Too much "wasted" space, and too much white.
May 6, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 109
Perhaps just change the background colour to a slightly darker colour and see if it has a more positive effect?

Agreed the white "lacks intimacy".

May 6, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #18 of 109

Quote:
Look at all this wasted space over here ------------------------------------------->

------------------------------------------->

On top of this, all that wasted space over there will soon be filled with advertising. Also, I constantly used the "New Posts" feature on the old forum. It was nice just to scroll down and see each topic listed by title. Very simple. The new "New Posts" feature takes a lot more attention to separate the title from all the other information which is in the same font and same color. Everything blends together. 

May 6, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #19 of 109
As someone with some eye strain, the light colors, even on old Head-fi, are too much for me. If the colors were inverted (try it with mspaint) then it would be perfect. Please make a dark theme...

May 6, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #20 of 109
Out of all the new forum upgrades I've been seeing lately on other forums, I actually like this layout.

I would like an option to view the last page of the thread right under the thread link though.

May 6, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #21 of 109
I like the improved look ... it feels more slick. Obviously there are many details that need to be worked out and I agree there is too much white space. On the forum home page, I have to scroll way too much to get to the music and member's lounge sub-forums - much more scrolling than before.

May 6, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #23 of 109
My eyes are burning and I have a headache after 10 minutes of reading on here :frowning2:  Don't underestimate the importance of color scheme, it'd be terrible to lose traffic because the forum is too bright.

May 6, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #24 of 109
I mailed support regarding my 'lost blogs.' Hopefully my blogs are not lost. If so because of this 'upgrade' or 'restyling' I can not accept that. 

Don't you find the 'invite friends' unnecessary? If Head-Fi is to become like Facebook I have my doubts about Head-Fi.

I really hope the blogs are not lost...

May 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #25 of 109
i dont care about the colour and i can live with the layout but what im arleady hating is it na longer displays the number of pages in a thread.  i dont give a flying fcuk what my last post in a thread was if it was if it was 2 months ago.  i want to go to the last fcuking page!!

May 6, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #27 of 109

Quote:
My eyes are burning and I have a headache after 10 minutes of reading on here :frowning2:  Don't underestimate the importance of color scheme, it'd be terrible to lose traffic because the forum is too bright.

I agree

Quote:

------------------------------------------->

On top of this, all that wasted space over there will soon be filled with advertising. Also, I constantly used the "New Posts" feature on the old forum. It was nice just to scroll down and see each topic listed by title. Very simple. The new "New Posts" feature takes a lot more attention to separate the title from all the other information which is in the same font and same color. Everything blends together. 

I agree

May 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #28 of 109
I agree with many of the posts here.  The wasted space issue is irritating to me because you have to scroll to see the next response and it feels less like a conversation, things don't flow nicely.  It was better when you could read a few posts in a row.  I also agree with the too bright issue as well.  working off my Eizo monitor this white starts to burn my optic nerve and the very fine font makes the white seem more in-you-face.  Please consider making a colour scheme that is more relaxing, both on the eye and also in palette.  I don't come to Head Fi to READ ABOUT HEADPHONES.... I come on here to enjoy reading about heaphones.  I am sure that I will get used to it, but it does not mean that I will enjoy it.

May 6, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #29 of 109
Yeah,1/3 of the screen is useless,what was the point anyway?It was ok with the old style.

May 6, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #30 of 109

Quote:
I agree with many of the posts here.  The wasted space issue is irritating to me because you have to scroll to see the next response and it feels less like a conversation, things don't flow nicely.  It was better when you could read a few posts in a row.  I also agree with the too bright issue as well.  working off my Eizo monitor this white starts to burn my optic nerve and the very fine font makes the white seem more in-you-face.  Please consider making a colour scheme that is more relaxing, both on the eye and also in palette.  I don't come to Head Fi to READ ABOUT HEADPHONES.... I come on here to enjoy reading about heaphones.  I am sure that I will get used to it, but it does not mean that I will enjoy it.

Couldn't agree more. I'm using an old monitor and - as example - Your post (wchich is not particularry long) took a half of my screen. Adding signature and avatar it's 3/4 actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back