Too much "wasted" space, and too much white.
May 6, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #46 of 109
I link this new design in some ways but there are a few things missing in it over the last one. I share the sentiment that there is a lot of white here, I'd prefer if there were a few darker shades of blue around as it'd look nicer especially on the main page and forum pages.

Also I may have missed this but there's no rules/stickies and I think new people with no posts can post in the FT/FS forums. Few other profile things here and there otherwise it's not difficult to transition from the old and new layout.

May 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #47 of 109

Quote:
I am a bit lost, where are my blogs!

That is all for now...

Update: I don't know what happened to my blogs or where they are right now. I use them for making notes. The threads I once started, they don't seem to be present in the personal user interface (Am I using the correct words?). If it turns out my blogs are gone, I will be more than annoyed. The threads can be tracked back but my blogs really matter, all that labour of love...

X2  Most everyone's blogs are gone.  Blogging here appears to now be a privilege for the few.  Maybe it's to keep the bandwidth down.

May 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #48 of 109
From an esthetical point of view (at least mine) the new appearance isn't too bad. But like many others I find that there's too much empty space, information density is too low, which is detrimental to lucidity and readability. I also miss some of the previous intimacy. This may have to do with a too uniform appearance: fixed character sizes and colors. I would appreciate if there was at least some variance, particularly the possibility to downsize signature fonts.

May 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #49 of 109
I didn't specifically mention the layout. vbulletin just works. For example the quoting is terrible on this..for some reason I can't actually quote above on this particualr post, it's only letting me have your quote below this text. The multiquote option is poor..you have to click the multiquotes on a number of posts then click the single quote button on the final post (unlike vbulletin where you multiquote then click reply). So if I multiquote 3 posts on page 2 of a thread, then read to page 12 and I don't want to quote any posts on page 12, I have to either go back to page 2 to click single quote on the last post I wish to quote, or click a random post to invoke the multiquote then delete than random quote
triportsad.gif
it also doesn't always show who you are quoting and a link to that post.
And the no showing of how many pages on the front page, thats a show stopper imo..that's the first thing I noticed was wrong

Quote:
I don't think the old layout was specific to vBulletin.  The new system (Huddler.com) hosts forum websites that look a lot like the old layout.  So it's really just a question of choosing a different layout

May 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #54 of 109
The white doesn't bother me so much. If it wasn't for the blank space it probably wouldn't be an issue for most people. I don't think we would want to see it filled with ads though. Perhaps a headphone gallery or something of that nature could be inserted.

May 6, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #56 of 109
Thanks for the upgrade.
Misses how the threads were sorted.

The Threads are now sorted by Lastest Posting (correct me if i am wrong). Excellent in doing specific search; it might be good for "Hot topics" but not so good for "browsing". The pervious layout was better for my liking (sort Thread by dates), just my 2cents.

Quote:
Maybe it is just me, but I have problems with differing new post from older, does anybody share this problem?

May 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #57 of 109
May 6, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #58 of 109
Quote:
I didn't specifically mention the layout. vbulletin just works. For example the quoting is terrible on this.

100% Agree.  I've a few post over the last hour and the new quoting system is a PITA.  I can't get out of quotes without going to the source, my cursor vanishes outside of the quote, etc.  I hadn't used the editor much when I originally replied to you but now that I've used it...

I guess there are a lot of bugs to sort out.

May 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #60 of 109
Wow this new layout is a dissapointment! The older one was so much better, why not keep the same layout and just add the new features?!?!!? Either way, I hope they change it, since it feels too clinical for me... with all the bright white, and the layout seems unorganized... maybe from the impression of all this "empty" space, either way, I don't like it... Hopefully they will switch back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back