Thunderpants!
May 9, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #1,293 of 2,225
Wow just finished reading this epic thread. I won't commit to too much but the gears are turning in my head and ideas are leaking so there may be some fun new TP's in the world whenever I get a chance to actually try out what I'm thinking. I have an old broken pair of Audio-technica A-5's that I might cannibalize the headband from..hmmm.

BTW I imagine someone would have mentioned it already but anybody know if you can buy just the drivers somewhere? It seems like such a waste to buy the whole headphone just for the driver...

Oh, and anybody ever try and make an angled baffle like in the audio-technicas? I have some a700's and I was thinking the angled driver could be fun, but it might make the baffle too big since there isn't much room in the cup, not to mention it might change the damping characteristics too much.

May 9, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #1,294 of 2,225
It's easier to just use angled pads instead of angling the entire cup/baffle. In theory they should work the same way.

May 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #1,295 of 2,225

Quote:

Nice work (apart from the driver :wink:  What did you use for the inner headband?  Looks comfy.  Tia

Thanks.  Here in Minneapolis we have a place called Axman Surplus and it has all sorts of strange goodies.  I used a circular type foam cushion thingy along with cardboard, leather and glue.  It's definitely comfortable. 

May 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #1,299 of 2,225
They look like mini watermelons...
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,303 of 2,225

Quote:
Wow just finished reading this epic thread. I won't commit to too much but the gears are turning in my head and ideas are leaking so there may be some fun new TP's in the world whenever I get a chance to actually try out what I'm thinking. I have an old broken pair of Audio-technica A-5's that I might cannibalize the headband from..hmmm.

BTW I imagine someone would have mentioned it already but anybody know if you can buy just the drivers somewhere? It seems like such a waste to buy the whole headphone just for the driver...

Oh, and anybody ever try and make an angled baffle like in the audio-technicas? I have some a700's and I was thinking the angled driver could be fun, but it might make the baffle too big since there isn't much room in the cup, not to mention it might change the damping characteristics too much.

angle is usually 15-30% for me

May 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,304 of 2,225
Wow, I really want thunderpants.. for the people who has heard both the thunderpants and LCD2.. how do they compare bass wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back