1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Too much "wasted" space, and too much white.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by elephas, May 6, 2010.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last
  1. timmyGCSE
    also why do I have to enter my date of birth and post code in my profile now? [​IMG]

edit: oh...RTFM [​IMG]

Quote:

2. Steggy
    The site is not easy to surf now that vbulletin is gone. No usercp and easily checking up subscribed threads, weird layout that looks like i ctrl +'d my browser. Meh.

bcpk likes this.
  3. racer_x124
    Just fill the extra space with more of those skull candy ads I see everywhere.

I like the color scheme, maybe more contrast but not white text on black. I cant even read one paragraph on hackaday because of that.

4. racer_x124
    Double post

**that was weird, got an error

5. Deep Funk
    I had some hopes, unfortunately the 'new' Head-Fi does not, I repeat does not support blogs.

I have to read more about the finer details but I am more than annoyed by this. My blog 'Evolution of Stuff' really meant a lot to me. I just have to restart writing my audio gear findings and re-evaluate my audio set ups. From now on I will write my findings in Word and place that information in Wiki-files, or something like that. 

Too bad, this 'blog problem', both the (as far as I know) disappearance of my blogs (32 updates in 'Evolution of Stuff!) as the not supporting of blogs à la 'old' Head-Fi is reason enough to almost quit Head-Fi. Thankfully I can still track back my favourite and important threads, some threads are still necessary for my quest in the world of music and audio gear.

6. ford2

Looks like the whole point of the upgrade was to use a 1/3rd of the screen for ads,which any savy user will soon get rid of.

I just love those that tell us that an upgrade is for the better.

And I just love the little blurb that crops up now and again asking me if I want to contact FRIENDS,must be for the  Kindergarten users.

And if you surf without Java they plaster another blurb across the top,are they trying to force people away from the site.

This is one thread that is expanding very fast lets hope someone takes notice.

7. Volkum

Quote:

You can check subscribed threads on the main page after logging in.  I did stop getting emails for threads I had subbed to with email updates :frowning2:

8. timmyGCSE
    tbh that is the only thing I like about this new site..the recent activity. The usercp is...dire

bcpk likes this.
  9. Crazy*Carl
    So how do we get ride of the ads?

And whats with this stupid slow motion auto scroll when I make posts.  Another eye candy waste of time.

bcpk likes this.
  10. GreatDane Contributor
    reading this forum is very awkward. too bright,wasted space,text too big, etc. not good.

bcpk likes this.
  11. Blueiz
    WHY do folks insist on changing something that isn't broken??? Old site was GREAT as it was.... I've been on 10 minutes and I'm tired of using the site... used to cruise the old site for HOURS!

bcpk likes this.
  12. Nakattack
    Hate it, why fix something that wasn't broken? I want the old one back.

bcpk likes this.
  13. bdr529
    to make more money with advertising

bcpk likes this.
  14. s1rrah
    hosts file is your friend.

And re: the new layout ... too early to say ... but of course, being a somewhat long term daily user of the previous design, being acquainted with it's in's and outs and suddenly hit with this far more commercially oriented beast ... I want to say "I hate it and will never come back," ... but I'm gonna give it it's fair shine over the next week. Just to be fair and all ... I mean, it's true ... when dealing with the very very familiar and much loved, sudden change really can be difficult.

But hey, it's just a computer forum about headphones, nothing truly and importantly Humanistic(tm) and all ... not like anything World Historic(tm) or anything, so if I end up not liking it? Well then, just so much more lost smoke in the ether. I'll recover in about 45 minutes and get on with my life.

:wink:

bcpk likes this.
  15. TwoTrack
    I hate this software package.  They installed it at the Home Theater Forum and I stopped going there.  Too much wasted space.  Too difficult to read.

I like my forums to spread all the way across the page.  You are ruining a great place.  Please go back to the prior software.

bcpk likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last