 'educate' that guy and post some serious suggestions?

Uh, because it's the right thing to do? Everybody deserves to be aware of the true nature of headphone Hi-Fi.

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #84 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
Rather, have some fun with it, applaud his picks of Bang & Olufsen, because they truly are the best....if you want to look like a GOOF who paid XXX times more than he should have just to end up looking like an ad model for Scientific American monthly.

Because this is typical "Elitist Head-Fi Pr*ck" behaviour? :down:

Also, have you ever listened to A8s properly?

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #85 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by webpodge

Lates,
PK

I'd also like to say welcome, and I hope you weren't turned off by some of the very immature comments on the blog; they're by no means representative of what head-fi is all about.

Audiophilia can be such a wonderful world; it will make you remember why you fell in love with music in the first place. The beauty of headphones is that you can get rich hi-fi sound without investing a fortune as you would in speakers. A simple HD580 + Original Master + E-MU 1212 or the Stax SR-001 system will compete with speaker setups costing thousands! Though, of course, you can also drop tens of thousands on a headphone setup, and get sound that will be truly state of the art.

If you go to a head-fi meet, you will discover for yourself what headphones are capable of. I guarantee that one listen to the Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus or Stax SR-007 Omega II out of the Singlepower ES-1 will be something you won't easily forget!

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #89 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto here.

I said,

The top ten dynamic headphones in current production:

1. AKG K710

2. Sony SA 5000

3. Sennheiser HD650

4. Beyerdynamic, top model

5-10. Nothing else worth mentioning

Wow - I'd love to get me hands on a K-710
eggosmile.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #90 of 110
Yeah. It would compliment the HD700 nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back