Tidal Lossless Streaming
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #4,261 of 5,203
But it’s still two clients. Why should you get two for the price of one? Many services charge more for additional users, regardless of where they’re located.

Because maybe it's just me in the kitchen and me in the living room. That doesn't mean I should have to buy a so-called family plan. To me family plan means my brother and his wife in their house and me in my house, and my dad on his tablet in his house.

Some services do allow multiple clients online at the same time. So it's just about what they can stick you for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #4,262 of 5,203
I was successful just now simultaneously playing different recordings on the Windows App and the iPhone app.

It worked for me occasionally too, but not always. I hope your lucks holds :)

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #4,264 of 5,203
does anyone notice or have a cure to why Tidal plays the same 3-4 bands over and over? I have 2000 songs with many of them being different bands and it seems to only play the same 3-4 bands every time which is extremely annoying.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #4,265 of 5,203
Does it continue to play for multiple tracks or albums on all of the clients? I would say that they don't actually intend it to work, and their software isn't catching your situation for some reason.
Only one device online at same time, only if the ones that are offline mode enabled can play the downloaded songs/albums/playlists

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #4,266 of 5,203
Anybody know if the LG V40 is capable of full unfold of tidal masters? The master logo is in orange while playing an mqa track, like it does on my iPad. I thought it was supposed to light up blue? Any help would be much appreciated

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #4,268 of 5,203
Does anyone else use the TIDAL Desktop app? For some reason the data usage is through the roof when I run HiFi, like way more than the web player.

WEB PLAYER:
upload_2019-9-10_15-39-33.png

DESKTOP APP:
upload_2019-9-10_15-41-57.png

It jumps up there and just stays there. The song never plays and I eventually get a message from TIDAL telling me to check my internet connection, and it still uses this much network til I close the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's the same.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #4,269 of 5,203
I use only the app on Windows. Does the web player serve MQA? Is this comparison of both the app and the webplayer playing the same song in the same mode?

I can't honestly remember where I looked at it, but somehow I got the impression that the bandwidth use is really low even when playing MQA. I'll try to check later on.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #4,270 of 5,203
I use only the app on Windows. Does the web player serve MQA? Is this comparison of both the app and the webplayer playing the same song in the same mode?

I can't honestly remember where I looked at it, but somehow I got the impression that the bandwidth use is really low even when playing MQA. I'll try to check later on.
The web player does not support MQA.

Either way, both of these streams were the same song set to "HiFi" quality.

That being said, it doesn't matter which song I play, the network usage is the same. I figure there must be some sort of 3rd party app hijacking the connection or a coding error in my version of TIDAL (I always update when it prompts, so this should be the latest version). I just find it odd, because it used to run just fine and it just stopped about a week ago.

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #4,271 of 5,203
The web player does not support MQA.

Either way, both of these streams were the same song set to "HiFi" quality.

That being said, it doesn't matter which song I play, the network usage is the same. I figure there must be some sort of 3rd party app hijacking the connection or a coding error in my version of TIDAL (I always update when it prompts, so this should be the latest version). I just find it odd, because it used to run just fine and it just stopped about a week ago.

Hmm. I can't get to my windows box now. Tomorrow I'll check Task Manager and see how much network it is using. I remember the usage was surprisingly low. Maybe run a virus scan on your PC?
BTW Tidal app is terrible, I have lots of other problems with it. Latest one is it keeps resetting my quality to Hi instead of Master. This was fixed a while ago and is broken again. Worst app in the history of streaming... If you haven't opened an issue with Tidal you probably should even though their support is nonexistent.

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #4,272 of 5,203
Does anyone else use the TIDAL Desktop app? For some reason the data usage is through the roof when I run HiFi, like way more than the web player.

WEB PLAYER:

DESKTOP APP:

It jumps up there and just stays there. The song never plays and I eventually get a message from TIDAL telling me to check my internet connection, and it still uses this much network til I close the app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's the same.

It is normal for Tidal to do so briefly (a few seconds) when caching HiFi or MQA quality tracks for playback, after that it should drop back to normal data usage. Have you tried checking if the behavior also occurs when using the WiFi connection? If it doesn't, it might have something to do with your wired network connection. In that case you can try to reset your network adapter (start > search > cmd.exe (open as admin) > enter the command "netsh winsock reset" no quotes)

Once that is done, your network adapter settings have been restored to their default values and there's a good chance the problem has been solved.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #4,273 of 5,203
It is normal for Tidal to do so briefly (a few seconds) when caching HiFi or MQA quality tracks for playback, after that it should drop back to normal data usage. Have you tried checking if the behavior also occurs when using the WiFi connection? If it doesn't, it might have something to do with your wired network connection. In that case you can try to reset your network adapter (start > search > cmd.exe (open as admin) > enter the command "netsh winsock reset" no quotes)

Once that is done, your network adapter settings have been restored to their default values and there's a good chance the problem has been solved.

I will try wifi. As for resetting the network, it's at work so that will surely do nothing as IT manages our network settings.

Sep 15, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #4,274 of 5,203
Will anyone with a late model iPad please tell me what adapter I need from Apple for bypass to xDSD portable DAC? Or any USB DAC/AMP that will work through iPad USB? I think the camera connection kit usb3.0 is one way. It has an additional lightning connector output to add power to the iPad?
This one: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MK0W2AM/A

Or is it just a more simple Apple to USB adapter like this: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MD821AM/A

Thank you to anyone, everyone for your guidance. :smile_phones:
I need help! :warning:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #4,275 of 5,203
Will anyone with a late model iPad please tell me what adapter I need from Apple for bypass to xDSD portable DAC? Or any USB DAC/AMP that will work through iPad USB? I think the camera connection kit usb3.0 is one way. It has an additional lightning connector output to add power to the iPad?
This one: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MK0W2AM/A

Or is it just a more simple Apple to USB adapter like this: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MD821AM/A

Thank you to anyone, everyone for your guidance. :smile_phones:
I need help! :warning:

For my Woo WA-7 Fireflies I simply use the basic Apple to USB adapter and route it through a powered USB hub and then to the USB input on the DAC/Amp. It works fine, if I don’t use a powered hub I get the old “insufficient power” reading. I don’t know if this answers your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back