Top 10 Headphones Revealed!
Oct 4, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #16 of 110
Sony MDR-700DJ Studio Monitor Series
Price: $149.99

This is a pair of headphones I hold near and dear to my heart. Always by my side, the MDR DJ700’s were made famous by the 1000’s of DJ’s that swear by these headphones. Don’t believe me, go out this weekend to your nearby club and see what headphones the DJ is sporting, it’s the 700’s guarnteed. These headphones are quite simply a perfect balance of sound quality, durability, design aesthetics, comfort, and overall feel.
He He..LMAO..

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #20 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
I doubght that my comment will get posted...
eek.gif

Ditto here.

I said,

The top ten dynamic headphones in current production:

1. AKG K710

2. Sony SA 5000

3. Sennheiser HD650

4. Beyerdynamic, top model

5-10. Nothing else worth mentioning

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #22 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
Sony MDR-700DJ Studio Monitor Series
Price: $149.99

This is a pair of headphones I hold near and dear to my heart. Always by my side, the MDR DJ700’s were made famous by the 1000’s of DJ’s that swear by these headphones. Don’t believe me, go out this weekend to your nearby club and see what headphones the DJ is sporting, it’s the 700’s guarnteed. These headphones are quite simply a perfect balance of sound quality, durability, design aesthetics, comfort, and overall feel.
He He..LMAO..

Anyone who's been to a club regularly in the past year or so knows that the 700's have long lost their once ubiquitous presence. Might have something to do with their absolutely dismal build quality and comfort; let's not even get into the sound quality right now. Pioneers, Technics, and Sennheiser cans are seen more and more often being strapped to DJs' noggins.

I do wish that more people actually try more options before throwing out their "Top 10 lists".

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #23 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I kind of understood what he was saying, because he is taking the commercially available headphones in that price range. I lost respect when the stock ipod buds were mentioned... And for $30 too. I wouldn't pay a single penny for those buds.

Actually, that's the ONE point on which I agree with him. I think the iPod earbuds are the best STOCK headphones I've ever heard. If you insert them properly, they're not bad for an earbud.

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #24 of 110
Quote:

The stock ear phones that come with ipod are actually probably the best stock ear phones that you will ever get.

*dies*

even if they are the best stock. omg omg omg. why are ipod stock buds on anybody's top ten.

bose triport. bose qc3. sony 700. apple earbuds.

ooo dear god.

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #26 of 110
Well now I'm upset. I've spent over two years lurking around this site looking for recommendations for good headphones. Now you show me a site that could have given me all the info I need. So why did I spend so much time reading all the misleading comments on headfi? And I spent $12.50 on those KSC-75's... now I find out that the 700dj's are a better value. Money down the toilet. Thanks headfi.

hey, and I'm not so sure he praised the ibuds... i saw a picture of some apple in-ear thingies, which he said were no better than ibuds...

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #27 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
At least he said, it's the top ten that he's heard.

it seems he's only heard 10 headphones, its sort of strange that the Apple isolating buds made the top ten list when he plainly says they suck and he wouldnt accept them as a gift.

its going to be funny when he's alerted to this thread
redface.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #28 of 110
I notice those headphones are in the exact order of which company spends the most on advertising... Bose will always be the brainchild of marketing managers, not audiophiles. Very image-centric list as well.

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #30 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Ditto here.

I said,

The top ten dynamic headphones in current production:

1. AKG K710

2. Sony SA 5000

3. Sennheiser HD650

4. Beyerdynamic, top model

5-10. Nothing else worth mentioning

Don't like Grados?