Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #4,231 of 5,201
Does anyone know of any iOS apps that allow you to stream from Tidal? I'm looking for something other than the Tidal app that can stream Tidal Masters (MQA).

I can do it with Roon from my home network, but I'm looking for something I can use on the go.

Thanks.

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #4,232 of 5,201
Does anyone know of any iOS apps that allow you to stream from Tidal? I'm looking for something other than the Tidal app that can stream Tidal Masters (MQA).

I can do it with Roon from my home network, but I'm looking for something I can use on the go.

Thanks.

For on the go, why not use the Tidal app and download the playlist(s) you need for on the go? Works very well for me on an old iPhone4S that I have dedicated to being a DAP.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #4,233 of 5,201
Has anyone the same problem. Dell notebook with dragonfly red.
When i start tidal up volume goes immediatly up to 100 so when i start to play music i almost blow out my ears and blow up my drivers. In this case ier-z1r. Then i set the volume back to 20 out of 100 and when the next song starts the volume goes back to 100 again . I think its only in exclusive mode.

I also do not understand why tidal on android does not have a proper landscape mode. It would also be great to use it in splitscreen. Now i use the audioplayer pro app that has a proper landscape mode and is able to work in splitscreen.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #4,235 of 5,201
Anyone tried TIDAL on Android TV’s? Is the App genuinely fromTIDAL?
apkmirror shows an official TIDAL app (version 2.3) for Android TV that was released December 2017, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since. In contrast, the phone app has been getting updated at least every month and now at version 2.13.3. I suggest that you contact TIDAL and ask if they are continuing to support Android TV.

Aug 10, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #4,236 of 5,201
apkmirror shows an official TIDAL app (version 2.3) for Android TV that was released December 2017, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since. In contrast, the phone app has been getting updated at least every month and now at version 2.13.3. I suggest that you contact TIDAL and ask if they are continuing to support Android TV.
I think the Tidal app for the Nvidia Shield has been updated more recently than December 2017 because an update fixed its inability to play Masters files over wifi less than a year ago.
My Shield reports it as 2.13,3. The Shield is a variant of Android TV, although I can’t recall whether the Shield has its own version of the Tidal app or uses the generic Android TV version.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #4,239 of 5,201
Is there some reason you think it is in need of an update? It works well for me on my Nvidia Shields, although I don’t use it often.
I don’t know if it needs an update or if there are performance improvements possible and or bugs that should be addressed. 2017 is along time and the Android OS was updated after this, so have Chromecast.

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #4,240 of 5,201
I don’t know if it needs an update or if there are performance improvements possible and or bugs that should be addressed. 2017 is along time and the Android OS was updated after this, so have Chromecast.
If you look for the Tidal app on the Google Play store you’ll see Android is still supported (in response to your earlier question), as evidenced by the fact that Tidal personnel continue to respond to questions and suggestions about the app. All Android versions are 2.13.3. According to that page it was updated on August 5, 2019

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #4,241 of 5,201
If you look for the Tidal app on the Google Play store you’ll see Android is still supported (in response to your earlier question), as evidenced by the fact that Tidal personnel continue to respond to questions and suggestions about the app. All Android versions are 2.13.3. According to that page it was updated on August 5, 2019
Oh i see. Thank you. Some one on this thread posted it was not updated since 2017 which is why I have been concerned.

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #4,242 of 5,201
Oh i see. Thank you. Some one on this thread posted it was not updated since 2017 which is why I have been concerned.
I saw that. However, in addition to the Play Store, most of the third-party apk sites I checked also list 2.13.3 as having been released on August 5, 2019. I checked apkpure and a few others. There seem to have been four updates in the last couple of months, beginning with 2.13.0.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #4,243 of 5,201
Of course TIDAL currently supports Android phones.

The question was specifically about Android TV. I don't even see a TIDAL app for Android TV currently on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000e26_androidtv_apps_all

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #4,244 of 5,201
Of course TIDAL currently supports Android phones.

The question was specifically about Android TV. I don't even see a TIDAL app for Android TV currently on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000e26_androidtv_apps_all
In this case, the Android app is the Android TV app. It configures itself for a “10-foot interface” on a TV screen. Like many Android apps, no special version is required for Android TV. Only a small percentage of apps have or need an Android TV option to run on an Android TV device. I use the regular Android app on my Nvidia Shields, which run the Android TV system. There has never been a specific Tidal Android TV app, and I doubt one will ever exist. There is no need. See here https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001264517-Android-TV

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #4,245 of 5,201
In this case, the Android app is the Android TV app. It configures itself for a “10-foot display” on a TV screen. Like many Android apps, no special version is required for Android TV. Only a small percentage of apps have or need an Android TV option to run on an Android TV device. I use the regular Android app on my Nvidia Shields, which run the Android TV system. There has never been a specific Tidal Android TV app, and I doubt one will ever exist. There is no need. See here https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001264517-Android-TV
The bottom line is to open the Play Store on your device, and if the app is listed then it is "officially" supported (although quality of implementation is always an open question).

You're implying that an arbitrary standard Android app will run on Android TV, and that is not true. The developer must configure their app to identify itself as supporting Android TV. They can integrate Android TV support into their phone app or create a separate Android TV app (which Spotify and Pandora chose to do).

There has never been a specific Tidal Android TV app
There is one listed on apkmirror that was released December 2017:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tidal/tidal-high-fidelity-music-streaming-android-tv/
It is possible that TIDAL have since integrated Android TV support into their phone apk, but it didn't meet the requirements to be included in the Android TV showcase page on the Play Store.
https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/launch/distribute-tv
https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000e26_androidtv_apps_all

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back