Top 10 Headphones Revealed!
Jan 25, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #91 of 110
I must admit, this was a funny thread to read. I also must admit I respect Kramer5150 for offering to help and educate rather than make fun of someone who just may not know as much as some snobs. In the past, I was swayed by the Bose ads, but you know what - I was never put down.

I respect the members in this forum that really try to help other members. I get tired of some members putting down brand new members for not utilizing the search function. It's a journey, a passion and hopefully a fulfilling hobby. Let us also focus on keeping this forum friendly. I am still very grateful to the members here in this forum who took time out to answer my msgs. to them when I was brand new and a little intimidated. Members (Kramer5150 and Jahn, to name a few) always treated me with respect and made want to come back.

Excuse my rant, but this is really just a friendly reminder to keep things friendly here and to show some patience to people rather than make fun of when they just might have no idea of what there is to learn.

Take care, Ed.

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #92 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by biged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit, this was a funny thread to read. I also must admit I respect Kramer5150 for offering to help and educate rather than make fun of someone who just may not know as much as some snobs. In the past, I was swayed by the Bose ads, but you know what - I was never put down.

I respect the members in this forum that really try to help other members. I get tired of some members putting down brand new members for not utilizing the search function. It's a journey, a passion and hopefully a fulfilling hobby. Let us also focus on keeping this forum friendly. I am still very grateful to the members here in this forum who took time out to answer my msgs. to them when I was brand new and a little intimidated. Members (Kramer5150 and Jahn, to name a few) always treated me with respect and made want to come back.

Excuse my rant, but this is really just a friendly reminder to keep things friendly here and to show some patience to people rather than make fun of when they just might have no idea of what there is to learn.

Take care, Ed.

I see your points and agree with you that there're many people with good hearts in this forum. However, there're also quite a few ignorants who know to abuse the systems, and they deserve it.

Sorry... ignorance sounds like a crime to me.
mad.gif

I think I'd rather spend time in patrick82 threads to discuss about cables...
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #96 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto here.

I said,

The top ten dynamic headphones in current production:

1. AKG K710

2. Sony SA 5000

3. Sennheiser HD650

4. Beyerdynamic, top model

5-10. Nothing else worth mentioning

I'm buying the k 710 and the k 701.
580smile.gif
lol Sory.

OR....

1.sony r-10

2.Sennheiser HD650

3.AKG K 701

4.Koss PRO4AAT

5.Sony SA 5000

6.Beyerdynamic, top model

7.unnamed

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #97 of 110
I feel compelled to complain about that list
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sony EX71
"These headphones aren’t tinny and handle bass very well"

I'm sorry, but the EX71s should only be in the top 10 of one kind of list
wink.gif
I am astonished that the "reviewer" describes the bass in that way. They add bass to songs that don't even have it!!! Way too bloated and overpower everything else, rendering highs non-existent. The whole list just seems like a lazy copy and paste of the current top 10 sellers from Apple's webstore

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #98 of 110
Best headphones I've heard, in order:

1. HE90
2. K1000
3. RS-1
4. K701
5. HD650
6. HE60

Big dropoff after that. There's the A900s, A900LTDs (?), KSC75s, GS1000s, and a few other things I've heard, but nothing that knocked my socks off. I haven't heard any of the top-end Sonys, however. Oh, and KSC75 ($9) > Triports ($150) > QC2 ($300) > QC3 ($350). Nice opposite correlation between sound and price there.
biggrin.gif
(Haven't heard the QC1.)

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #99 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a particular technique to wearing the A8. Once this is achieved, the sound goes from earbud to eargasmbud.

There is indeed. Thanks for showing me btw. I never knew the A8 were capable of that. the one drawback of your method is the look
wink.gif
They stick out a bit...

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #100 of 110
I've tried quite a few, but these are the ones I've settled on (and hence own):
1) SA5000.
2) HD-595
( 3) UM2. )

Love em to bits even though I'm currently eyeing up a proper amp, an HD650 and a DT990 and perhaps and akg701 if people like them that much.

I tried the triports in a store - oh my god so echoey and wind tunnel like.
QC - give my EX51s back please.

No MDREX90 on the list either.....

the superfis were an ok choice on the list....but not ety er4s????

What about senn MX550 or CX300 for the budget lines? I love my MX500s.

This reviewer is probably on crack or on hand-outs from the respective companies.

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #101 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is indeed. Thanks for showing me btw. I never knew the A8 were capable of that. the one drawback of your method is the look
wink.gif
They stick out a bit...

Having your earbuds stick out is the next fashion craze. I'm just so cool that im cool before what it is that I am doing that is cool has been made cool.
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #102 of 110
I kinda feel bad for the guy. Some of those comments were way out of line. 2 years ago I didn't think headphones could get much better than my $50 phillips from target. Maybe we're the ones that need educating, I mean we do spend hours a day on a forum about headphones....

No offense intended torwards teh headfi'ers

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #104 of 110
many comments made here and at the "review" page are sad
mad.gif
and are classic examples of the nasty part of the online world where some think its fine and dandy to knock on someone for whatever reason in public forum and the "gang mentality" is sure to follow. . . . look what I said har har. talk sh!t, point fingers and sneer from behind the anonymity and safety of sitting in your chair at your keyboard.
frown.gif

Everyone should bear in mind that all that you read online is "input" from a REAL human with feelings. Some need to ask themselves " would I say such things in person, face to face to any individual?" ... more often times than not your honest answer would be know. Know matter what you hobby may be there is ALWAYS someone who knows more then you and ALWAYS those that have less knowledge then you. Don't brandish your knowledge like a n00b slashing sword of snobbery , but, rather like a life line to pull the unknowing from the cold murky depths to warm dry land.

It also amazes me how so many can pick one sentence out of a paragraph and try to beat someone down bit by bit.

None here were born all knowing about all things Hi-Fi, don't be so quick with the "oh, me too" ,which I see WAY too much of on forums, be it in attacking another or buying a new product. Think and be yourself
wink.gif

Speakers for instance, you can get a VERY VERY good sounding 5.1 system for under 3000$, on the other hand you can spend 75000$ on a VERY VERY good sounding 5.1 system. Can the average person hear 72000$ of difference? I think not. The more one learns the more they come upon new and different names they didn't even know existed from the mainstream chain store items. Also the more you spend for something the harder you defend your decision by saying what you bought is the best, its the nature of us all. We take comfort in others joining us in a like way of thinking. That is why many are in this forum to begin with. Knitters are not in here, where are they, ... at a knitting forum thats where and why is that?

the BEST, or for that matter, the top 10 is/are all personal preference no matter what level of cost you purchase at, or your knowledge level in any given area.

Love me hate me, I do not care.

word up
cool.gif

Peace Out
eggosmile.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #105 of 110
MaN227, I've not read every post on this thread or the comments on the link, but "getting personal" seems to only extend as far as not having a wide experience of headphones and a tongue in cheek quip of the reviewer being paid. I'm sure he can take it
wink.gif

Frankly as a journalist, he should be able to take criticism of his work. No one is talking about his private life. Re my post on the previous page, yes I would say it to his face. Why wouldn't I? Its strictly business, not personal. Similarly, I don't hate you for your opinion that having a go at the choices in the article is over the line (which imo is far from it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back