Top 10 Headphones Revealed!
Oct 4, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #31 of 110
Man, that list was pretty bad, but some comments on it were completely out of order.

Quote:

this uninformed reviewed should really be wiping his mouth with toilet paper. head in over to head-fi.org and enligten yourself

Quote:

i want to puke all over this article…..are you sick in the head. please visit head-fi.org

What. Keep it civil... The last thing we want is bad publicity.

Oct 4, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #32 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
Don't like Grados?
smily_headphones1.gif

Not to mention the AKG K1000s absolutely crush all of the other dynamic phones on drarthurwells list.

IMHO of corse.

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:13 AM Post #34 of 110
Give the guy a break. Thank God he doesn't know(?) Head-Fi, cause frankly I'm ashamed to be a member when reading the comments here. The improvements you get when buying 'more valuable' products (as a lot of you guys here say so), like AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, etc. are already quite small. Sound is sound, and starting from a certain point (meaning decent and properly driven), the gain in SQ is at least subjective.

Who is anyone to say that Grado or Sennheiser should belong in that list? Oh, I see, because Head-Fi says so? I'd like to see a Top 10 of amps actually, cause frankly the difference between these are even more smaller compared to headphones. What if someone put a Bose product above a Sennheiser high-end headphone? Has this person gone mad or deaf? Some people like to think these things instead of "He just likes Bose better." Is someone no audiophile because he/she is not a member of Head-Fi or doesn't like buying extraordinary gear to get that last gain in SQ (if there is any)?

Oh well, some people have golden ears probably (as I have too, but I won't go so far as to describe sound like wine).

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #36 of 110
Wow, way to open up a can of animosity! I just hope those particularly immature comments over there weren't from posters here, that's an embarrasment to this forum and it's members.

Oct 4, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #37 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Ditto here.

I said,

The top ten dynamic headphones in current production:

1. AKG K710

2. Sony SA 5000

3. Sennheiser HD650

4. Beyerdynamic, top model

5-10. Nothing else worth mentioning

No grado love from you?
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #38 of 110
did you guy see this?

Quote:

# John Lexure says:
October 4th, 2006 at 1:33 am |

You recommended the Bose Triports, that was my first clue that you have no idea what you’re talking about. My second clue is that you didn’t mention any of the great headphone makers. Grado, Sennheiser, Etymotic, and Beyerdynamic are all highly recommended.

Go check out headphone.com and head-fi.org for people that actually care about good sound.

anyone we know here?

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #41 of 110
***, some of you people need to read the article CAREFULLY before starting to foam at the mouth:

Quote:

Here is a list I have compiled of headphones that I have used over the past two years. I have owned at one point or another all of these headphones at one time.

That should have given you a clue that this wasn't one of those "BEST 3V4R!!1!1!!1! HEADPHONES LOL" lists. Some of you obviously go nuts and lose all comprehension/sense of proportion the minute you see a Bose or B&O product in any list. He doesn't laud each and every headphone on the list for everything. For example, on the QC2s:

Quote:

Don’t get me wrong I like these headphones for noise canceling I just have a hard time recommending the Quiet Comforts just based on sound quality.

On the Apple In-Ears:

Quote:

Don’t buy these headphones... they performed so terribly that I had to return them the day after. First off the ear buds don’t fit correctly, and though I did manage to get them to fit for a second of two they will definitely fall out during a short run. In addition the sound quality is no better than your typical Apple Ipod stock headphones and realistically I wouldn’t even accept these headphones as a gift.

On stock iPod earphones:

Quote:

The stock ear phones that come with ipod are actually probably the best stock ear phones that you will ever get. They are stylish durable, produce decent sound, and overall are a good pair of headphones if you don’t want to spend anymore money.

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #42 of 110
Well dont get us wrong, we're not grilling him for his review, but its the fact that he titles it "Top 10 Headphones", and thats the mistake. Though he is far from informed, his stated occupation is web design, and nowhere in the review does it mention he actually cares about sound quality and/or value as much as we do, he still shouldnt have made it sound like some kind of definitive answer to the eternal question..

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #43 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by YW_Slayer
***, some of you people need to read the article CAREFULLY before starting to foam at the mouth:

That should have given you a clue that this wasn't one of those "BEST 3V4R!!1!1!!1! HEADPHONES LOL" lists. Some of you obviously go nuts and lose all comprehension/sense of proportion the minute you see a Bose or B&O product in any list. He doesn't laud each and every headphone on the list for everything. For example, on the QC2s:

On the Apple In-Ears:

On stock iPod earphones:

NO WAY
wink.gif
!! People are going to read his review and plunk down $150 for an MDR-V700, thinking theyve got a great bargain and such? That review is very mis-leading IMHO.

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #44 of 110
Im going to go jump off a building....I have lost all faith in humanity.

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #45 of 110
I told you people Bose Tri-Port was the best ... but no... you wouldn't listen
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back