TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players!
Oct 13, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #76 of 190
  Does anyone have an idea on when it will be released on AK240. What means "soon after' ?
Thanks !

Asked them the same thing on twitter and they gave me the coming soon spiel.

We'll see, time will tell.

But AK does seem very much dedicated to keeping the entire product line updated.

If I was a betting person I'd say it'll be released for the AK240 by the end of the year.

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #77 of 190
Mmm......experiencing some playback pauses (on 380 cu) even though wifi is normal. Will observe if this "problem" persists. Tidal on other devices runs in normal fashion.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #83 of 190
Can anyone from Astell & Kern comment on when offline mode be available ?
This is a big void (at least for me), and I don't understand why it wasn't supported day #1 - since the Android versions of the Tidal app already supports it.

It's an important feature for me because I use my AK player mainly on my commute, and I don't have LTE or WiFi during my entire commute.

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #85 of 190
Mmm.....be patient. I think A&K is working on it. It will come. In the meantime, I just switch to Tidal when LTE (or even 3G) is available. When it is not, I just switch back to my flac collection.

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #86 of 190
Mmm.....be patient. I think A&K is working on it. It will come. In the meantime, I just switch to Tidal when LTE (or even 3G) is available. When it is not, I just switch back to my flac collection.

Sure I can understand if these DAPs were released today. But these DAPs have been out for a long time now and it took them forever to get Tidal on them. And when they eventually did it's half baked, what's up with that ?

Oct 20, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #87 of 190
I think the implementation is just fine, I don't understand all the complaining. Im sure eventually they will implement offline, be patient. 

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #88 of 190
I think the implementation is just fine, I don't understand all the complaining. Im sure eventually they will implement offline, be patient. 

As @tuxbass said above, it's half baked and none of the elements involved (AK making DAPs or The Tidal app itself) are new.

I wouldn't speak for anyone else, but personally I download Tidal albums at home over Wifi on my Onkyo DP-X1 to listen to offline when I'm out during the day. You can't do that on an AK so all this "Tidal is coming to AK!!!!" is a teeny bit disingenuous.

There are obviously more important things in life, but this is a personal audio forum and if enough people "complain", then AK might hurry up and do the job properly. For what it's worth, I love AKs - I have an old AK120 in a Glove A1 - and I would like another, but I won't by waving my wallet near one until they sort Tidal out.

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #89 of 190
As @tuxbass said above, it's half baked and none of the elements involved (AK making DAPs or The Tidal app itself) are new.

I wouldn't speak for anyone else, but personally I download Tidal albums at home over Wifi on my Onkyo DP-X1 to listen to offline when I'm out during the day. You can't do that on an AK so all this "Tidal is coming to AK!!!!" is a teeny bit disingenuous.

There are obviously more important things in life, but this is a personal audio forum and if enough people "complain", then AK might hurry up and do the job properly. For what it's worth, I love AKs - I have an old AK120 in a Glove A1 - and I would like another, but I won't by waving my wallet near one until they sort Tidal out.

I agree with this. Consumers have the right to demand whatever. Head-Fi is an amazing platform to raise concerns and comments.

For example, the AK EQ is completely useless and I believe that if more people complain, greater pressure will be placed on them to deliver a fix quicker!

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #90 of 190
So just got the AK70 yesterday and I've gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed so far. Sound wise, it seems like a step down from my Dragonfly Red that I just sold to simplify my setup with the AK70 taking its place. Considering I paid 3 times the price (got the DFR for $150 used and the AK70 for $450 used) I've got to say it kind of seems like a bad decision at this point. UI is very slow for me for some reason, Wi-Fi has been spotty in my house, even though I've got Gigabit Internet and a TOTL router, and with the balanced output it barely powers my Ether C's (Full Volume - 150) which don't even need that much juice. With my Andromeda's they sound pretty good so far through the SE output, but still not as good as the Dragonfly Red, treble extension has definitely taken a hit. I'm thinking the DAP search may continue but I'll give it some more time to see if I warm to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back