Tidal Lossless Streaming
Apr 18, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #5,191 of 5,203
Yes, distortion like white noise/static during the switch to FLAC or MQA. But only when Exclusive Mode is checked.
If it’s only in Exclusive mode, then it’s likely a USB issue, but couldn’t guess which component is having the problem. It’ll take some troubleshooting on your end to isolate the issue.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #5,192 of 5,203
If it’s only in Exclusive mode, then it’s likely a USB issue, but couldn’t guess which. It’ll take some troubleshooting on your end to isolate the issue.

Thanks, I'll keep looking for a fix. Strange it's only flac and mqa and only in exclusive mode.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #5,193 of 5,203
Thanks, I'll keep looking for a fix. Strange it's only flac and mqa and only in exclusive mode.
Yeah, as I’ve had it explained to me, USB connections are practically miniature computers in themselves, so they can do all kinds of whacky things. I’d try mixing and matching and swapping things out and see if that helps you identify which component is getting cranky.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #5,194 of 5,203
Hello one and all.
I renewed my Tidal subscription and over the last three days I’ve been trying to download my content for off-line listening.

It’s taking an insane amount of time to download off-line Content!
It downloads one song and then pauses the download and I catch it and restart the download or unpause it. It’s been two days of nonstop trying to download one song and it still didn’t download. Is this a Tidal or Hiby issue?

Help me Obi-Wan
I’ve never had this problem before downloading content from Tidal or hiby.

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #5,195 of 5,203
Hello one and all.
I renewed my Tidal subscription and over the last three days I’ve been trying to download my content for off-line listening.

It’s taking an insane amount of time to download off-line Content!
It downloads one song and then pauses the download and I catch it and restart the download or unpause it. It’s been two days of nonstop trying to download one song and it still didn’t download. Is this a Tidal or Hiby issue?

Help me Obi-Wan
I’ve never had this problem before downloading content from Tidal or hiby.
Sounds like neither to me. More likely a network issue.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #5,197 of 5,203
Sounds like neither to me. More likely a network issue.
Now that I think about that a little bit more, I think that might be where I should start.

I’m run across an issue with Hulu TV, that doesn't like T-Mobile home Wi-Fi almost a year ago but seems to love T-Mobile home Wi-Fi now.

Mind you my signal is great on average is 300 meg download speed and 80 meg upload speed and double it on Sunday. I do check that periodically on all my devices tv, other daps, phone….

I think whatever Hulu did to fix this issue needs to be applied to Tidal or the R6.

I may need somebody higher up the food chain than me!!

Help me Obi-Wan

Ps I have downloaded all my Tidal library to my Ibasso dx320 and just finished that less than an hour ago I think the total was over 6000 or more or more. Yes, it was slow at first, but then the last 200 songs kick in to high gear.
Also, I lowered the audio quality and deleted all but 1/6 of songs and it’s still not finished.

But I gave up

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #5,198 of 5,203
Now that I think about that a little bit more, I think that might be where I should start.

I’m run across an issue with Hulu TV, that doesn't like T-Mobile home Wi-Fi almost a year ago but seems to love T-Mobile home Wi-Fi now.

Mind you my signal is great on average is 300 meg download speed and 80 meg upload speed and double it on Sunday. I do check that periodically on all my devices tv, other daps, phone….

I think whatever Hulu did to fix this issue needs to be applied to Tidal or the R6.

Help me Obi-Wan

Ps I have downloaded all my Tidal library to my Ibasso dx320 and just finished that less than an hour ago I think the total was over 6000 or more or more. Yes, it was slow at first, but then the last 200 songs kick in to high gear.
Also, I lowered the audio quality and deleted all but 1/6 of songs and it’s still not finished.

But I gave up
Unfortunately, network issues are a major blindspot for me. Whenever something network-related goes on the fritz, my standby solutions are power cycling my modem and router, rebooting my PC, and restarting whatever software was having the issues. Nine times out of ten, that fixes it. The rest of the time, yeah, I also need someone higher up the food chain. Good luck!

Apr 21, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #5,199 of 5,203

Help me Obi-Wan

But I gave up
I found that downloading Tidal playlists (to my FiiO M11Pro) works best. With albums, I found that I had to "refresh" the download by visiting the album before I left the house. Anyone else have this experience?

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #5,200 of 5,203
I found that downloading Tidal playlists (to my FiiO M11Pro) works best. With albums, I found that I had to "refresh" the download by visiting the album before I left the house. Anyone else have this experience?
Yes, for whatever reason the janky way Tidal seems to implement DRM enforcement means you have to periodically “refresh” downloaded albums, but oddly not playlists.

It’s very annoying, but I’ve got so used to it now I don’t really notice anymore. But yeah, I do regularly revisit all the album downloads in Tidal on my DAP and either click them to refresh the offline download, or delete the ones I’m not listening to anymore.

Apr 21, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #5,201 of 5,203
Yes, for whatever reason the janky way Tidal seems to implement DRM enforcement means you have to periodically “refresh” downloaded albums, but oddly not playlists.

It’s very annoying, but I’ve got so used to it now I don’t really notice anymore. But yeah, I do regularly revisit all the album downloads in Tidal on my DAP and either click them to refresh the offline download, or delete the ones I’m not listening to anymore.
I wonder if that's regional. I've never had to refresh my Tidal downloads. I keep a handful of albums downloaded to my phone at all times. Some have been there for multiple years.

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #5,202 of 5,203
With albums, I found that I had to "refresh" the download by visiting the album before I left the house.
for whatever reason the janky way Tidal seems to implement DRM enforcement means you have to periodically “refresh” downloaded albums
Try doing this. With the app in online mode, log off and log back on. You shouldn't have to do it more than once every 30 days.

For offline playback, streaming services check that you still have an active account; otherwise you can quit the service and keep playing in offline mode forever. Theoretically, if you switch back and forth between online and offline modes, it should automatically validate your account the last time you were online. However, Tidal doesn't seem to keep track of it properly. Logging off and logging back on forces refreshing your account status.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #5,203 of 5,203
You shouldn't have to do it more than once every 30 days.
Appreciate the tip, and I'll try to give it a go, but I'd have to remember to do this once every 30 days, which is the challenge.

Never had to do anything like that with AppleMusic, so I guess that's the standard I'm used to when it comes to this kind of thing.

I get that a streaming service has to validate that a user continues to pay for the service to maintain offline downloads, but there are more elegant ways of doing this than anything I've seen from Tidal so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back