Thunderpants!
Jul 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #76 of 2,225

Quote:
Haha nooooo. School's coming up and I'm taking the whole month of August to make my speakers. Can't make them during school, I'd get obsessed and not focus on my studies. Need to raise my GPA. It's only 4.0... Need a lot higher to get into MIT. Or at least Rose-Hulman.

you know you want to
devil_face.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #78 of 2,225

Quote:
you know you want to
devil_face.gif

Haha want to what? I really need to focus on school more. I just gave up caring last year. I NEED to get into a good biomedical school. But U of I is too close to home. I'd get forced to go home every weekend.
tongue_smile.gif

And aren't the K501s really picky with pads?

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #80 of 2,225

Quote:
How do you think J$ makes his pads?  He just uses a die to cut the leather consistently in one shot versus scissors, but he sews each pair on a sewing machine then finishes them by hand.  It's not that hard once you have the patterns.   

Well, I could sew too, but whatever comes out of my hands probably won't look professional. Sewing is just not what I do best. So whoever is able to turn raw material into a professional looking product gets my respect.
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #81 of 2,225
Jul 22, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #83 of 2,225

Quote:
Hey, completely off topic for the thread but u should check out RPI for biomedical. MIT is way over rated. 

I actually considered that school. A part of me wanted to go to MIT for shallow purposes. "Hey, what college did you go to?" "MIT, you?"
wink_face.gif
But in all seriousness, my friend and I were going to apply for MIT just for kicks, and we're going if we get accepted. She's more likely to get in than me though. Stupid smart top of the class girl. RPI's acceptance rate isn't scary though.

Quote:
Well, I could sew too, but whatever comes out of my hands probably won't look professional. Sewing is just not what I do best. So whoever is able to turn raw material into a professional looking product gets my respect.
wink.gif

Professional looking is not what you should expect from me haha. But the OCD perfectionist in me will make it look as good as possible. Good practice for surgery too, I guess.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #84 of 2,225

Quote:
Haha want to what? I really need to focus on school more. I just gave up caring last year. I NEED to get into a good biomedical school. But U of I is too close to home. I'd get forced to go home every weekend.
tongue_smile.gif

And aren't the K501s really picky with pads?

I thought R-H was an engineering school?  Eh, when I was in HS, R-H was all guys, no co-eds.  I didn't even apply.  Headed up to Purdue 'cause they had co-eds!  It went co-ed while I was at Purdue, but no point to change schools as Purdue was more nationally recognized at the time.  I'd bail on the U of I too, but that's my least favorite school in the Big Ten. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #86 of 2,225

Quote:
@Ishca, not really 'picky' but it so happen that they used diff materials from 501 to 701.

But suede or leather will really change the sound of the K501s and probably in a very negative way.  I was going to use K702 pads on my K401s, but I sold them before I tried.  If I was going to buy another set of dynamic cans ever, it would be a set of K400s and I'd use K702 pads. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #87 of 2,225

Quote:
I thought R-H was an engineering school?  Eh, when I was in HS, R-H was all guys, no co-eds.  I didn't even apply.  Headed up to Purdue 'cause they had co-eds!  It went co-ed while I was at Purdue, but no point to change schools as Purdue was more nationally recognized at the time.  I'd bail on the U of I too, but that's my least favorite school in the Big Ten. 

Yeah, I'm taking biomedical engineering for college then medical school. It makes more sense in my head haha it's hard to explain what I'm thinking of doing.
My dad has a friend who has something to do with the school so it was recommended to me. My friend goes to U of I and doesn't really like it, but that's more likely his personal preference than a basis of the school.

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #88 of 2,225
Question about dynamat. Does it work similarly to blue tak in that it can be molded to fit spaces or are you stuck with whatever shape you get when you buy it?

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #89 of 2,225

Quote:
Question about dynamat. Does it work similarly to blue tak in that it can be molded to fit spaces or are you stuck with whatever shape you get when you buy it?

It comes in a sheet. I guess you can call it flexible in that It could be molded into places. But it's not going to fill up tiny gaps like the ones on the driver itself. Well, I guess you could technically rip the stuff off the backing, since its kinda like gum...

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #90 of 2,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back