Thunderpants!
Sep 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #721 of 2,225

Quote:
Man, got busy, forgot about this thread, and look where it is now; people with awesome looking Thunderpants!  Really liking the latest cups, Bigrock.  I noticed from your sig that you've got AD2000s too...how's the sound compare between that the TPs?

Thanks faolan!

They actually compliment each other very well. The ad2000 has a nice bright and airy presentation while the Thunderpants has a nice warm and Ultra-realistic presentation. 

At the moment, The Thunderpants is stealing 100% of my listening time so I think that might speak for itself. 

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #722 of 2,225
Hey fellow ortho-heads, im going to do a mogami litz braid cable for my TP's probably next week when the cable gets here. I'll post a comparison and thoughts on its validity of a cable for the TP after
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers, M

Sep 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #723 of 2,225
I made an attempt at capturing the awesomeness of these headphones in a photograph, but it's very difficult, probably impossible.

I'm sorry to hear you're having second thoughts about the sale Ben, but I'm afraid these aren't leaving me anytime soon.

Sep 24, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #727 of 2,225
Thats a Beautiful cup Momomo!

Looks like Redwood Burl?

Just don't get those wood chips in your cast because there's no way of getting them out.
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #728 of 2,225

Quote:
Thats a Beautiful cup Momomo!

Looks like Redwood Burl?

Just don't get those wood chips in your cast because there's no way of getting them out.
biggrin.gif

x2.  Thats my favorite of all the cups so far Momo.  Beautiful!

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #730 of 2,225
You beat me to the punch momomo, my next set of cups were going to be out of Redwood burl.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I enjoy turning wet wood as well, it cuts fast and is easier on your heath as well. 

However I choose to not turn wet wood as I don't have a drying kiln. 

Can't wait to see your next cups, what other kind of burls do you have? 

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #731 of 2,225

Quote:
I made an attempt at capturing the awesomeness of these headphones in a photograph, but it's very difficult, probably impossible.

I'm sorry to hear you're having second thoughts about the sale Ben, but I'm afraid these aren't leaving me anytime soon.

awesome photo!

glad you're enjoying them... no second thoughts.. just withdrawl :wink:

Sep 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #735 of 2,225
Absolutely stunning! I guess I have somewhat of a soft spot for burls. I can't wait until I'm able to turn some olive burl this winter break. I hope it turns out that well.

Too bad they don't match. Oh well I guess I could be nice and take them off your hands at no cost......
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back